Fordmods Logo

Centrifugal Supercharger thread 

Page 7 of 13 [ 194 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Have you got one of these blowers yet Slick?

Is there quarter mile times floating around for any of the falcon raptor kits yet?

210rwkw + is pretty potent for the amount of time needed to fit the bloody thing. You cant really go wrong.

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Judging by some of the V6 commomdores equipped with one, it should be very interesting.

A few commodore are running 14 flat and dipping in the 13's too, looking forward to it .

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

If the Commodores are running 14's and high 13's i doubt the falcon's will go any better than them.
They are a s**t lighter, have beeter low end gearing, and rev a bit higher, which is goo for a centri blower.

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
Have you got one of these blowers yet Slick?

Nah man, I rather invest it wisely on practical things. something that makes money.

besides, I ain't much of a skeptic. if there's ideas and solution going into the effort then there's no problem what so ever. I'll leave my judgment until the end of the quarter mile line. until then, idea's, solution, trial and errors will make it a more efficient overall setup{ the whole car}... I hope!

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:
If the Commodores are running 14's and high 13's i doubt the falcon's will go any better than them.
They are a s**t lighter, have beeter low end gearing, and rev a bit higher, which is goo for a centri blower.

Cammed up, roller rockers, diff geared (3.7).

Im sure its well within reach, similar times that is, if not better. :)

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:

Isn't that a silly statement, i mean i never put my blower on the car to make it handle better... maybe others do??? :?
I don't think people are being negative, just more realistic or the times that were posted for the speed he was going.

People don't hate the centri, most of the guys who have commected have one!!! and know what they do and don't do, and exactly how they drive. Plus we know that you need a certain amount of power with certain setups to get the quarter mile results.

Perhaps I was saying that too many focus on the 1/4 mile, Im saying that too much focus in one area results in a deficiency in another. all out acceleration over 400 meters is no way to judge a car either which is what a lot of people here are using as the ultimate yardstick. Nothing silly about that, its just a point that either flew over your head, or through one ear and out the other.

My other point was not once, not once did cooky say his hand timed efforts were a substitute for a 1/4 mile time. yet a few yahoos came along bellowing about how useless the information was. Bollocks, any information as long as it is not discountable is usefull. And a stopwatch done a few times as accuratly as possible yielding close results should not be ignored. the car is quick.

Thats the point.

Relax man.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Seriously, WTF do i need to relax for???
Pull your head in mate.

If al the information that gets said on here didn't go in and out of your own ears, and you actually knew about times and speed.
No one really cares about what his ute will or wont run, but those times and pmh are very similar to a quarter mile. But it is so inaccurate, which is why people pointed it out.

So if you read and UNDERSTOOD this info, then you would know that a blown Falcon will not travel 100mph in 12.2 seconds. Well not one with any less than 280rwkw on its way to a high 12 sec quarter.
It's not bagging anyone, or having a crack. It's called pointing out s**t. So chill out yourself and stop trying to defend someone when you obviously have no idea of the times it would probably run.

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

We will see won't we.
It's what my car did,it's not BS.
And yes it could be way out but that's the only yardstick i have.
The animosity here is unreal ,small minded dweebs inhabit this joint.
And yes please relax.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

badcooky wrote:
We will see won't we.
And yes please relax.

I don't blame you man. I totally agree with ya on the tweet with small d**k bit. LOL

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

This is actually a thread about the centrifugal style blower and what they're about.
I would appreciate related stuff about them.
Has anyone got a dyno chart of a stock BA6 with a set of decent extractors and sports system.
I would like to overlay it with my 210 chart,this car is now way stronger than the 210 but i don't have anything else yet.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

badcooky wrote:
This is actually a thread about the centrifugal style blower and what they're about.
I would appreciate related stuff about them.

Sorry man, I'll stay out of the thread unless I have something relevant to add.

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

badcooky wrote:
We will see won't we.
And yes please relax.

Thats fine, if you reckong ur car will run 10mph in 12.2 secs, i'll believe you when the slips are put up. LOL

The animosity is from all the dweebs that have a one track mind on centrifugal blowers, and will stick up for each other no matter what is said.

So slick, i'll keep my small d**k and blown car, you can keep writing stupid comments and sticking up for everyone no matter what they say.
Have fun anyway boys, i'm over all this s**t talking in here, and people backing each other up just cause they think what they have is the best thing since sliced bread.

Enjoy...

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:41 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Ontopic, centrifugal blowers, gear driven are better.
I also like my blowers to have a compressor flow map, so I can make an informed decision on whether it is going to perform well on my vehicle.
Also I want a T-Trim, or a Procharger F1-R.
Thank you.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
Ontopic, centrifugal blowers, gear driven are better.
I also like my blowers to have a compressor flow map, so I can make an informed decision on whether it is going to perform well on my vehicle.
Also I want a T-Trim, or a Procharger F1-R.
Thank you.
I'll go with Procharger F1-R. with the Aussie value I'll buy direct from the states. not from here, their price is based on yesteryear exchange rates. :lol:

I'm still waiting from member's honest opinion from either product to make the final well informed decision. otherwise its a waste of time and money! LOL

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:

So if you read and UNDERSTOOD this info, then you would know that a blown Falcon will not travel 100mph in 12.2 seconds. Well not one with any less than 280rwkw on its way to a high 12 sec quarter.
It's not bagging anyone, or having a crack. It's called pointing out s**t. So chill out yourself and stop trying to defend someone when you obviously have no idea of the times it would probably run.

it doesnt actually mater one f**k, I have not said anything about this being a drag strip thing. cookie never has either. its others, like yourself, that have jumped on that bandwagon. Nick off if you cant ram that through ya thick skull.

The fact that you keep t*** on about not enough power this, cant do a 12 that shows me how incapable you may be of independant thought.

enough isn't enough

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 13  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next