Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Things are always cheaper in Qld

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

there are also two LPG rods. the later ones are better

it also looks as though the tyhpoon rod will superseed the XR6T rod.

and if rumers are true that will leave only 2 different rods Stock and hievy duty.

Post subject: Re: ford conrod prices...
Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

Quote:
yeah well the prices i listed are rrp at the townsville dealer.

your prices look more like trade. and yes i was looking at the prices on the screen my self. i have some good mates there

definately not trade m8, not unless trade is 25% discount......

Quote:
things are always chepaer in QLD

lol, his qld prices are dearer

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

and I cant even spell cheaper! Ha

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

can't explain the difference. but thats what the computer at ford said.

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ok, dunno if anyone is really bothered, but for my own curiosity, ill get the part number again, and ring another dealer tomorrow, see what their price is.

LPG rods at $55-77ea sounds like a nice budget upgrade

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:49 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

I got hold of 1 BA LPG rod over a year ago to compare against a stock E series rod. My conclusion from measuring the weights of the rods and measuring the cross sections of the beam are that the E series rod would be slightly stronger than a stock BA LPG rod. Although the BA LPG rod is about 6mm longer it weights about 10 grams less than the stock E series rod. Beam cross section is a teeny bit smaller also.

I have a suspicion that BA LPG rods are typhoon rejects. Reason I say this is that the pin hole in the rod I got was way off centre.

Pitty that they did not make the rod beefier but I dont think its worth while using IMO other than for improving the rod ratio cause of the extra length.

Turbo 6s rule

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

turbotrana wrote:
I got hold of 1 BA LPG rod over a year ago to compare against a stock E series rod. My conclusion from measuring the weights of the rods and measuring the cross sections of the beam are that the E series rod would be slightly stronger than a stock BA LPG rod. Although the BA LPG rod is about 6mm longer it weights about 10 grams less than the stock E series rod. Beam cross section is a teeny bit smaller also.

I have a suspicion that BA LPG rods are typhoon rejects. Reason I say this is that the pin hole in the rod I got was way off centre.

Pitty that they did not make the rod beefier but I dont think its worth while using IMO other than for improving the rod ratio cause of the extra length.

what about rod materials and machining process?

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

turbotrana wrote:

being that old it would not have been the current lpg rod.

the reason i sugested it is because it makes piston choice a hell of lot easier.. there are curently no off the shelf flat tops that suit the shorter rod. and there are no forged 12cc dish pistons to suit the short rod.

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

i have always been under the impression that the thypoon and lpg ba used the same rods

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ok, so i need to ask, why would the lpg rods be better than the turbo rods?? doesnt make sense.... why would the std gas engine, have beefier rods than a turbo??

i was under the impression that a typhoon engine is nothing more than a std turbo donk, the only mods done are it has independant cam timing, couple psi more boost, and a better tune... and the std bf has the independant cam timing anyway

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ebs_4l wrote:
ok, so i need to ask, why would the lpg rods be better than the turbo rods?? doesnt make sense.... why would the std gas engine, have beefier rods than a turbo??

i was under the impression that a typhoon engine is nothing more than a std turbo donk, the only mods done are it has independant cam timing, couple psi more boost, and a better tune... and the std bf has the independant cam timing anyway

maybe you should do some research, instead insead of relying on your 'impression' of what things are.

it's well known and even stated in a press realese in the ford website that the LPG engine got stronger rods. The same with the typoon.

it was speculated (meaning it may not be true) at the time that typhoon rods were the LPG rods, and the pricing i found falls inline with that.

but i'll only say for sure what is what, when i see it first hand.

the purpose of this thread was only to give options, not to say X rod is stronger/better then Y rod. the extra length makes it easier to buy the right piston in a performance build, nothing more. and they are a hell of lot cheaper then aftermarket rods, that may or maynot be needed

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
maybe you should do some research, instead insead of relying on your 'impression' of what things are.

i never researched it cos i couldnt care less

Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ebs_4l wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:

i never researched it cos i couldnt care less

so y ask?

Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

i was aiming the question more at, WHY the lpg would have bigger rods, not does it/doesnt it.

any reasons why the lpg engine would get bigger rods??

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next