John Bowe kit on F6 Typhoon 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: John Bowe kit on F6 Typhoon
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

A mate is looking into the Typhoones lately, and he had found some with John Bowe additions.

Can anybody shed some light on what these are and where I could find out some more info on them?

Cheers

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Not sure exactley what Bowey offers, but I believe he was starting a similar set-up to DJR (d**k Johnson Racing).

Don't know why? John Bowe was responsible for the tunining of the suspension / handling package on EB-AU XR's....

Don't know if he still does BA/BF's???

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

downingj wrote:
Not sure exactley what Bowey offers, but I believe he was starting a similar set-up to DJR (d**k Johnson Racing).

Don't know why? John Bowe was responsible for the tunining of the suspension / handling package on EB-AU XR's....

Don't know if he still does BA/BF's???

yeh I think he was actually quite involved with the FPV range starting with the BA range. From handling and other performance options...

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:19 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: fairmont ghia

WA, Australia

its just herrod s**t renamed.... its been covered on xr6turbo.com forum and its nuthin special really just a waist of money....
if your mates after performance tell him all he needs is the edit done.... 4inch dump and cat( still keep the orginal exhaust) k&n filter, fuel pump and injectors and say hello to over 300 rwkw! and thats even with the standard front mount!!!!

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

slycruza wrote:
its just herrod s**t renamed.... its been covered on xr6turbo.com forum and its nuthin special really just a waist of money....
if your mates after performance tell him all he needs is the edit done.... 4inch dump and cat( still keep the orginal exhaust) k&n filter, fuel pump and injectors and say hello to over 300 rwkw! and thats even with the standard front mount!!!!

Just out of interest, why do recommend to keep the factory exhaust?

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

Cheers. Thats more than enough info.

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII Ghia 5Ltr

VIC, Australia

downingj wrote:
slycruza wrote:

Because most people who spend money on an expensive new exhaust for their BA's and BF's typically LOSE 2-5 rwKw!!! The Ford jobby is just that good, there's really very little that can be done to improve it.

Have YOU driven a monster truck lately??

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

downingj wrote:
slycruza wrote:

I wouldnt altho they still run well with the higher kw combos a nice 3.25" exhaust and headers package particulary the diflippos setup has pulled som impressive figures

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

and keep this in mind, the cross sectional area of twin 2.25in pipes is greater than the cross section of a single 3in, so unless you go 3.25 like big kev says, you will lose flow

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ef302 wrote:
downingj wrote:
slycruza wrote:

Because most people who spend money on an expensive new exhaust for their BA's and BF's typically LOSE 2-5 rwKw!!! The Ford jobby is just that good, there's really very little that can be done to improve it.

If I were you mate, I'd stay away from the exhaust shop you've been shopping at :)

My old man had a BA XR6T and he has an aftermarket Rhemus exhaust put on it.

He dynoed it before (190rwk) and after (202rwk).............

The bloke at the exhaust shop said that that figure should increase by 2-5kw within the next few months.

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

downingj wrote:
slycruza wrote:

cos if u change the cat, the stock exhuast is good for 320rwkw :)

u pretty right there slycruza, although the injectors start to max out around 280rwkw, anythin over that u need octane booster, and i would put a bigger cooler on to, as 300rwkw is about the limit for the stock job :)

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Last edited by Mr Man on Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Mr Man wrote:
downingj wrote:
slycruza wrote:

We're talking BA XR6 T's here mate, not VL Turbo's :lol:

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

downingj wrote:
Mr Man wrote:
downingj wrote:
slycruza wrote:

We're talking BA XR6 T's here mate, not VL Turbo's :lol:

i know :) a mate of mine has an XR6T ute making 305rwkw with stock exhaust, all he did was put 3.5" cat in :)

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:57 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: fairmont ghia

WA, Australia

its a proven fact 3 inch is way to small for the xr6t very niniml gains if any! the only increase u are gettin is in the 3 inch cat and dump pipe! thats y a lot of my mates have goin complete 4 inch systems that have shot power up like u wouldnt believe it! even if u go 4 inch dump and 4 inch cat with 3 1/2 pipe back is heaps if u dont wont to go over 350rwkw!

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

the exhaust on the phoons and xr6 turbo are good for 300rwkw, butmost peple remove the centre muffler to free it up a bit and make it sound better

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next