dose xr6 turbo 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

balizticbobo wrote:
Apparently a blow off valve also helps to reduce hydrocarbon emissions on gearchanges...

That is a load of s**t brought on by some politician who hates import drivers. Because doses and BOV sounds are a bit on the loud side in some cases the only thing you can get screwed for is noise pollution. Once the throttle is shut nothing on the opposite side of the throttle will make a difference to what goes on in the combustion chamber unless you are running a venting BOV on an airflow meter car. Then the computer sees more air then what is really going into the engine and dumps all the fuel it can to compensate. That's when you get meter long flames out the back of some turbo cars on gear shifts.

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
balizticbobo wrote:
Apparently a blow off valve also helps to reduce hydrocarbon emissions on gearchanges...

That is a load of s**t brought on by some politician who hates import drivers. Because doses and BOV sounds are a bit on the loud side in some cases the only thing you can get screwed for is noise pollution. Once the throttle is shut nothing on the opposite side of the throttle will make a difference to what goes on in the combustion chamber unless you are running a venting BOV on an airflow meter car. Then the computer sees more air then what is really going into the engine and dumps all the fuel it can to compensate. That's when you get meter long flames out the back of some turbo cars on gear shifts.

the flames occur when they have no cat or a punched out cat

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB Fairmont

SA, Australia

I hate dosing. It sounds gay compared to a BOV.

Doin it for Scotty.

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Best sound is one that begins with 2 quick dose pulses and then is a sharp loud psht from a BOV.

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR8(EF) & XR8BOSS290 Ute(FG)

NSW, Australia

Dosing, open BOV's, its all a really big wank.

Those things are blokes who are show ponies and have a performance anxiety and are hoping to scare people from racing them by letting the world know they have a turbocharger. I just love hunting them turkeys down and leaving them to pick my XR8's rubber off their windscreen.

Dont get me wrong, i've got nothing against turbo's, I got my mrs an XR6T. I certainly aint gunna remove or disconnect the BOV for a fancy dose noise (and get a lovely dose of turbo lag on every gear change), its got a purpose, nor am I going remove the plumb back to make a sound like a trucks parkbrake. Only the performance matters. Get a good flash tune if you want more poke, and donk be a wanker like them RB30 boys.

Better off with not enough traction than not enough power.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2