Fordmods Logo

info about huge 4.0L turbo project gold coast QLD 

Page 4 of 7 [ 100 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: info about huge 4.0L turbo project gold coast QLD
Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

You guys seem to be forgetting that there are a lot more things that add up to a 1/4 mile time than just turbo manifold design. You cannot directly compare manifolds by comparing 1/4 mile times on two completely different cars on different tracks etc.

A SxS comparison / shoot out is the only way to solve it, and I doubt that you will get anyone other than Geoff to be willing to put up their product for this sort of scrutiny, which is a testament to Geoff. FFS, Rajab wouldnt even show a PHOTO of their goddamn plenum, what an absolute joke.

The fact is, a lot of snort product owners probably do not have the cash involved to setup a car to run 9s. This does not mean the product is of worse quality, produces slower cars or less power, etc.

I'd be putting my money on the price underdog providing a lot better bang for buck if not better overall performance than some of the much more expensive options. For some reason, consumers in this industry have a belief that if they pay more for something, it must be better.

I think you guys need to realise what Snort has bought to the table in the way of cheap, reliable, high quality turbo kits for 20 year old cars when most of the industry are busy sucking money out of FG owners. If you have an opinion, you are entitled to keep it, but you don't need to rat on in every thread about why 6boost is so much better, especially when you have no apples vs apples facts to base this on.

Thats my 2c.

Jason

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:23 am 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: eb-twin turbo

VIC, Australia

thanks jason

i was starting to think it was snort vs the world lol

Snort Snort, we make our own speed!!!!!

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:37 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: boosted ef project

QLD, Australia

This is a 6 to 7 month build not a 10day job inregards to the knife edgeing its been thrown in for a small price! the piston and rods i will find out what make thay are im due to hear back from precise engines with a full parts list bye the end of the week the whole price includes a going over of my head it has done 20000km since i had it done and have sum concers about the set up.
I have had a good look at all the turbo kits around in the last 2months and found the snort stage 4 kit to be a really great bang 4 buck kit with its T04Z turbo and manifold setup, and after haveing a look at sum of the other snort setups around i have no probblem making up mind in witch is the bolt on kit for this street driven 4.0L setup.
The only main concern i have is finding who i am going to get to do my tune! i still havent decided on what cms to run if i should fork out for the m600 or save a buck or 2 and get the wolf3d this is going to be a street driven setup and im trying to be modest about the power output its all starting from the bottom end up and get it done right the first time no rush!.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:46 am 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

good to see mate ;)

we will be sure to get a discount on the kit/plenum package for sticking with us
i have 100% no doubt you will be more then happy with your purchase and end results

maybe keep the forum updated here of your progress i would like nothing more then to see your build evolve infront of the entire forum

:D

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: boosted ef project

QLD, Australia

You blokes make a good read lol i am new to this and have a good read of all the comments this build will be posted and updated and i am staying around. 8-) Its good to get all this feedback, i am after any input into this build any input is good input and i think after reading the input you blokes put in to the newbi or the everyday bloke looking to upgrade is great.Its all so helpfull at the end of the day sum blokes do have a $ value 2 there builds and sum are open!
And at the end of the day the custormer wants to be happy with the product that best suits his build and bugget and all the info has helpt me stick bye how i was going about my build its so hard to build the whole package there is so much out there for these applications and to compaire them would be so hard there aint 2 cars or setups the same.
I will be watching to see how all this pans out.
Geoff i will be in touch bloke i will need more details about the plenum the turbo kits fine perfect for my build setup.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:12 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

no worries , you can find some pics of the new iceman 1200 plenum fitted to the twin turbo ea project in the garage section

some details iceman 1200 2 piece design
the inlet runners are tappered 45mm-38mm these will suit both stock inlet port size and also allow for larger diameter porting if required, standard fuel rails both ea-ed ef-bf can be used with little modification to fuel rail ( we suggest sending your fuel rail for modification and chrome plated extra 50.00 )

the body of the plenums are either polished/powder coated at request of the customer , standard throttle body can be used or can be upgraded up to 90mm billet version for those whom wish to do so

fittings are on the underside of the plenum to leave clean appearance , you will also notice the body tappers to help provide equal air distribution to all cylinders

these can be used with standard ea-ed throttle cable but require new bracket which we can also supply if required , cruise control may require the cable extended on some models ( brackets supplied are not to suit cruise )

hope that helps

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:12 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Power: 120 rwkw

New Zealand

Good on Snort Performance for getting in here and defending their product.

Some people on here really need to think before they pass judgment on or recommend a product that they have no experience with.

We are lucky to have the choice of three low volume specialized manufacturers to start with.

Good luck with the build, hope you are able to piece together an efficient and reliable set up.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:
You guys seem to be forgetting that there are a lot more things that add up to a 1/4 mile time than just turbo manifold design. You cannot directly compare manifolds by comparing 1/4 mile times on two completely different cars on different tracks etc.

A SxS comparison / shoot out is the only way to solve it, and I doubt that you will get anyone other than Geoff to be willing to put up their product for this sort of scrutiny, which is a testament to Geoff. FFS, Rajab wouldnt even show a PHOTO of their goddamn plenum, what an absolute joke.

Thats my 2c.

Jason

Exactly my point.
just hope people will come to terms with reality when there IS a control back to back test on the mentioned products.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:32 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:

The fact is, a lot of snort product owners probably do not have the cash involved to setup a car to run 9s. This does not mean the product is of worse quality, produces slower cars or less power, etc.

I'd be putting my money on the price underdog providing a lot better bang for buck if not better overall performance than some of the much more expensive options. For some reason, consumers in this industry have a belief that if they pay more for something, it must be better.

I think you guys need to realise what Snort has bought to the table in the way of cheap, reliable, high quality turbo kits for 20 year old cars when most of the industry are busy sucking money out of FG owners. If you have an opinion, you are entitled to keep it, but you don't need to rat on in every thread about why 6boost is so much better, especially when you have no apples vs apples facts to base this on.

Thats my 2c.

Jason

Lol Jason, Rajab plenum pics are all over my build thread an on bf.net
so don't start s**t as I havnt started s**t! Geoff an I have sorted out differences.... Read any of my posts an I'm sure I havnt attacked any snort items..

4LTR-JET: 9.1 @150mph!!

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I think the title of this thread needs to change to "manifold discussion", as I call "pants on fire" to the OP. I think it is the 10 day build all over again (first post on both threads end the same).

I am happy to publicly apologise and eat most post when pics of this huge build ever get put up.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:06 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

I have snort gear, its not yet fitted to my current car, but was installed and ran extremely well in the EB untill my rings found their way into the sump. I have a fresh motor built and in the car running, motor is built to take boost. I will running about 9-10 psi on this motor.

It will have a J3 chip tuned by Jaysen from Jays RPD. I have had no issues with the snort stuff, I have had to have the log manifold repaired by DA22LE as I did a head gasket, you can imagine any turbo manifold will crack with a bit of coolant hitting it when red hot. but to its credit, only a small crack that was drilled at each end and welded.

No I just gotta decide what to do for cooling. thinking subaru W2A setup where the air box will normally sit. with catch can in the same area. Anyone else tried this or got pics of a setup like this?

Sorry to hijack the thread but I felt some comment from me was warranted and setup question may get answered here too.

Dave

I have a car.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

How about if Fordmods supplies 2x stock BA XT's so Snort and HiBoost can install their products for testing. We'll retain the completed cars - the winner will be crowned and win $5000 and a signed certificate from Xyphoid.

We're looking for sub-10 second cars here Deal? :mrgreen:

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:37 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Waggin wrote:
How about if Fordmods supplies 2x stock BA XT's so Snort and HiBoost can install their products for testing. We'll retain the completed cars - the winner will be crowned and win $5000 and a signed certificate from Xyphoid.

We're looking for sub-10 second cars here Deal? :mrgreen:

thats a brilliant idea :P

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Ok, I've got my eyes on a couple of BFII XR6 w/ ZF6sp. Perfect for sub-10's. Come on guys!

One of them *IS* red and likely to go faster. You can toss a coin for the red one.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:37 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Waggin wrote:
Ok, I've got my eyes on a couple of BFII XR6 w/ ZF6sp. Perfect for sub-10's. Come on guys!

One of them *IS* red and likely to go faster. You can toss a coin for the red one.

lol and whos paying for the cars?

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 7  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next