Fordmods Logo

crane lx92 coil 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: crane lx92 coil
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 192 rwkw

SA, Australia

hey guys, newby here :D im wondering if anyone has used an lx92 with the rest of the ignition system stock? can it be done? and wil it produce a stronger spark in my EL turbo project? thanx guys

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

just get the whole hi-6 and lx 92 coil.

they work awesome. i was very happy with my when i first installed it.

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:21 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Crane say not to use the LX92 with anything less then a Crane Hi6.
But what fritzz said, I noticed a definate difference when I whacked mine in, and thats a stock N/A motor.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL turbo

QLD, Australia

hey fritz did u have any problem with detonation with your crane ignition setup? i am getting detonation on 10psi with good air fuel ratio, and pulled timing back to 33degrees with the ems stinger, i am thinking of goin one of two ways, either throw the ef coil packs on and hope i get a stronger spark or just upgrade to a hi crane system?

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Crazy_MXer wrote:
hey fritz did u have any problem with detonation with your crane ignition setup? i am getting detonation on 10psi with good air fuel ratio, and pulled timing back to 33degrees with the ems stinger, i am thinking of goin one of two ways, either throw the ef coil packs on and hope i get a stronger spark or just upgrade to a hi crane system?

i know every engine is different but 33* is a fer bit of advance for 10psi in the 4l.

i would bring it bak to about 22 - 25degrees.

i have no det problems. thats the reason y i have a tunable ecu. but i did find i could run more advance once the hi 6 was installed.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

yeh Fritz you are right pulled it back to 25 and all sweet, the guy who lives up the road from me as an analogue dyno and whe where tuning it on that via my innovative lc1 kit hooked into my stinger, and he was also tuning his car and was around the 40 degrees advance on 6psi boost in his range rover, so he was tryin to tell me my ignition system was crap but you are right all engines are different, a guy from work had a cortina with a 250 crossflow making 600rwhp and was running 25 degrees advance at 28psi with a shot of gas to spool the big TA turbo off the line to run a high 9 down the quarter! pretty nuts hey but eventually it threw a leg out of bed and the hole lot was a throw away, he is now puttin a BA xr6t motor in and aimin for 800rwhp and hopefully a low 9! keep an eye out for him early next year its a blue cortina and his name is Anythony Briggs! just for curiosty wat boost are you running and wat advance are you gettin away with, just so i can get roughly in the ball park when i screw a bit more boost into it and get a better ignition system! In the ideal world you would keep advancing timing until torque dropped off than retard it back a bit, i think most off the time detonation stops us from doing this unless compression is low enough and ignition system is exceptionally good!

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

yeh Fritz you are right pulled it back to 25 and all sweet, the guy who lives up the road from me as an analogue dyno and whe where tuning it on that via my innovative lc1 kit hooked into my stinger, and he was also tuning his car and was around the 40 degrees advance on 6psi boost in his range rover, so he was tryin to tell me my ignition system was crap but you are right all engines are different, a guy from work had a cortina with a 250 crossflow making 600rwhp and was running 25 degrees advance at 28psi with a shot of gas to spool the big TA turbo off the line to run a high 9 down the quarter! pretty nuts hey but eventually it threw a leg out of bed and the hole lot was a throw away, he is now puttin a BA xr6t motor in and aimin for 800rwhp and hopefully a low 9! keep an eye out for him early next year its a blue cortina and his name is Anythony Briggs! just for curiosty wat boost are you running and wat advance are you gettin away with, just so i can get roughly in the ball park when i screw a bit more boost into it and get a better ignition system! In the ideal world you would keep advancing timing until torque dropped off than retard it back a bit, i think most off the time detonation stops us from doing this unless compression is low enough and ignition system is exceptionally good!

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

on 12psi i run 18* timing at 5000rpm

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]