Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: EF/EL Intercooler Sizes
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:49 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: XR6 XH Ute

VIC, Australia

boostedmustang161200 wrote:
surly this cant be legal wheres the rest of the bumper,what if u have a crash buddy ..personaly id hide my intercooler as much as posible so as car thiefs dont know what in the car :idea: ....nice pictures though

Probably isn't legal but then again neither is turbocharging an e-series without a mod plate, engineers certificate whatever. I

If I'm in a crash I will cop it on the chin like 99% of diy turbo owners have too.
If I hit a pedestrian I dare say I would be bent over whether the bumper is cut or not.

As for theft, you run the risk with any car and I have precautions in place to prevent it or at least slow them down.

xr6_corbin wrote:
The more it's hidden the less airflow will pass through the cooler, defeating the purpose of it. As for car thiefs.... That's what kill switches/immobilisers are for haha

Exactly. No use spending money on a big cooler when 100mm is exposed to airflow.

xcabbi wrote:
Wouldn't butchering the reo like that render your airbag useless?

I don't think the reo affects the way the airbag works on e-series? From my understanding there is a small shock sensor mounted near the bonnet catch but it's standalone.
Mine didn't come with an airbag anyway.

TROYMAN wrote:
i recon the intercooler would act like a reo and absorb some on the impact pressure in an accident anyway...

I think so too the core would absorb a hell of alot more than the rigid composite reo.

Cheers
Ben

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2