Fordmods Logo

EF Turbo Conversion 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:08 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

the bracket is on.. ive got the V8 belt sitting there.. but the air con lines didnt fit so i had to pull them off and ill have to heat them up to bend them or possibly use ED ones.. either way im just gonna bolt the compressor on as an idler pulley and try get the car running again. its been to long and i need to get rid of a few tyres.

also looks like ill be using BA XR6T engine mounts as they are a bit taller and will sit the engine up so the compressor isnt so close to the Kframe. also have check straps on the pass. side to stop over torquing. i will also have to put a few spacers inbetween the drivers side engine mount and the block cos of f**k all clearance between turbo and strut tower.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:37 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

ef_frmnt wrote:
the bracket is on.. ive got the V8 belt sitting there.. but the air con lines didnt fit so i had to pull them off and ill have to heat them up to bend them or possibly use ED ones.. either way im just gonna bolt the compressor on as an idler pulley and try get the car running again. its been to long and i need to get rid of a few tyres.

also looks like ill be using BA XR6T engine mounts as they are a bit taller and will sit the engine up so the compressor isnt so close to the Kframe. also have check straps on the pass. side to stop over torquing. i will also have to put a few spacers inbetween the drivers side engine mount and the block cos of f**k all clearance between turbo and strut tower.

I had a feeling that the air con lines would be an issue if you cant bend them you may have to get some made up but at least you will still have air conditioning.

Is the air con compressor hitting the k frame with the ef mounts?. Or is it just an issue that when the motor torques it will hit?.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2