Fordmods Logo

Help with new exhaust! ! ! ! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Help with new exhaust! ! ! !
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:18 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XTS, BF Xr6 Turbo Ute

QLD, Australia

I am after a new exhaust for the Bf turbo ute. I am after soemthing that is not oo loud like on my BA, just after a nice tone that only really roars when you climb up the revs. Any suggestions appreciated. I am not looking to go high flow cat or headers atm. Just new pipe perhaps single smallish muffler and some type of dual tips. My BA 6cyl has 2 1/2 pipe all the way through with a small hot dog muffler and dual stainless steel 2 1/2 inch tips. I am not looking to make it as loud as this. please help!

Ford Fan: Since 1987 - Born a Blue Oval Supporter!

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

Leave the pipe the same and just change to straight through mufflers. Leave the resonator and cat in place and try and place the new mufflers in the same location.

Does the BF have twin 2.5inch pipes? Or is it twin 2inch? Either way don't change to a single unless your going 3.5inch or greater because the twin 2' will flow more.

Some other mods - why not look at typhoon bits? They have an oil cooler and bigger intercooler, anything else? Larger injectors, edit?

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

Spork wrote:
Leave the pipe the same and just change to straight through mufflers. Leave the resonator and cat in place and try and place the new mufflers in the same location.

Does the BF have twin 2.5inch pipes? Or is it twin 2inch? Either way don't change to a single unless your going 3.5inch or greater because the twin 2' will flow more.

Some other mods - why not look at typhoon bits? They have an oil cooler and bigger intercooler, anything else? Larger injectors, edit?

I think it is 2.5 . . . . i am pretty sure anyways. I am nt at home atm to go and check it. If i go 3.5 inch will it be louder than what i am after? I am not to sure when it comes to exhausts . . . I know I wont keep both mufflers . . . just one again. might go with 3.5 inch with standard resonator and cat but a single muffler . . . what do you reckon spork?

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

i was also under the impression that the turbo comes with a twin 2.5" system or something... the cats and exhaust will probably flow fine, just get some mufflers removed from it i say. and a new tip

as for headers.. not if you wanna keep ya turbo.

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

yea, they have a 3in engine pipe to the cat, then the exit from the cat is either twin 2.25 or 2.5

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Post subject: Re: Help with new exhaust! ! ! !
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

Aposta87 wrote:
I am after a new exhaust for the Bf turbo ute. I am after soemthing that is not oo loud like on my BA, just after a nice tone that only really roars when you climb up the revs. Any suggestions appreciated. I am not looking to go high flow cat or headers atm. Just new pipe perhaps single smallish muffler and some type of dual tips. My BA 6cyl has 2 1/2 pipe all the way through with a small hot dog muffler and dual stainless steel 2 1/2 inch tips. I am not looking to make it as loud as this. please help!

pretty sure they are twin 2 1/4" and will flow up to approx. 320rwkw (with a bigger cat) if they are the same/similar to the BA exhaust (cant see them being different as there is only 5kw diff between BA and BF) if i was you i would leave it as is but maybe try removing the centre muffler and replacing with hotdogs (one hotdog on each of the 2 1/4" lines) if u want a sound clip/vid i can send u one of a BA with no centre muffler. then you can just change the exhaust tips to what u like. :)

cheers.

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Post subject: Re: Help with new exhaust! ! ! !
Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:00 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

Mr Man wrote:
Aposta87 wrote:

pretty sure they are twin 2 1/4" and will flow up to approx. 320rwkw (with a bigger cat) if they are the same/similar to the BA exhaust (cant see them being different as there is only 5kw diff between BA and BF) if i was you i would leave it as is but maybe try removing the centre muffler and replacing with hotdogs (one hotdog on each of the 2 1/4" lines) if u want a sound clip/vid i can send u one of a BA with no centre muffler. then you can just change the exhaust tips to what u like. :)

cheers.

Thanks mate, I would appreciate the sounds clip. I also have a BA 6cyl but it has only one small hot dog muffler, and it is really loud. I just want a nice rumble from the turbo, I dont want to draw too much attention to it. More of a sleeper look and sound to it. PM me the audio clip or something. I dont mind

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

pm me your email address, it wont let me send a .wmv file through a pm.
i will just email it to u instead..

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]