Fordmods Logo

heavy duty flex plate/pistons 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: heavy duty flex plate/pistons
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:54 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Does anyone know who supplies Heavy duty flex plates to suit I6/BTR4sp. They are available but dont know what make/supplier details.
Can anyone help

I am also ordering some 500kw pistons in the next few days for my turbo ED project. These pistons are tried and tested in some of the toughest BA turbos. I am using BA argo rods to make them fit the E series. If anyone is interested in a set they are $1300 plus delivery. If you are using them for the E series you will need to get pockets machined for the valves for about $150. I looked at a few options and this seems the best and cheapest option for forged pistions that shouldnt rattle on a cold start up

I am also ordering a BA underdrive performance harmonic balancer if anyone wants one of these. Dont know the price yet but you will need a EF belt setup to use it.

Regards

Turbo 6s rule

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

may i ask why you are gettin pistons that will need reliefs cut in them just to clear the valves? kinda defeats the purpise of decompression doesnt it?

didnt think ba/au intech stuff fitted in the swingin section of an eseries...???

and who are you gettin that balancer off? i remember someone sparked interest ages ago and they never came through.

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:10 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

I'm using AU/BA length rods and hence BA forged pistons. BA are 4 valve heads and you need to cut the valve reliefs for the 2 valve head. They are in a different position and larger.

Its got nothing to do with compression.

I am looking into the balancer side of things now. I was hoping to get a steel one but looks like that I will be stuck with a cast iron bonded one.

Turbo 6s rule

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

powerbond make balancers for all ohc and dohc 4l engines, they are not under driven.

heres the link for there catalog- www.precisionparts.com.au/Pages/Applica ... alogue.pdf

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:53 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Thanks Fritz.
I was hoping that a Powerbond steel underdrive BA balancer could be used in the E series but it cant. The offset is different by a couple of centimeters.
Powerbond make a steel underdrive for the BA but there are no steel balancers made for the E series.

So I will just have to use the Street bonded series that Powerbond do.

Turbo 6s rule

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:36 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Just rang up Ross Balancers and he said he will make up a EF balancer with a steel outer and cast iron centre with all bonded and balanced. Also got him to do it 10% underdrive. Cost Close to $400.

Turbo 6s rule

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]