Fordmods Logo

Eaton supercharger on a EL XR6 

 

Page 1 of 6 [ 81 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
 Post subject: Eaton supercharger on a EL XR6
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:13 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 296

Joined: 18th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Has anyone installed an Eaton supercharger, a M90 or an M112 on their EL6, if so what sort of power have you got from it, what sort of complications have you come across in installing it, where on the engine (which side) have you installed it, Im interested as Im having 1 of each coming to me, and would like to know as much as possible on them... :)

 

_________________

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

There are kits available for mounting them (Yella terra iirc)

You need to mount it on its side and use a custom manifold. You need to make a custom snout to reach the belt. Lots of work and there are better superchargers that are easier to fit.

the m112 might be worth the effort

here are some pics ive collected...

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:57 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 296

Joined: 18th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Greatly appreciated on the pics StockStandard, I want to try setting it up with an intercooler also, using the standard intake, cause the Eatons are good for heating up the air a lil too much, which means it will be setup without the manifold that one is set up on...

 

_________________

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

better off getting a capa kit. i don't see where you'd fit an eaton without going onto the manifold like that (maybe over the exhaust headers but that's gunna be hot).
also got to consider with that your getting rid of the BBM so the standard ECU's not going to be happy.
Get a capa kit and you keep the BBM easy enough to plumb to an intercooler to. and the fueling and ecu side of things are taken care off.
yes more expensive probably and don't get all the diy please (justb the fitment part), but probably a safer route if you've got limits.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

I would forget about intercooling. The piping will be a nightmare and the temperatures wont be that high anyway. If you are really worried go water/methanol injection.

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:08 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 296

Joined: 18th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
better off getting a capa kit. i don't see where you'd fit an eaton without going onto the manifold like that (maybe over the exhaust headers but that's gunna be hot).
also got to consider with that your getting rid of the BBM so the standard ECU's not going to be happy.
Get a capa kit and you keep the BBM easy enough to plumb to an intercooler to. and the fueling and ecu side of things are taken care off.
yes more expensive probably and don't get all the diy please (justb the fitment part), but probably a safer route if you've got limits.



Well I am going to use a Capa computer, and the best place with some sort of room would be over the exhaust but some sort of shield would have to be made so it didnt get too hot, Ive been in contact with Capa, they only sell the supercharger and some parts, thats all, mounting kits are far and few between for these, and some have actually said that I (thru an engineering shop) might be better off making my own mounting bracket
The only one available I sourced out was fitting it where the air/con condensor is, and that makes the job even more difficult, I may have to sit it above the headers, with maybe a bulge in the bonnet, and as far as the plumbing is concerned, I dont see it any more of a problem than setting up a turbo, I was reading Yella Terras writeup (plus others on the net) on the Eaton which warrants an intercooler, if I am going to get out the most from it.

 

_________________

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 654

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU XR6

Location: Mulgrave
VIC, Australia

Denim wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
better off getting a capa kit. i don't see where you'd fit an eaton without going onto the manifold like that (maybe over the exhaust headers but that's gunna be hot).
also got to consider with that your getting rid of the BBM so the standard ECU's not going to be happy.
Get a capa kit and you keep the BBM easy enough to plumb to an intercooler to. and the fueling and ecu side of things are taken care off.
yes more expensive probably and don't get all the diy please (justb the fitment part), but probably a safer route if you've got limits.



Well I am going to use a Capa computer, and the best place with some sort of room would be over the exhaust but some sort of shield would have to be made so it didnt get too hot, Ive been in contact with Capa, they only sell the supercharger and some parts, thats all, mounting kits are far and few between for these, and some have actually said that I (thru an engineering shop) might be better off making my own mounting bracket
The only one available I sourced out was fitting it where the air/con condensor is, and that makes the job even more difficult, I may have to sit it above the headers, with maybe a bulge in the bonnet, and as far as the plumbing is concerned, I dont see it any more of a problem than setting up a turbo, I was reading Yella Terras writeup (plus others on the net) on the Eaton which warrants an intercooler, if I am going to get out the most from it.


if you made it mount normal you should have room for a water to air cooler below then directly into the manifold. what kind of l does the m112 flow and is it a twin screw or a roots blower?

 

_________________

1992 EBII 5L Fairmont Ghia Wagon
1999 XR6 6 Speed manual
Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

Capa only chip the factory ECU's. So it's just a modification of the factory ECU. I doubt it's got enough adjustment to cop nicely with such a vastly different intake system and make the necesary timing changes.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:18 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 296

Joined: 18th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Well I FINALLY got my superchargers the other night, M90's and a M112, LOVE to fit the M112 on my car but finances tell me otherwise and so Im going to install the M90, now comes the hard part of sourcing out certain parts, as I want to set them up as kits mainly to suit EA thru to the EL 6cyl range, and give the buyer the option of an inlet manifold setup or a bracket to set it up elsewhere with an intercooler, I want to keep the price of the kit as low as possible making it within easy reach of most.
The kit will come with factory warranty on parts, and the range of superchargers will be, M62, M90 and the M112, once I source out the parts I require I will have a definite price on the kits, I'm only just starting this little venture, and will see how it goes from there, if theres any interest in these kits or the superchargers alone, just send me a private msg please.

 

_________________

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:21 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 296

Joined: 18th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

I SHOULD stress out also, they are NOT used superchargers, nor new ones, they are FULLY reconditioned with warranty, which is yet to be worked out.

 

_________________

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:48 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 744

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Good luck sourcing parts, you may have to manufacture the manifold yourself, then incorporating an intercooler should be fun.
You have a bit of R&D ahead of you.

 

_________________

I post here cos the russian tank driver doesn't

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

M62??? The M90 is barely worth fitting to a stock 4.0, the M62 is going to be a waste of $$$.

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 1618

Joined: 12th May 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA 3V Tunna

Location: S.E. Melbourne
VIC, Australia

opto wrote:
Good luck sourcing parts, you may have to manufacture the manifold yourself, then incorporating an intercooler should be fun.
You have a bit of R&D ahead of you.


true but i hope it all goes good for you denim... good to see someone stepping out and trying something different
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:44 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 296

Joined: 18th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
M62??? The M90 is barely worth fitting to a stock 4.0, the M62 is going to be a waste of $$$.


The M62 is aimed at 3lt mtrs, its why Im looking at those also, I am NOT putting together high performance kits, THEY COST MONEY, which is something most of us are short on, rather, its meant to fill a gap, the M90 is ideal for the 4.L mtr the kw's output is not all that high, but the torque it produces makes it viable, read up on the Eatons, I have been talking to various people in the know, about these superchargers, (not 20 yr old mechanics) NO offence meant to any, but people the likes of Harrops, Yella Terra, Herrods, who deal with but ALSO have experimented with these superchargers, so Im not going from the top of MY head about these kits, I have gone deeply into them before I placed my order, now its only a matter of how much its going to cost in putting it all together, at the moment, Im in the process of setting one up in my car, it'll be interesting to see just what the outcome is.. :D

 

_________________

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:55 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 296

Joined: 18th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Shum's EL wrote:
opto wrote:
Good luck sourcing parts, you may have to manufacture the manifold yourself, then incorporating an intercooler should be fun.
You have a bit of R&D ahead of you.


true but i hope it all goes good for you denim... good to see someone stepping out and trying something different


Well one of the reasons I do it is because I paid a great deal of money to get modifications done to my car, and, there are many like me who would LOVE to have that extra 40 to 60 extra kw's, but more importantly, that extra torque, power, performance, whatever you want to call it, and to me, this is a good and fairly economical way of doing it, so long as the setup is right, its why Im trying to source out ALL the parts required to do the job properly, and try and pass the savings on to you and others. :)

 

_________________

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 6  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:52 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names