Fordmods Logo

ED Manifold on AU turbo 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:15 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Your running aftermarket computer then?
I thought about putting ED manifold on my AU, problem is with a chiped factory ECU it would have the wrong timing as it would be set up for the BBM when it changes.

Nah, i took my chip off and Running it like that.... its better without the chip and i have noticed about 30% differenceafter doing it, the only problem is that my throttle only opens up 85 % not the full 100%but it gose great and u loose ur aircon compressor , the throttle is in the way.

4LTR-JET: 9.1 @150mph!!

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: ED fairmont turbo

QLD, Australia

how did you get the throttle body on the ed manifold to fit with the au a/c compressor? cause i tried and there was no room

ED Fairmont: Master Power GT45, race spec T5, Wolf v4, 870cc Injectors, EF bottom end, EF Head, Surcam custom Grind Cam, Crane LX92 Coil

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:51 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Not sure if it will be the same in the case of an au motor but heres what I did to fit an ea/ed manifold to my ef motor thats in my xf.

I gather you are using the serpentine belt setup?.

I used a eb aircon bracket and mounted the compressor lower (there are already holes there to do it on my motor). Then the belt hit the top of the tensioner so I needed to space the compressor out further.

So I used the spacers that were originally on the compessor and one washer on each bolt to space it out enough to clear. I think it was the top bolt of the compressor that was then too short so just got a longer bolt. I also used an xr8 belt which was around 25mm longer than the ef one.

It dosent clear by much but it does.

On top of all of this you will need to change all of your pipes and hoses under the inlet manifold and the one that goes around to the water pump. Dipstick and fuel rail and I think thats about it.

I do know that you can possibly get an xh tensioner which changes that angle of the belt but they are not real cheap so I went this road and is working just fine.

Hope this helps a little.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:29 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

ed_fairmont_turbo wrote:
how did you get the throttle body on the ed manifold to fit with the au a/c compressor? cause i tried and there was no room

LOL, I lost my aircon so that i could get that manifold on, i also got a bracket with a pully to replace the aircon, so now it fits and belt setup is the same but with a bracket.....lucky its winter now imagine in summer......

4LTR-JET: 9.1 @150mph!!

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:40 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

cant you put an earlier ac compressor on so you can fit the ed manifold and a/c??

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:24 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

ef_frmnt wrote:
cant you put an earlier ac compressor on so you can fit the ed manifold and a/c??

You could but then you would have to change all of the acessories on the front of the motor to ea/ed gear which is another way around the problem but the serpetine belt set up is better.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2