How much did you pay for your XR6 T ? 

Page 2 of 5 [ 62 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ok so just the standard ones, I'm already across all those, thanks :)
Seems to be SFA around in the ACT at the moment, let alone in that price range.

edit: yeah I saw that one in qld, pretty cheap! altho the ks are a bit high (I want something under 100k, preferably less than 80k)

I'm after leather and premium sound in mercury silver.
I guess if I found one cheap enough without one I could fit it later, probably easier to do with the leather than the ICC! (and actually I really only need the front in leather so might be easier to source from a wrecker)

Cheers :)

ImageImage

Last edited by Hyena on Wed May 02, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

check out the one above

Its only 18,000km. Its pretty povity pack but still

Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/pr ... &R=1030807

That only has 56,000km on the clock

have a look on carpoint, then search for ford- falcon- $15,000-$25,000- keywords turbo and look for NSW. There is 22 hits but my internet is f**k up so yea

Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah I'm keeping an eye on that one, already had it book marked :)
Thanks

THIS ONE is the benchmark I'm holding out for. Pity it's just over the border though so I'd have to d**k around changing over the rego

ImageImage

Post subject: XR6t
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

If your not in a hurry check out some of the auction's out, there have been some under 18k, 03 manual sedan, dont no what kms it had though try ..... manheim/fowlers.....C.A.S in smithfield... I.M.A in Villawood, Pickles have been selling stuf at more than what there worth lately, I know the one in smithfield gets a lot of repos & they always get at least 5... XR6's min every week, its worth checking out

cheers

Joe.

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks for the tip Joe, I'll look into it but I'm always a bit sus about auctions when it comes to that amount of money. I suppose repos wouldn't be too bad. I'm guessing they still have the same policy where you're not allowed to drive the car before hand ?

PS: My car is going cheap if you know anyone who's in the market :P

ImageImage

Post subject: XR6T
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

The one in smithfield will let you road test & they come with a saftey report, better than nothing, I know some actions make up the own saftey reports, mate there all sharks but if you know what your looking for you will get a good buy...........

cheers

Joe.
the same risk buying it privetly

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:01 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Falcon

WA, Australia

don't bother with premo sound, i just went from an XT with stock sound to a premo sounded turbo and the only thing good about it is the 6 disc stacker. your much better off spending the money you save on some quality speakers up front.

i got a phantom BA mk1 jan 2004 ute, 95Ks, FPV leather wheel, mk2 rims, brand new tyres on the front, 2 week old turbo, 3" stainless steel cat, twin 2.5" stainless steel exhaust, SS inductions intake, K&N, big injectors, big fuel pump, new spark plugs and a capa tuner (custom tuned) for $23K off my mates dad.

if your going to be really picky on colour and can only afford the lower end of the scale you may have to wait a while, whenever i look at cars the colours i want never come along when i want them.

Rhyso

BA XT, typhoon intake, K&N filter, XR 17" wheels, red/black brakes, Ford scuff plates

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

rhysy_boi wrote:
don't bother with premo sound, i just went from an XT with stock sound to a premo sounded turbo and the only thing good about it is the 6 disc stacker. your much better off spending the money you save on some quality speakers up front.

I'm not that concerned with the speakers, more so the larger colour screen for future mods :wink:

That said I'd probably be happy with the premo sound setup with just some better splits up front. The small sub they come with would probably do me for bass, I think I've outgrown the whole boot full of subs thing. (I now have a lounge room full of speakers instead :P )

ImageImage

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:21 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Falcon

WA, Australia

hahaha i bet i'll end up like that one day. as long as your going a sedan it's ok, i never knew that the ute premo sound has the normal screen. there go my plans to upgrade what gear i've got.

Rhyso

BA XT, typhoon intake, K&N filter, XR 17" wheels, red/black brakes, Ford scuff plates

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Hyena wrote:
rhysy_boi wrote:

I'm not that concerned with the speakers, more so the larger colour screen for future mods :wink:

That said I'd probably be happy with the premo sound setup with just some better splits up front. The small sub they come with would probably do me for bass, I think I've outgrown the whole boot full of subs thing. (I now have a lounge room full of speakers instead :P )

Go the premo sound mate :wink:

I have the premo with the pep package in a mercury silver auto Turbs :wink: and it's noticeably better (clearer) than the standard audio in my old mans Turbs.

Not that is matters to me much, as I'd rather turn it off, wind the windows down and listed to that sound as I nail the firewall. :D

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I payed nothing....

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sounds like a fair price EBXR8380, I'll give you triple what you payed if you wanna sell it :P

downingj, what's the pep package ? Premo sound is definitely on my wanted list, but if I find one that's perfect otherwise I might have to forego it. There's one on carsales that's only got 53k on and claims to be immaculate so I'm going to go check that out. The owner said they'd take 22k which is as much as I want to pay but its got stock trim and sound (and it's got the blue fabric inserts which I don't really rate with merc silver)
For a low k example it might be worthwhile getting that and keeping my eye out on ebay or the wreckers for a whole leather interior, then selling the stock cloth trip for what ever it fetches (likewise with the colour ICC although obviously it'd be preferable to hunt around for one that already has both if I can find one with low ks)

ImageImage

Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Yea premo sound is the way to go, i wanted to for the same reasons, future mods. I want it to play DVD's through it so yea.
But it sounds way better to and gives the car a better look, my bro has a XR8 ute with the premo sound in the utes whch is s**t screen, 6-stacker and some more speakers and mine pisses all over his sound system but im is still only stock so not that good compared to competion sound systems.

But yea if i was you i would hunt down one with a premo ICC already in it cos i recon it would be to much hussle to convert it.

Griffo

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Hyena wrote:
Sounds like a fair price EBXR8380, I'll give you triple what you payed if you wanna sell it :P

downingj, what's the pep package ? Premo sound is definitely on my wanted list, but if I find one that's perfect otherwise I might have to forego it. There's one on carsales that's only got 53k on and claims to be immaculate so I'm going to go check that out. The owner said they'd take 22k which is as much as I want to pay but its got stock trim and sound (and it's got the blue fabric inserts which I don't really rate with merc silver)
For a low k example it might be worthwhile getting that and keeping my eye out on ebay or the wreckers for a whole leather interior, then selling the stock cloth trip for what ever it fetches (likewise with the colour ICC although obviously it'd be preferable to hunt around for one that already has both if I can find one with low ks)

Check this site out for info on the audio;

http://www.trueblueford.com/BA_audio.html

Premium audio with the extra "Pep-pack", which comprises a 150-watt amplifier and subwoofer and takes total system output to 250 watts.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next