Fordmods Logo

info about huge 4.0L turbo project gold coast QLD 

Page 3 of 7 [ 100 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: info about huge 4.0L turbo project gold coast QLD
Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:26 am 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: eb-twin turbo

VIC, Australia

true steady 8.7 says alot , but you guys are comparing our product to 6 boost etm has our product been run on these cars no, but again its not the point side/side testing will yeild true results

Snort Snort, we make our own speed!!!!!

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:37 am 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

Attachment:
P1010578.jpg
P1010578.jpg [ 169.39 KiB | Viewed 367 times ]

Attachments:
P1010577.jpg
P1010577.jpg [ 145.77 KiB | Viewed 299 times ]
P1010576.jpg
P1010576.jpg [ 160.8 KiB | Viewed 310 times ]

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:40 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

i'll eat my hat if an actual side by side test of snort vs 6boost vs ETM manifolds takes place.
who provides dyno, who provides car, who does labour, what if 6boost or etm don't want to supply a manifold free, who's paying for them?

you want people to stop talking up 6boost manifolds vs yours?
get one of yours on an 8 second falcon, then the next time this comes up everyone can say a snort manifold is on the quickest 4L.
problem solvered.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:49 am 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

in the future who knows mate ;)

you have already highlighted why this discussion continues , without back/back testing how can the comparison made here about the performance ect be discussed??

you guys are only sticking to one point the times over the 1/4 ,lets not compare the merge collectors, the end finish , design aspects , price these are points that can be seen and discussed

time over the 1/4 when the customer wants to go that fast i am sure we have more then enough to help them get there

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Is this one of those my member is bigger & I told you so threads?

To settle this, request a independent review from these mob & supply them with the mentioned hardware. to get a good back to back review, offer them an incentive... :lol:

http://www.autospeed.com.au/

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Snort Performance wrote:
the truth however about qaulity/design let me fill you in on the details

our manifolds are hand made from s/10 steam pipe s/steel , each bend is double tig welded linished sanded and polished to show finish!! merge collector split pulse multi fit turbo flange/headplate 12mm

show me any 6 boost or etm product made to the same finish for anywhere near the price!!

Lets start from the top. I know that S10 stainless steel exists but as for S10 steam pipe, it is either quite rare or doesn't exist. A google search on the material led to numerous posts by you promoting S10 steampipe on forums and not much else. Almost nothing from material suppliers at least. You'd think that some data sheet would have cropped up by the end of page 2 but its not the case.

Apples and oranges mate. What do 8 and 9 second quarters have to do with 2 passes of a tig welder, sanded back welds and polished pipe? I always thought it was more to to with manifold design rather than presentation.
Aesthetics don't mean much. If I was going purely for Aesthetics I would have chosen a monster performance cheap Chinese manifold. Already fitted one to my brothers VL, and believe it or not, its not as bas as what everyone makes it out to be (turbo's are s**t though).

If you want to compete with the other players in this debate then you should do what they have done? Built their own cars and run them as proving grounds. Kyle had the EA that made s**t power. Lee has his BA Ute (and is in the process of building a full chassis B series).

I'm not having a dig, just some honest constructive criticism. The only reason I would buy their products over yours is because even before the cashed up customers came along, they had their own products in their own cars punching out some well respected numbers. And that is much more marketable than a fancy website saying "Kit XYZ is good enough for XXXkW" without ever seeing that kit in action in a car.

Something to think about before this erupts into those epic childlike stoushes you have with Sinan over on boosted.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:42 am 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

x cabbie more dribble compare our manifold design!! , show me how /where you believe the better features or build qaulity ??

you jumped on here suggesting both 6 boost and etm products will out preform the snort items
again without facts how can you judge or suggest above without any experience with any manufacturer

you have not been around long enough to remember our early days with cars like slowea and support we have provided customers over the years, we stopped spending money on cars and prefer to invest in selected customers and development which keeps the costs down, there are many posts on boosted regarding our products and here also, the twin turbo ea here for example

s/10 ( shed 10 ) stainless steel steampipe 316 grade ?? your point here

try as you may lets hope common sense prevails and the above customer can see whats going on here

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
. And that is much more marketable than a fancy website saying "Kit XYZ is good enough for XXXkW" without ever seeing that kit in action in a car.

Shame there is a lot of cars getting around with the figures quoted for the Snort kits but aye.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:52 am 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

here let me share some history

here is the first production stage 4 manifold
Attachment:
6%20cylinder.jpg
6%20cylinder.jpg [ 99.35 KiB | Viewed 301 times ]

then the next development bolt on wastegate adaptor to suit both internal/external wastegate
multifit turbo flange and headplate also introduced again production manifold

Attachment:
054.jpg
054.jpg [ 156.86 KiB | Viewed 278 times ]

and our current stage 4 manifold seen above

and our stage 6 50mm primary turbo manifold seen here fitted with bullseye 1400+++turbocharger twin external gates 4 inch dump

Attachment:
stage6.10.jpg
stage6.10.jpg [ 98.89 KiB | Viewed 293 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_0348s.jpg
IMG_0348s.jpg [ 82.2 KiB | Viewed 267 times ]

Attachment:
stage6.5.jpg
stage6.5.jpg [ 88.81 KiB | Viewed 264 times ]

now post some pics of etm and 6 boost to compare the design

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:54 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Geoff, i don’t want to be a smart a** or start anything but design mean s**t to me. What really matters to me is that what ever the product is or how ugly the fkr is, all I expect it to do is WORK. Not everything is about looks.

The quickest ive ever went with snort gear was 11.20 @120 mph. I don’t know if someone else has gone faster? yes most might know ive had problems with snort manifolds, but Geoff has done his best to resolve the issue.

Regarding the so called test, if u guys get the manifolds together im more than happy to do the labour part.Im sure with back to back tests this would show some very interesting results an shut some people up.

Geoff have u got any pics of you merge collector so we can see the inside view? We all know what 6boost look like an has anyone got pics of the etm one?

6boost manifold:
"With this collector technology we have seen anywhere from 200-400rpm faster spool and gains in the region of 6-15% in power in back to back dyno testing, even on highly tuned race engines."

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/ ... tmansm.jpg

ETM

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/post-a223693-
http://www.autoextreme.co.uk/AutoShop/i ... s%2026.jpg
http://www.autoextreme.co.uk/AutoShop/p ... 3t00k498c5

4LTR-JET: 9.1 @150mph!!

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:37 am 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

sinan no problems there but are you also suggesting the snort product is unable to go faster????

or are you suggesting our products dont work?? either 11.2 on stock engine and gt3582r is far from not working , however again make no mistake a log manifold and gt3582 has also proved 9 sec passes

again where are the design aspects regardless of looks / end finish compared to ours that seem so much better, you can see inside the collector on the pictures above but if this isnt good enough i will take some more and post them up,

if thats a 6 boost manifold i cant see any special design there however i must say he has improved ;), if you want to compare sinan then line up mate , lets compare the plenums also????

again we have nothing to hide or fear , i will stand behind our products 120% which is visable here and other forums , inside outside i dont care the more of these details will only show our true workmanship and also show yet again the same people trying to discredit our products

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:45 am 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

the 6 boost merge collector is also marketing hype look close at our manifolds , etm all the same the only difference is 6 -boost has a round hole on the turbo flange??

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:57 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

U miss understand me Geoff. What I'm saying is we arnt talking about looks the boys are talking about performance.. An u know we had very long chatt, I don't want to start s**t again.

11.20@ 120mph is proof that snort items work. An I don't think anyone else has pushed them this hard. I'm sure in future someone will set the bar high with snort gear.

Regarding Tim jetsons 9sec ea geoff, u can't call that a log manifold. It's semi tuned length/ log manifold. Also his using NOS down the track.

Again I don't want to start s**t or be a smart a** but have a very good look at 6boost merge section from inside the manifold. You will see a difference compared to most manifolds on the market.

About the plenums geoff, the dyno graphs ( Rajab aka turboworld PLENUMS) are up for all to see. Maybe u do the same an put ur ones up compared to the BBM?

4LTR-JET: 9.1 @150mph!!

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:16 am 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

we dont keep tabs on all our customers and there results , in any case i am not trying to start s**t either mate , i have looked at the 6 boost collector its clear you have not seen ours??

as i said to you in our long conversation comparing a 800.00 production manifold to the hand made version of 6-boost or etm is hardly fair , again i am even happy to compare the results from these but if you compare our current stage 4 to 6 boost etm i am sure this discussion regarding merge collectors will be mute!! other then the round hole on the turbo flange wtf

as i said before etm also features merge collector if you look back at our original production manifold it also featured this special merge collector hype

with regards to our plenums we will be happy to show the dyno results compared to stock bbm , atm most if not all have purchased the plenums with kits as total packages

again happy to show pictures/details of our plenums inside/out and will forward any results from customers as we get them

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Who's willing to provide their unmolested turbo BA-BF to prove who has the better product, preferably two identical cars with the same power reading & have the time to swap parts over for this test? :lol:
Must be the highest off the shelf stage kit with identical turbo, boost & custom tunes.

Enough talk, I wanna see dyno proof and results!!!

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 7  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next