Fordmods Logo

DOSE PIPE HELP! 

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: DOSE PIPE HELP!
Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

all ive done is ran flexible 3 inch tube under the head light and down into the front of the bar with large pod filter.... i didnt want the a*** tinny sound and i didnt want to lose any power from sucking in hot air... but it sounds similar to this :wink: :D :wink: 8-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEcJbpcYkvI&feature=related

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:03 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
I might get banned for a few days for saying this.

STOP BEING A f**k C**k AND WAKE UP TO YOUR SELF. THAT IS THE SINGLE MOST UNGOOD THING YOU COULD POSSIBLY DO.

Yay.

Leave the gay to the VL owners.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: Fairmont 95

NSW, Australia

geez guys, last time i checked, it was my decision??????

lmao go outside and play with your xr6 or whatever you drive coz thats where your opinion counts! lmao

not on my car.. not on my taste.. just wanted help!

= 4DZILR PERFORMANCE =

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:24 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

ACT, Australia

That strangled pidgeon noise 'people' seem to like these days, is a pressure wave stalling the compressor blades.

Now these things can spin at upwards of 100,000rpm, and stalling them (near instant stop) while the turbine side is still being spun in the right direction by exhaust gasses, surely can't be good for the life of the turbo.

Now many of these 'people' say no harm is done, but do you really think, forcing something to stop instantly from 100,000rpm causes no harm.

Now, yes it is your decision, but don't go in without all the info.

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yes it is returning boosted air coming back through the compressor wheel but no it is not a near instant stop YOU should learn your facts before smashing this guy with insults

his car his decision.. at no point in my build has anyones influences stopped me from doing mods my way and we cant have guys snickering behind our backs becuse your taste in cars is different to mine.. grow up and stop posting here if you dont gree with this topic...

im still running a full adjustble BOV and if i want louder or longer flutter i can adjust it with the BOV. which only really opens when im at bout 10psi otherwise i get a nice long dose

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

BOV Noise for the win. At least its short sharp and purposeful.

Dose FTL unless you like sitting in carparks with one foot on the brake and the other on and off the gas.

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

104ord wrote:

his car his decision.. at no point in my build has anyones influences stopped me from doing mods my way and we cant have guys snickering behind our backs becuse your taste in cars is different to mine.. grow up and stop posting here if you dont gree with this topic...

pretty sure i was doing it right to his face, not behind his back. and just as it's his choice to do it. it's my choice to think its the stupidest thing 'invented' in the last 24months.

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:18 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Dose FTL unless you like sitting in carparks with one foot on the brake and the other on and off the gas.

yeah exactly :lol:

i'm with 104ord.
my slappers spent half it's life with the dose pipe on and no BOV, 83k kms now and still good as new.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
104ord wrote:

pretty sure i was doing it right to his face, not behind his back. and just as it's his choice to do it. it's my choice to think its the stupidest thing 'invented' in the last 24months.

you live in different states... "to his face" would be putting on pants getting out from behind your monitor and heading interstate...
what ever.. that may very well be your opinion.,. but i think you should keep it to yourself :roll:

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:26 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

ACT, Australia

104ord wrote:
yes it is returning boosted air coming back through the compressor wheel but no it is not a near instant stop YOU should learn your facts before smashing this guy with insults

I am well aware of the facts of turbo operation thank you.

The flutter noise is cause by the pressure wave, going backwards through to turbo and out in the intake pipe. It can only do this if the compressor is not spinning (or going backwards) otherwise incoming air would prevent it.

Quote:
Axi-symmetric stall, more commonly known as compressor surge; or pressure surge, is a complete breakdown in compression resulting in a reversal of flow and the violent expulsion of previously compressed air out through the engine intake, due to the compressor's inability to continue working against the already-compressed air behind it. The compressor either experiences conditions which exceed the limit of its pressure rise capabilities or is highly loaded such that it does not have the capacity to absorb a momentary disturbance, creating a rotational stall which can propagate in less than a second to include the entire compressor.

Ok, so "instant" may be technically incorrect, but it illustrates the point well.

Now, as many have shown, it may not cause damage, but it's also been prove to cause damage. The only way way to be sure it won't is to ensure the pressure back wave doesn't exceed the surge limit of the compressor. So do you know the surge limit of the compressor? (possible, if you read the specs) But do you know what pressure the back waves generate? No.

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:38 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

i don't know how you can call "dose" compressor surge when the compressor isn't trying to move anymore air.
I mean as soon as you come off the throttle, the turbo starts winding down.
it's completely different from the compressor operating beyond it's surge line UNDER LOAD.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
xcabbi wrote:

yeah exactly :lol:

i'm with 104ord.
my slappers spent half it's life with the dose pipe on and no BOV, 83k kms now and still good as new.

Come back when you hit 300,000kms and tell me how many pieces your shaft is in. I've got pics of high km turbo's being dosed.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:56 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: Fairmont 95

NSW, Australia

are you serious?

300,000?? you really think a turbo will last that long with no play or f**k up? lmao ha!

its very simple.. im a wog! and i love the dose sound... .

the best thing about a forum is to give your opinion.. not to make another feel like a idiots lol

go f**k yourselves! lol im doing it coz i wanna be a sick wog with a dose pipe! got a problem?

come down to sydney and lets have a long chat? im sure you would s**t yourself when you see me! lmao haha

= 4DZILR PERFORMANCE =

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

4DZILR wrote:
are you serious?

300,000?? you really think a turbo will last that long with no play or f**k up? lmao ha!

its very simple.. im a wog! and i love the dose sound... .

the best thing about a forum is to give your opinion.. not to make another feel like a idiots lol

go f**k yourselves! lol im doing it coz i wanna be a sick wog with a dose pipe! got a problem?

come down to sydney and lets have a long chat? im sure you would s**t yourself when you see me! lmao haha

dude stop acting 17, and start acting 25 IF that really is your age. there really is no need to make threats of violence to memebers of the forum.

there is a difference between hanging s**t on someone and threatening violence.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BF XR6 TURBO

VIC, Australia

im wog do i like "dose" sound.... no i dont kinda sound try hard if you ask me but whatever your car....

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next