Joined: 16th Apr 2012
Ride: Falcon XG
Currently building up an ef for a turbo set up. The motor and gear box i am using is out of an xg.
Alot of time and work was put into this motor so why not use it.
Reason why i am going for an ef is better handling and few other bits.
Keeping the running gear in the xg would mean full respray new dash new this new that..
Found a decent EF for 800 bucks, all that was needed for RWC was front seat replaced (owner supplied a new seat) Tires and battery. Trying to find someone where I live who could weld the 9 inch up for coils.. or what power can a standard ef diff handle ?
Work done to the XG running gear few bits left out. just a general idea
- SPOOL CONRODS
- CP PISTONS
- ARP STUDS
- ACL RACE SERIES BEARINGS
- PERFORMANCE VAVLE SPRINGS
- OVER SIZED EXHAUST VAVLES
- SPOOL CRANKSHAFT LIGHTENED
- Head has been flow-benched and ports matched
- 38MM TURBOSMART PRO-GATE WASTEGATE 14 PSI SPRING.
- 40MM TURBOSMART VEE PORT BLOW OFF VAVLE
- TURBOSMART BOOST TAP.
- 660cc SIEMENS
- LIGHTENED FLY-WHEEL.
- BUILT T5 TO HANDLE POWER
- CAM HAS BEEN LIGHTENED
- 2 X BOSCH 044
- SARD RISING RATE FUEL REGULATOR
- 3 LITRE FUEL SURGE TANK.
- 9 ROW PWR ENGINE OIL COOLER (30MM BRAIDED LINES CNC ADP PLATE FOR OIL FILTER)
- TWIN 12 INCH THERMO FANS
- MICRO-TECH LT-8 ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM AND HAND CONTROLLER.
- ACCELL 2 STAGE HIGH VOLTAGE COIL
- 80MM CNC ALLOY THROTTLE BODY.
- CUSTOM HIFLOW 4.5LITRE PLENIUM CHAMBER
- NEW EXEDY CUSHION CENTERD BRASS BUTTON CLUTCH
- POWERDRAGON 900MM X 600MM X 100MM POLISHED ALLOY INTER-COOLER
- T04 TURBO WITH .70 COMP
- 9 INCH, POSI-LOK, LSD, 3:52 GEARS, DISC BRAKES
- Custom tail-shaft
Joined: 6th Dec 2011
Location: Burdekin District
Sounds like a lot of dollars good luck on the build.
I have a couple of questions.
1. You mention a Spool crankshaft that is lightened I wasn't aware that Spool made cranks for e-series, where did you get it from and what kind off dollars?
2. You also mentioned you have the cam shaft lightened, what is the idea behind that and how was it lightened?
Turned L.G.AUTOMOTIVE Townsville
|Who is online|
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests