Fordmods Logo

Falcon I6 4lt Turbo PLENUM ( intake manifold ) 

Page 5 of 11 [ 164 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

ebs_4l wrote:
you will also find a custom plenum setup on mrdperformance.biz under john's turbo ed project... thats where i got my inspiration

i did mention the mrd one back in the first page

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yes u did

ok got my father whos a chippy carving out a plenum out of timber

will make a few moulds and alloy cast some up

also give it a go as well for the BA engine and the EF EL AU also

I don't know where nizpro gets his prices from we talking over $1500 for a piece of alloy LOL kidding NOT

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ebs_4l wrote:
FPV_GTp wrote:
there are oxygen senosrs that will cope under these conditions but very expensive

hmmm, could you give details of these, as far as i know, there is no bosch/ntk sensor capable of this... maybe would be ok in a normal set of extractors, but not a turbo manifold, even the best bosch o2 sensor has to be positioned no closer than roughly 6" from the turbine housing due to the fact that the heat will kill it...

as for cylinder filling, if there is some probes handy ill give em a go, if not, so be it... i dont think at my power level its really gonna concern me.. its not like im ever gona chop my manifold up to resurect any probs anyway. my 2c

ok just found the spec sheet for the oxygen sensors

Bosch make two for wideband application as far as i know there are other sensors manufactures that make different specs also

oxygen sensor type code LSM-11 - permissible maximum exhaust gas temperature at sensor element with heating switched on is +800 DegreesC

oxygen sensor type code LSU-4 - permissible maximum exhaust gas temperature at sensor element with heating switched on is +850 DegreesC is exceeded , the heater power must be switched off . In case the accuracy of the sensor signal is limited < + 980 DegreesC ( max 250 hr in 10 minute intervals )

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

LOL

they are not anything special, other than normal wideband o2 sensors, i have the lsu4.2 sensor running with my innovate lm-1 meter. the top pf the line sensor, afaik is the ntk UEGO sensor, thats the sensor that all others are compared too. the lsu sensor is ranked #2

did you manage to find the data regarding pressure sensitivity of those sensors you listed???

i know for fact that mounting a lsu4.2 sensor closer than 6inches to your turbine oulet will cause overheating errors from the sensor, thats after roughly 150-200deg C has been removed from the exhaust gas temp. and the 20-30 psi backpressure pre-turbine will cause innacurate readings.

oh, and its not usually the tip of the oxygen sensor that causes overheating errors, the body is just as sensitive. theres no way in hell you could mount these sensors in a turbo manifold.... otherwise people would be doing it

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

lol

do u know how hot a exhaust manifold is ??

the LSU-4 will work at 950 degrees C for 10 minute intervals

i seen no problem mounting the sensor as close as 6 to 10 inches from the exhuast outlet

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:15 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

For those of you who have made their own plenum, what thickness ally did you use for the base/throttle body plate and main part of the plenum. I am in the process of doing a modified EF manifold.

I was going to use 6mm but wonder whether 4mm thick 5083 ally would do

Turbo 6s rule

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

6mm would be waaaaaaay overkill, i used 3mm im fairly sure, also, the throttle body came with the matching plate, which is about 20mm thick

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU XR6

NSW, Australia

The nizpro plenum is $1552..
and generally when putting it on you need to run 3-4psi less boost to get the same power you did without the plenum..

Id be curious to see the gains with ebs_4L.. thats a fantastic looking plenum.. im very curious to hear the final figures of your set up mate..
would be good to have a standard and your custom plenum back to back comparison..

I desperately want to be a road statistic

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

yea, it will be interesting, my car is now running, but not yet hit the rollers... still trying to get a good enough wastegate setup to allow boost down to 7psi.

although, back to back comparo would be nice, its not going to happen, not on my car anyway... a hell of a lot of stuff needs to be changed to allow you to test either.

i aim to have dyno numbers in the next 2 weeks.

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Know a guy who is making these

For ea-el & au-bf[/img]

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

Gryph, do you have anymore details, and pricing?

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

$700-800 each not sure will find out tho. maybe a little cheaper if ppl want a few.

Around 8 litres finding out exactly tomorrow. 8mm base and t/b, 5mm sides and top

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:17 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

How is that plenum bolted on. Do you have to drill out the threads on the bottom half and bolt from the underside.

Looks like a good manifold, any pics from the underside

Turbo 6s rule

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

I've been wondering the exact same thing turbotrana,

Pics from the bottom would be great...

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

k will get some post em up later

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 11  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next