Fordmods Logo

getting a supercharger 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Don't do it.

I was thinking of something simular for my car, but if you think about it it's better bang for your buck to just get an xr6t/xr8 in the first place.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

and a s**t less stuffing around! go for an xr6t

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

fnp wrote:
Don't do it.

I was thinking of something simular for my car, but if you think about it it's better bang for your buck to just get an xr6t/xr8 in the first place.

that isnt much good to him now with an XT!! :lol:

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

nicco wrote:
fnp wrote:
Don't do it.

It's all well and good bolting a forced induction setup on an XT, but then if you want to make it into a decent roadcar you still need to fiddle with the suspension, add an lsd, better tyres and all sorts of crap that the XR's have in the first place, plus you won't loose the new car warranty. I still think a trade in would be the better option.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Post subject: Re: getting a supercharger
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:33 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

NABAXT wrote:
hey guys, i just wrang up my insurance company and asked how much xtra it would cost me to supercharge my car.....they said nothing extra

NRMA?

What are they on drugs over there or what?

How much are you paying now?

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:09 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

NSW, Australia

hmm yeh i will definately need a lsd for it, heheh supercharger with a single wheeler?? ahah LoL, uumm and i was considering turbo but i def aint gunna go for a standard xr6 turbo, bcuz i should of just bought the xr6 in the first place, besides which, with a nice wastage, good turbo's sound pretty nice, my mates in his turbo sounds great with just a ss induction and an xflow exhaust w/hi flow cat. anyhoo, a turbo does soundlike the better option as i was thinking that those engines are designed for use with a turbo, fnp u raised a good point with that mate...but WHERE do i get a good turbo kit from for my BA, i looked on CAPA Performance.com and i couldnt find one for the BA Falcon??? chef..any ideas mate?

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

fnp wrote:
nicco wrote:
fnp wrote:
Don't do it.

It's all well and good bolting a forced induction setup on an XT, but then if you want to make it into a decent roadcar you still need to fiddle with the suspension, add an lsd, better tyres and all sorts of crap that the XR's have in the first place, plus you won't loose the new car warranty. I still think a trade in would be the better option.

sorry, wasnt having a go at you, i know what you mean though...

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

You could get a hold of a wrecked xr6t and do a straight swap. That way you could get the entire driveline with all the various bits and peices you need.

There's a few places that have turbo setups sorted, APS and Nizpro are the first two that come to mind. As far as I know, besides the turbo you'll need the edit and upgrade a few internals.

As a side note, I'm considering trading up on my car, probably to a BA xr6t or more likely xr8 or even *hides* VY SS. The insurance on any of those will probably absolutely kill me though. NABAXT, how on earth did you get away so easily with insurance?

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:48 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

i have no idea, im gunna wring 'em up again and make sure, cuz it sounds shonky as, the lady said, i specificly member 'No extra charge on my insurance and it will be insured' ....i know wot u mean it dont sound right...BUT i've only ever had a tiny a** little accident when i first got my p's and only eva had one fine....maybe they think im a good driver :P jokes

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

lol, to insurance companies, any male <25 is not a good driver.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:20 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

ahahah, dont mean to post whore, in my own thread, but i'll second that!

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:24 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

hmmm how gay are nrma? i wrang them again, jsut to double check about the supercharger and the lady said they wont insure me for it after the first girl said they would, i personally think they need to train there staff better, i bet u the first girl didnt even know wot a supercharger was, anyhoo, its not the first time i heard of this, my mate, hoo drive an xr65, Faker Taker is his name on here, he wrang up b4 he bought it and asked how much insurance would be, then when he got it, he wrang up to insure it and they said twice as much as the original price, now thats f*cked.
anywayz, arent i lucky i doublechecked...besides which, its still on my mind, andi f i want one after the edit, i will still consider it.
cheers guys, thanks for all the help.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2