Help with nitrous system 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

On my dry system, the pressure goes from 40psi to 70psi when the NOS is activeated. There is no other noticable change to my setup. I will be switching to a wet system when the new motor finally arrives
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

A wet kit does not go near the regulator like a dry system does. Mine just gets fuel from the rail before the reg.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:10 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Did anyone else experience pressure drops in in the fuel line when activating the nos? (on a wet kit)

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

should run a seperate pump and fuel ilne for the NOS at a pre set pressure independant of ur fuel injection rail

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
should run a seperate pump and fuel ilne for the NOS at a pre set pressure independant of ur fuel injection rail

How exactly would you set this up on an efi apllication?

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
FPV_GTp wrote:

How exactly would you set this up on an efi apllication?

firstly u would have to find out the amount of fuel pressure that NOS gas system need to run on on the fuel side

a increase in fuel pressure will mean more fuel is squeezed through the petrol jets a less pressure run than whats is recommended will mean less fuel is supplied when the NOS system is activated thus giving u a very lean mixture ( DANGEROUS = ENGINE DAMAGE )

the gas systems are calibrated to run a specific fuel jet size to a specific NOS side which equates to say 100hp or 150hp or 200 hp gas kit

same applys to the fuel pressure a drop or increase in fuel pressure can be dangerous to ur motors life span

so my opinion from my own personal experience with NOS i always run a seperate fuel supply line for the NOS

in this case the tank is plastic will involve removing the tank and having it modified for another fuel pickup

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:38 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

also.. forgot to mention that im injecting it at 3000 in 1st gear... as soon as it hits 2nd gear the pressure goes back to normal. Same as if i inject the nos when its already in 2nd gear the pressure does not drop off.

Seems to be only in 1st gear it struggles. Is it using most fuel at this point? Luckily im running pressure safety switch that is turning the system off.

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

ok... its in a new Walbro GSS-342 pump. The pump itself is slightly shorter so we had the bend the bracket slightly to accomadate. This is going to effect the time on the gauge at whichc the fuel runs out. However, we put it all back in and it ran bueatiffuly around the block. The next day i go to start it and it wont start. The fuel pressure gauge shoots up when you turn it on and the pump hums for a second. When i go to start it it drops to 0psi. Help me peoples?? lol

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2