do all the e series require a engeneers cirt for turbo conv 

Page 3 of 6 [ 76 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: do all the e series require a engeneers cirt for turbo conv
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:51 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Thank you Brad, we shouldn't upset people of Shane's standing. Just look at his status on this Forum....... :roll:

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: FG XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

swc whatever, not even going to bother repying on your comments any more. not interested in what u say .u keep your comments to your self and so will i :idea: ..and yes i do have a ef turbo waiting to be finnished just have to fit the manual diff ,i dont get time to do any thing on it working 12 hour shifts welding ,as for micks car yes it has a turbo fitted as well thats why he wanted to know if it needed a cirt .troyman anwered the question on this topic ,and i did have a look at the web interesting, also put in a complaint at the rta regarding the false info ,and there are three engeneers near here .one at seven hills ,another at old toongabie,and penrith ..has anyone here had cars done at either of these places..reason being i dont want to send old mate to a place that just picks the s**t out of a car ,,and im sure some of ther rates are $190 hr.open to ideas :)

BANNED

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I get all my work done through the guy at Penrith. If it isnt 120% good luck getting it passed.
He is one of the best in the RTA's eyes.
Ill blow my own trumpet here and say everything I have taken to him has passed first go so far!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:02 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

shane falcon futura wrote:
swc whatever, not even going to bother repying on your comments any more. not interested in what u say .u keep your comments to your self and so will i :idea: ..and yes i do have a ef turbo waiting to be finnished just have to fit the manual diff ,i dont get time to do any thing on it working 12 hour shifts welding ,as for micks car yes it has a turbo fitted as well thats why he wanted to know if it needed a cirt .troyman anwered the question on this topic ,and i did have a look at the web interesting, also put in a complaint at the rta regarding the false info ,and there are three engeneers near here .one at seven hills ,another at old toongabie,and penrith ..has anyone here had cars done at either of these places..reason being i dont want to send old mate to a place that just picks the s**t out of a car ,,and im sure some of ther rates are $190 hr.open to ideas :)

oooooohhhhhhh :( But I am soooooo intersted in what you have to say, I wait every day for you next riviting post. :roll:

PS... Want a tissue.....

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:

oooooohhhhhhh :( But I am soooooo intersted in what you have to say, I wait every day for you next riviting post. :roll:

PS... Want a tissue.....

f**k the tissue send him a bowl of cement!

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:09 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Now now Brad, remember he is sensitive, be nice.... :twisted:

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Ummm, what is a 'manual diff' ?

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:26 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Ummm, what is a 'manual diff' ?

Cheers
BenJ

:lol: a diff you have to put in yourself.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Waggin wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
some even want brake upgrades...

Which is a rather interesting ask considering the ones that AIT did, did not have any brake upgrades.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

It's all about the standards of the day, so I would assume they were a bit more relaxed in 1987 :)

Fair point there Waggin.

Currently there is a list of specs on how quick the vehicle must pull up, and the engineer will do a brake force test with you, using the same machine the road worthy guys use, to determine if you need a brake upgrade or not.

An engineer should do one of those with you before saying yes or no to needing a brake upgrade.

It all boils down to needing to consult an engineer, a good idea to get speaking with one early into the project.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

When it comes to engineering, the ones that pick the s**t out of your car are the ones you want to see. You don't want a dodgy C*** who will sign his name to anything sight unseen cause chances are the cops are instructed to disregard all reports issued by them. There is already ine engineer I personally know of who has been threatenned with this action.

Just get guy that's hard to please, and if you please him then everyone is happy.

And as for complaining to the rta about false infirmation? Are you a two bob houso that whinges about everything? Welcome to real life mate where no one knows what's going on and you've got to fund it all out for yourself.

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
When it comes to engineering, the ones that pick the s**t out of your car are the ones you want to see. You don't want a dodgy C*** who will sign his name to anything sight unseen cause chances are the cops are instructed to disregard all reports issued by them. There is already ine engineer I personally know of who has been threatenned with this action.

Just get guy that's hard to please, and if you please him then everyone is happy.

And as for complaining to the rta about false infirmation? Are you a two bob houso that whinges about everything? Welcome to real life mate where no one knows what's going on and you've got to fund it all out for yourself.

100% correct about the picky engineer bit. The police can choose to ignore any engineers report if they so wish but if you use one who is hard to please you have much more luck of getting through the future unscaved. My bloke has said no to things I wanted to do that other guys would pass. But so far touch wood I have not had a single issue with any of my reports when pulled over , rego checks etc.
The RTA did a bulk clean up not long ago where some signatorys got their approval wiped and previously engineered cars got their reports pulled and had to be rechecked.
Its one thing that is not worth playing games with.
Best part about having a car engineered is when you get pulled over for a road side and the police , RTA , EPA ect see the good old G096 on the rego label they tend to just wave you on.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

ok the car is running a 3 inch exhaust it is very quiet .compaired to a normal ford its not that much different in noise, as for the ride hight,and other stuff it basicly as a standard car it does have the turbo blumbed back,its basicly a snort turbo with manifold and exhaust on a standard car no after market ecu or any thing .so your saying it will need a engeneers cirt for rego ..yes..and the nsw rta are basicly providing false information....now i asked a simple question so whats with all the sarcatsic remarks i didnt say any thing nasty to any one on this topic did i NO...so its ok for u to say stuff but when i have a go back u have a hissy fit ..... :shock:

I don't understand why you would spend the money on a turbo set up without considering the possible legal implications and cost beforehand? Stupidity.

The fun part for 'your mate' is now he will most likely get a list of things to fix when he does take it go get engineered and will end up spending twice what he bargained for.

On a cheery note I had to apply for an enforcement summons yesterday for a judgement debt a client is owed from a guy whose insurance wouldn't cover his v8 cortina in an accident with out client (dodgey conversion and not engineered). Will most likely end up with a seizure and sale of property being ordered as doesn't have the money. Something to keep in mind if you are considering not getting it engineered. :|

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:02 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

will u two grow up for f**k sake ,,yeah ha ha your funny wtf ,,any way yeah with the cert one engeneer we spoke to said he doesnt have a prob with this mod as long as 1. the car will pass a basic road worthy test ,such as exhaust isnt loud, brakes stop the car with in the limits ,and so on so what ever he says yes, or no then we will go from there...like i said its basicly all bolt on stuff...if more work is needed so be it, just makes the car better in the long run... also every thing that has been done to the car was reserched on this furum ,from how the set up would be done the best exhaust to use, best manifold, fuel pumps ,oil catch can set ups ,and what could be done to the car after the basic set up was achived ,and so on mate done the home work on this months ago just didnt have time to check up on the engeneering side of it wich was the 1st thing we should have done but after seeing what will pass and using pics and info give u a pretty good idea of what to expect,,,...

BANNED

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:15 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

one another thing if the car has cost just on 3 grand to build including all the parts needed turbo exhaust ect ,,the car is worth 2 grand market value ...a basic 6 cyl turbo falcon for 5 grand isnt to bad for a start ................seen other builds on here that have spend two times that and are still going, and some of them havnt had any engeneering done..

BANNED

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:32 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

sorry evl missed your comment u just said( that the police can ignore ur report if they so choose) ,,if this is true what about your rego ,can they ignore that to ,after all ,its also a cirt as well,, both have been approved from the rta same as your engeneering cirt ... :?:

BANNED

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 6  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next