Fordmods Logo

Cheap Water2Air Intecoolers? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Opto.. would you mind coming and polishing my rocker cover and intake manifold please? that looks awesome.

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ED Falcon

SA, Australia

JoeXR6 wrote:
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Is yours from frozenboost opto? They've become very expensive with current exchange rate. Looks great.

No it isnt i got mine from a crowd called turbocoolboost he gets them from the states, the one on my car is rated at 600 HP, kit includes pump, get the bosch one, heat exchanger, fan and intercooler, it is possible to fit it all in, I did it, a bit tight and a few mods for an E series, threads are NTP but BSP threads are a close fit, use a good thread sealant.

Here's a link, message him, prices were reasonable for a full kit, $600 to $700.00

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/turbocoolboost

Good luck

I post here cos the russian tank driver doesn't

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:27 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

Thanks for the link Opto, I've contacted Mick. From memory he gets the kits from frozenboost, which may be why he's not advertising them at the moment.

Do you know what sort of intake air temps you are achieving with your setup? Also, is a fan behind the radiator absolutely necessary for W2A? If not, installation would be a lot simpler!

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

JoeXR6 wrote:
Thanks for the link Opto, I've contacted Mick. From memory he gets the kits from frozenboost, which may be why he's not advertising them at the moment.

Do you know what sort of intake air temps you are achieving with your setup? Also, is a fan behind the radiator absolutely necessary for W2A? If not, installation would be a lot simpler!

No the fans not necessary, if you have a good radiator fan/fans , I prefer the EF/EL/AU electric radiator fan setup, I tapped off these to power the heat exchanger fan and water pump.

As for temps, I havent got readings from both sides of the intercooler, however I can tell you there is a big difference between the two, I would say temps are down by 30 to 35 degrees C on the intake side.

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

Hey,

Virtually the same set-up as mine(frozenboost....yeah i bought at the right time....lol)

As for temps, mine never goes over 35 degrees C. I think you might have seen it before in Frankieh's thread????

I got my set-up cheaper than the ebay guy, and he had the audacity to tell me he gets them even cheaper.........i told him he was a thieving Kent.........of of story!!!!!!!!!!

Save your money and dont f**k-a*** about and get the goods you need, you wont be sorry............

You know speed/power costs money.............

:twisted: Daz 8-)

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:22 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

Cheers Daz, good advice, and thanks for pics Opto. I've actually got all these already, as a reference for when I attempt to put the kit parts together! Why have you chosen to run the extra fan if not necessary? More consistent intake temps for tuning, or to keep low speed driving/idling temps lower?

Joe

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

JoeXR6 wrote:
Cheers Daz, good advice, and thanks for pics Opto. I've actually got all these already, as a reference for when I attempt to put the kit parts together! Why have you chosen to run the extra fan if not necessary? More consistent intake temps for tuning, or to keep low speed driving/idling temps lower?

Joe

No real reason for fitting the extra fan I just did it, at least I could see if it would fit, thats about it

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:03 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

Cool. I've decided to make up a W2A kit bit by bit. I'm picking up the cooler core from 104rd tommorow. Also got an temp probe yesterday, so will log some intake air temps and work out difference after fitting. Please let me know anyone who is selling associated W2A parts - radiator, pump, fan, etc. I'll update as I piece is together. Thanks for the help an info all.

Joe

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Joe try a cooler thermostat, and bring the water/meth on earlier,you should bring it down like that a bit.
Have you got thermo fans can you bring them on earlier and wrap your headers as well.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2