Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Hidden turbo
Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 04 BA Mk2 Xr6

ok cheers guys
thanks for the input =)

And yeh, im basically a driving defect as is, but so far ive gone past heaps of cops and they havent even looked (pretty lenient at the moment). But i shall just do what i was going to do in first place (just mild engine work, cam etc)
Thanks

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

good call champ id probably do the same with head work, exhaust, CAI, either a manual conversion or a stall convertor, all cop friendly maybe an LSD for good measure

i wish i still had my EL fairmont beautiful shape and look sick when the on thier a**

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

96el wrote:
yeah i know
i know basic things, like i know to do it all properly will be s**t load , like upgrading diffs etc
but youse know what i mean...i think XD

Thats not what he meant when he said you have alot to learn.

Though your reply very much proves you have a lot to learn.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:46 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ford au3

Power: 127 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Owning a turbo is like turning 18 and going the pub for the first time i would wait dude i seen my mate get done for driving a v8 7 points and loss of lic is it really worth that?

2001 au3 ford falcon
170.8rwhp

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

i hear invisibility paint works wonders, just be sure to prepare the surface really well before applying.

on a proper note, go to youtube type in "rear mounted turbo". some idiot Americans have designed turbo kits for corvettes that literally have the turbo just before the exhaust tips. and as far as i can tell theirs no better way to hide a turbo then having it at the rear of a car with the engine in the front. plus the exhaust manifold would look as if its NA.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

Quote:
i hear invisibility paint works wonders

trouble is its hard to find :lol:

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

It's no that hard to hide a turbo conversion. I did it on my R31 skyline.

First of all use a low mount manifold. I only seem to see hi mount ones on this site... Make a heat shield that runs the length of the manifold. You'd be surprised how much this helps with heat soak!

As for intercooler piping, paint it all matt black and run it through stock intake piping where possible. Or run it through some generic intake piping.

Run the intercooler outlet through the air box if possible and make it run out of the air box juts like stock.

Other than that, keep you engine bay neat, clean and tidy. Quiet exhaust, use a screamer pipe if you really need a loud exhaust. Stock wheels and a sensible ride height helps again and even better driving like a normal person will help A LOT. Also dont use atmo BOVs and use an airbox if possible along with as much rubber intercooler piping as possible to keep dose quiet.

Having done all that though, is it really worth it in the end? And if the cop knows anything about turbo charged engines, you will be BONED. Easier just to wait and get a XR6T.

Best advice has been said and that's dont do it at all! :P

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

rear mounted turbo will work, as engine bay looks 99% the same, even your exhaust manifold will be the same a NA set up, only odd looking part is will be that your induction pipe comes from the rear of the car.

but as its been said on here already, the cops aren't your main problem. lets say its wet, your driving within the speeding laws but then your breaks lock up or your car slips going around a corner, and whack takes out a bmw that just happens to be traveling right next or in front of you. your insurance will become void as your driving illegally.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

el_cid26 wrote:
It's no that hard to hide a turbo conversion. I did it on my R31 skyline.

First of all use a low mount manifold. I only seem to see hi mount ones on this site... Make a heat shield that runs the length of the manifold. You'd be surprised how much this helps with heat soak!

As for intercooler piping, paint it all matt black and run it through stock intake piping where possible. Or run it through some generic intake piping.

Run the intercooler outlet through the air box if possible and make it run out of the air box juts like stock.

Other than that, keep you engine bay neat, clean and tidy. Quiet exhaust, use a screamer pipe if you really need a loud exhaust. Stock wheels and a sensible ride height helps again and even better driving like a normal person will help A LOT. Also dont use atmo BOVs and use an airbox if possible along with as much rubber intercooler piping as possible to keep dose quiet.

Having done all that though, is it really worth it in the end? And if the cop knows anything about turbo charged engines, you will be BONED. Easier just to wait and get a XR6T.

Best advice has been said and that's dont do it at all! :P

sooo........ how many psi did you're airbox handle ? you could use lpg springs on the lid instead of bov...

winman wrote:
rear mounted turbo will work, as engine bay looks 99% the same, even your exhaust manifold will be the same a NA set up, only odd looking part is will be that your induction pipe comes from the rear of the car.

but as its been said on here already, the cops aren't your main problem. lets say its wet, your driving within the speeding laws but then your breaks lock up or your car slips going around a corner, and whack takes out a bmw that just happens to be traveling right next or in front of you. your insurance will become void as your driving illegally.

Insurance is the big thing. Also even rear mount is quite obvious when it's on a hoiste. How much pressure drop do they get with those setups ?

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2