Fordmods Logo

Impco lpg system turbo compatibility? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba xt with turbo motor

QLD, Australia

gra is the go with turbo for sure i had a mitsubishi triton with a vg30 v6 on strait gas with a gra made 240rwkw not bad out of a 4wd. mite be gasing my ba soon but it will be gas injection if u hav the $ id go the injection iv fitted a few but only on atmo's my car will be the first turbod 1 iv fitted. if u dont want to spend the $ go 4 the gra but get all ander bonet off them cos the converters r different. and u can order the gra throtle bodies to flow 450cfm standard they flow 350cfm very eazy and works well worth doing

ba xt 20" wheels xr6 turbo motor 315rwkw

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Yeah im buying the complete underbonnet kit and only adding a multivalve tank to it :)

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:06 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

citrusbusdriver wrote:
gra is the go with turbo for sure i had a mitsubishi triton with a vg30 v6 on strait gas with a gra made 240rwkw not bad out of a 4wd. mite be gasing my ba soon but it will be gas injection if u hav the $ id go the injection iv fitted a few but only on atmo's my car will be the first turbod 1 iv fitted. if u dont want to spend the $ go 4 the gra but get all ander bonet off them cos the converters r different. and u can order the gra throtle bodies to flow 450cfm standard they flow 350cfm very eazy and works well worth doing

What brand Gas injection did you fit and to what car. I'm getting interested in gas lately and trying to work out the best setup.

Gas injection seems to be in its infancy. I wonder whether there is a Gas Injection kit for E series or BA series falcons. Gas on cruise and gas and petrol on boost could be good. Just two sets of injectors per inlet

Turbo 6s rule

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TURBOTAXI wrote:
gryph wrote:
I think $7k is cheap compared to what it would cost for an N/A engine to make 160rwkw to 170rwkw. The bonus is that my off boost economy and driving experience is very good.

The SM+P convertor cost $221 delivered to Dubbo.

Sorry mate im pushing 180rwkw and paid $5500 :D

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Blazing EF wrote:
TURBOTAXI wrote:
gryph wrote:
I think $7k is cheap compared to what it would cost for an N/A engine to make 160rwkw to 170rwkw. The bonus is that my off boost economy and driving experience is very good.

The SM+P convertor cost $221 delivered to Dubbo.

Sorry mate im pushing 180rwkw and paid $5500 :D

That is really good for you. It seems you saved more money that I was able to.

I suppose the question is are the modifications to your car legal (have they been approved by an engineer) because as you would be aware any changes to the performance of a car, camshafts, headwork, ECU enhancements etc... (especially if they affect emissions) need to be engineered to be legal and to ensure that insurances are honoured.

If they are mods to an N/A motor what is the cost in driveability and or fuel consumption? I get 450k's for about $40 (depending on how enthusiastic I am) I can drop that a little.

I make in excess of 470nm's of torque at the wheels, I dont know how that compares to the rest of the world.

If it is a Turbo motor that is running and legal for $5500 (regardless of fuel consumtion) I take my hat off to you as that is a fantastic achievement.

Turbo AU falcon LPG 222.5 RWKW.
BAMKII XR6T with SVI - the first one!.
CR500E - Road registered CR500
VF1000R Mid 80's racer built as a HMP special
T88 Turbo XT Falcon with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2