Fordmods Logo

Electric SuperChargers Hmmmm :roll: 

Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

There you go. I wasn't dreaming after all...

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Fairlaine XR, ford thunderbird

QLD, Australia

i wrote to them asking for specs and that ill see if they reply back thanks fordfreak ef for clearing that up i always thought belt driven was better

Fairlaine XR, it’s the James Bond of Fords

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:46 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

this is the reply i got from that site...

(Yes, we do have the specific model of supercharger package you need for your ford falcon

The supercharger works by compressing air that is going into your air intake. It does this via a compressor. The compressor is ran by a 12 V motor.

We personally guarantee 30% gains in horsepower and torque. Your actual gains will depend on your existing engine conditions.

The price of one supercharger and complete package including shipping comes out to US$124.95 for customers outside of the USA, USA customers will pay US$109.95.

Extraneous testing sources indicate the following results :

Air Flow: 1100CFM
Pressure: 8 PSI
Motor Speed: 25000 RPM
Current: 50 AMPS
Power Consumption: 600 Watts

The installation instructions that are included with your order will explain how to do a professional install in a matter of a couple hours. The supercharger will hook in parallel with your intake, and the performance chip will hook up in parallel with your ECU.

Superchargers can be turned off or on during driving via a switch included with your order. The supercharger can be left on at all times, or turned on only when you need power. The superchargers we sell are designed not block airflow when turned off. Power gains will occur throughout the powerband.

With your order you will be receiving a supercharger, performance chip, boost controller, toggle switch, and installation instructions.

No harm will ever been done to your engine by installing our products. It's completely safe to use.

No modifications will need to be done to your vehicle to accommodate for the installation of our product.)

im still not convinced.. i asked for detailed pics of there product and i got nothing!! :lol:

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
this is the reply i got from that site...

(Yes, we do have the specific model of supercharger package you need for your ford falcon

The supercharger works by compressing air that is going into your air intake. It does this via a compressor. The compressor is ran by a 12 V motor.

We personally guarantee 30% gains in horsepower and torque. Your actual gains will depend on your existing engine conditions.

The price of one supercharger and complete package including shipping comes out to US$124.95 for customers outside of the USA, USA customers will pay US$109.95.

Extraneous testing sources indicate the following results :

Air Flow: 1100CFM
Pressure: 8 PSI
Motor Speed: 25000 RPM
Current: 50 AMPS
Power Consumption: 600 Watts

The installation instructions that are included with your order will explain how to do a professional install in a matter of a couple hours. The supercharger will hook in parallel with your intake, and the performance chip will hook up in parallel with your ECU.

Superchargers can be turned off or on during driving via a switch included with your order. The supercharger can be left on at all times, or turned on only when you need power. The superchargers we sell are designed not block airflow when turned off. Power gains will occur throughout the powerband.

With your order you will be receiving a supercharger, performance chip, boost controller, toggle switch, and installation instructions.

No harm will ever been done to your engine by installing our products. It's completely safe to use.

No modifications will need to be done to your vehicle to accommodate for the installation of our product.)

im still not convinced.. i asked for detailed pics of there product and i got nothing!! :lol:

Exact same reply i got prior to starting this thread... i getting a feeling this is a scam even more so, the truth is they sound like a vacume cleaner in the youtube movies (it is prolly a modified vacum motor)

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:15 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

if you search you tube for electric superchargers. there is a guy that fitted one with a boost guage and it did not get any boost at all..

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:39 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

ge2589 wrote:
reason its so cheap is cause it only booast up to 8 psi which is nuthin u can buy toyota supers for bout 300 bucks ive already bought one for my NL im just retro fitting it to suit the engine

Try and boost 8psi and see how hard it is. Using a belt drive Supecharger takes about 10-20HP to run depending on the Engine Size and Blower type. If it requires even only 10Hp (7.5KW) to run a supercharger to 6-8psi imagine the size of the electric motor required to reach this boost level. I am sure some people on here have seen a 240 or 415 volt 7.5KW electric motor, they are not small. They are the size of your Toyota Supercharger. So the whole thing is a scam. If you could get that boost with an electric supercharger for a cost of $150.00 every car Manufacturer in the world would be using them. As for you Toyota Supercharger, what size is it. Most of them suit less than 3.5lt and yes you can get them for $300.00 second hand but make sure you get it Reco'ed before using it, then add to the cost injectors, fuel pump, regulator and you will be getting there. Also you will find that the Toyota Superchargers won't punch much past 8-10psi on your application.

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Fairlaine XR, ford thunderbird

QLD, Australia

yeh guys i got the same reply from jeff sounds a bit doggy belt driven would be better anyway cause u could change the pulley

Fairlaine XR, it’s the James Bond of Fords

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

most of the ones there flogging off on EBAY as electric supercharges are just marine bilge blowers.

http://www.boatingandleisureworld.com.a ... ctid=17971

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik-POf-S08A

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

No such things as free and easy horsepower.

They had a bit of a scam a few years ago with negative pressure supercharging, basically it used something from the exhaust side of things, IE its crap and theory.
http://www.impulsengine.com/kits/index.shtml

A bit how its supposed to work, love the part about the hot air induction LOL.

http://www.impulsengine.com/how/index.shtml

I cam across this when looking for a decent 360 chrysler motor, for that sort of money and power figures it wouldnt need to be "supercharged".
http://www.impulsengine.com/kits/fullkit-stage7.shtml

Honestly, I'd like to see a honda motor with this s**t on it as well as a Brock Polariser and electric computer fan, or even one of those crappy plastic turbo casting with nuts and electrical fittings in it with a pulley on the front that were called centri blowers along with a resistor chip. Honestly if you have to ask does it work, it probably doesnt, especially if its cheap and any product where its all theory with the way the air flows in with the circular motion to get better ionisation while the planets are all aligned to gain an extra 30 hp...... There must be some stupid people out there......

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

electric superchargers work heaps good, ive tested them all and they deliver POWA

http://www.TURBO351.com

2V 351T, 732rwhp@15psi on LPG.

Post subject: .
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:46 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 98 EL futura

NSW, Australia

Quote:
electric superchargers work heaps good, ive tested them all and they deliver POWA

Are you serious?

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:53 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

The math is simple. the 'blower' does 1100CFM (probably only with nil restriction, I'll ignore that bit as it doesn't matter this next bit will result in epic fail anyway*).

A 4L I6 @ 5000RPM consumes just short of 30,000cfm

So 1,100cfm has 0 chance of creating boost.

*The only way it'd ever make boost, would be at closed throttle, even then I doubt it could build any sort of pressure.

Vote, the electric charger threads, are banned, and people starting them get banned too.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: vs cluby,elxr6t

VIC, Australia

lol maybe you just need to strap 30-40 of them together?
then you might as well buy a real turbo/supercharger which are actually tried and proven to increase power.

wish i had bigger wheels.

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:57 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Even at idle (750rpm) the 4.0 takes more than 4000cfm.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Post subject: Re: .
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

98el16 wrote:
Quote:

Are you serious?

yeah they work great, reducing the vacuum in the inlet, POWA for free to be had

we tested them with NOS also, the POWA blew the welds on the intake

http://www.TURBO351.com

2V 351T, 732rwhp@15psi on LPG.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next