Fordmods Logo

Forced Induction idea.. please post critisism ;) 

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Forced Induction idea.. please post critisism ;)
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA XR8 Ute

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
I agree withflouting laws where you can, :roll: and also agree that 18 year olds just ain't up to the job of guaranteeing everyones safety if you give them anything around 200RWKW or above in a rear wheel drive car...

Whatever happened to the law that EVERYONE MUST RIDE MOTORBIKES FOR THREE YEARS BEFORE BEING ALLOWED A CAR?

That was a good law... Teaches you all sorts of things about how to hoon, how much it hurts, and how to avoid hooning crashes and the like. As a member of the 35 club (that's not age, that's actually a count of how many times me and a bike have come apart during full throttle road riding...) I can guarantee you that controlling front wheel slides, getting away with being high sided, tank slaps... Hitting roadworks at about 100 miles an hour because you were going toO fast in the rain and snow to see the sign... If you can get away with that for years and years without killing yourself or so much as hurting anyone else, then you should be allowed an XR6T. Let's face it, XR6T's are pretty lethal weapons. Why bother buying a huge machine gun if all you "really" want to do is drive within the laws to the corner shop and back? The corner shop owner will give you all the money if you wave a little shot gun around.... No need for the machine gun.

Comon.

I like your thinking on the loophole, it's one I would have used faced with similar situation... But, seriously - Back in our days you did not buy cars like that. You bought something and did it up until it was close.

And even then, my best mate who put a 454 or something larger into an XF ute (yes, anyone knowing how big this motor is and the engine bay size would start thinking $$$$$$$$)

Before this he had a "Phase2" and one gawd almighty coupe thing that I still have a sore a*** from where the solid race seats felt like they hit every manhole cover after 15 years....

He could drive pretty good for the average "almost twenty year old".... Entered burnout comps, did okay... Was always driving... Cars were his first true love... He put his foot down a little too hard going into a motorway tunnel and blocked the tunnel for two hours whilst everyone had to reverse out one end and he was cut from the wreckage.

He's still with us, but ended up a bit screwed up... Did years on drugs, fast cars, jail, Harleys, drugs and more jail and more fast cars... Now drives a Ford Lazer Stationwagon and gets around doing handyman type work similar to myself. He sees me with my little N/A Ford wagon and shakes his head...

Moral of the story?

Hell, stuffed if I care. Wish you the best of luck. Very first time you get done speeding in your turbo, I'll be laughing. Mate - The normally aspirated "slow" 4 litres are bloody fast enough.

Before you suggest people are missing the point...

I think we are still trying to work out the point...

"WHY DO YOU WANT A TURBO IN THE FIRST PLACE?"

I've decided that I'll just buy a N/A BA now.. I think that alot of people on here have the assumption if you have a powerful car, you must use it all on the public roads? Ffs guys, there are other pieces of bitumen in the world..

And whatever fiend says is correct anyways, so I'll just agree with him ;)

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

matty340 wrote:
And whatever fiend says is correct anyways, so I'll just agree with him ;)

If only everyone had your attitude. You're going to go places young man...

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

What can I say, you know what your talking about.. 110% of the time. Can be frustrating haha. I enjoy your threads anyway.

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:17 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

fiend likes to think he knows what he's on about :)

If it has wheels or a skirt, You can't afford it.

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:19 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

;)

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:13 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Seriously, you dont need a turbo.

Theres no way you can justify having a turbo to me or other members if you are on your P Plates mate.

You ask for commonsense in your original post, i think you should take your own advice.

lol.

I wasn't chasing fordmods justifiction for my choice in vehicle ;)

Ahh.. I cbf anymore. Thread dead.

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:19 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

i know you asked for peoples opinion but you came on here with your mind pretty much already made up, do what you want!! :)

If it has wheels or a skirt, You can't afford it.

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

wild_cleveland wrote:
i know you asked for peoples opinion but you came on here with your mind pretty much already made up, do what you want!! :)

Thats what I intent to do lol. I made my mind up on the N/A xr6 ute. No doubt this thread will continue to be raped with posts about how stupid I obviously am for thinking I'd get away with this idea. Anyways, it was only an idea. lol.

Gotta admit though, that loophole is begging to be exploited. I know my ex bosses son in his brand new SS ute was legal because of something fairly similar, just not as cool as my idea 8-)

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:03 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

someone on here with more financial knowledge will hopefully clarify, but from what I understand, if you lodge consecutive tax returns for your business that don't show any profit or loss, as in no transactions at all, they deregister it after a period of time.
it's not as simple as registering a business and then not doing anything with it.
and you don't just carry a letter, you have to jump through hoops to get an exemption, and show why you need to be able to drive a high powered vehicle for work.

in closing, you are never as smart as you think you are, none of your ideas are original, and smarter people then you have failed at rorting the system.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

But the system has been rorted. The RTA has been slammed by the Sydney newspapers for giving out exemptions too easilly in NSW since this law was introduced. But, in NSW the plans weren't as elaborate as yours. Spoilt kids simply conned their parents into selling off the camry grocery getter and replacing it with a SS/XR6T/FPV/HSV as a runaround and bobs your uncle. Little Johnny is parking ford or holden's finest in the school car park whilst his old man got done DUI the night before and has to catch the bus to the local council workers depot for the next 12 months.
After all, $41k for an omega on LPG or $44k for an SS manual. you'd be surprised how little persuasion it takes.

Anyway, the more elaborate plan, the more they can bend you over for. You are still young and can't hide the intent in your eyes when you are being cross examined by a lawyer who knows his s**t.

Oh and jared I don't think they wind it up as such but they would get sus and perform an audit if your only business expense is for a flash car and you have made zero income in the time you have owned it.

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:20 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

yeah it might be different because of the vehicle as a company asset, but from memory what i'm referring is designed basically to stop people 'camping' on business names they aren't using.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

There is an audit system in place, the same way there is a system to prevent people from camping urls and then mass selling them, for massive profits.

I understand it wouldn't work really, as loopholes always have reverse loopholes, and if they dont, then they will very soon after yours has been discovered. But if I could get on today tonight for being hectik then I wouldn't mind ;) Only problem is, Anna Coren isn't there anymore to punch between the eyes.. :( GO the chaser boys ;P

Problem solved. Buy N/A. lol.

Enough said guys??

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

can i just ask? because i maybe had a strange youth that didnt envolve cars as much as it does now? whats the big appeal of NEEDING *slash* WANTING a turbo *slash* V8?

I personally didnt want one, maybe because i raced fast things and didnt need that extra thrill? this isnt a satirical thing toward you matty340, maybe if you could enlighten me?

btw, your original post. was it more of a "is this a loophole" bit or a "can i get away with it" again, just curious as the post contradics itself a little in that reguard

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
can i just ask? because i maybe had a strange youth that didnt envolve cars as much as it does now? whats the big appeal of NEEDING *slash* WANTING a turbo *slash* V8?

I personally didnt want one, maybe because i raced fast things and didnt need that extra thrill? this isnt a satirical thing toward you matty340, maybe if you could enlighten me?

btw, your original post. was it more of a "is this a loophole" bit or a "can i get away with it" again, just curious as the post contradics itself a little in that reguard

Yes I think the thread kind of veered off track in regards to the original post and the questions behind it. I think it was just a matter of wanting something i'm not aloud to have, lol. I myself, also believe that younger drivers (amongst the majority of "experienced" drivers) should not be aloud to even think about being behind the wheel of a powerful vehicle.

The whole turbo6/v8 thing was only leaning towards turbo because I honeslty don't believe that its really that obvious that its not N/A (depending on who is looking). I initially wanted a v8, because I've always loved them. But the turbo was just what I used for arguments sake. I should hae made myself a tad clearer, I now see this.

I asked the lady who owns a business which shares the premises of my office at work o what the rules and regs were on owning a business. She told me that there wasn't any audit systems in place etc that check P/L statements and the books etc and you could keep the name and company registered for as long as you wanted,, as long as you paid the $52 registration fee (not completely sure on price) per year. If you were to dodgy it up a tad more, into saying that your father or mother was the general manager of xyz company and purchased the vehicle, in the companies name intended for he/she to be the sole driver as you could say they were going to work for themselves, then to say that you had been employed in their place as they had other plans or something along those lines. Explain that you were not in a financial position to change vehicles and you should be right as far as the excemption is concerned, am I right? Very plausable in my eyes.

Agree or disagree with me, I don't mind. Just wanted to hear back from people to see what their thoughts on the subject were and how difficult it would be to fit through the loopholes. I guess you just roll the dice and find out.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION FIFTYONE:

The appeal is greater then it should be, and I am not entirely silly for having a temptation to try this. That being said, I do not need a v8 or turbocharged vehicle and should just stick to N/A until I am a) off my P's and b) confident in my driving abilities to handle a high powered vehicle.

P.S. Of course I feel confident now.. But we all know its just testosterone right? ;p
Things like my subaru write-off and this falcon work f**k up ute pictured below always have a tendancy to shake up your driving confidence lol. BTW, both weren't my fault, opposition driver error =D

Attachment:
workute.jpg
workute.jpg [ 42.59 KiB | Viewed 178 times ]

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2009 G6 Falcon

WA, Australia

as far as i was aware (correct me if im wrong) but the restriction period only applies during your first six months whilst your on your reds, not the entire length of your Ps
so if your still on your reds just get a thrash box until then, and take the thrasher bush when done with it and f**k it up doing smokies, far more fun than possibly f**k up a 15K car whlst trying to get away with a simple loop hole

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next