Fordmods Logo

M90 on i6 install updates [updated!] 

Page 29 of 32 [ 466 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post subject: Re: M90 on i6 install updates [updated!]
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Thanks dude, We have one girl just started kindy and another not far behind.. I also have a great deal of accumulated time off. Eventually I'll be in a position at work to actually take it. So things will get easier soon enough.

In the mean time, I get my windows tinted.. and the EF I built my wife. Looks good.. darkest legal.

I paid 400 bucks for both with 5y warranty.. condition was that I had to take the door trims off and put them back on myself...

been driving around with no door trims due to insufficient time to put them back on.. I'm hopeful for tomorrow. :-)

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 1990 ea 5 speed

SA, Australia

cumoooooooon lol

89 ea falcon " panda" ef 5spd i6 engine with wade 1673 cam shaved ported head, full stainless 2 n half inch zaust 20 inch rims n 330mm brake upgrade soon to hae m90 blower running 12 pound pulley :D

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Hey bud did ya manage to get it in yet mines ready to go in but looking at it now I think it's gunna be right on the k frame just wanted to know if urs cleared

89 ea falcon " panda" ef 5spd i6 engine with wade 1673 cam shaved ported head, full stainless 2 n half inch zaust 20 inch rims n 330mm brake upgrade soon to hae m90 blower running 12 pound pulley :D

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

No.. it's no in the car yet, still on a test motor.

I used an oil filter relocator to allow me to move the charger right up beside the engine block.

The Air con sits right under it in an EA falcon air con bracket. (lower because EA's had the lower sitting log intake manifold.)

Look at the chargers position, it doesn't stick out as far as the BBM and it sits way above the engine mount. I expect to have to fiddle with the outlet underneath and it's plumbing, but I'm not expecting to have to worry about the Kframe.

You can see how mine is positioned here:

Do you have any photos of your setup.

regards

Frank

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

yea i got a few pics, if u have fb ill send u a pm if u can add me they are all on there ( i have trouble uploading on here) mine is pretty much flush with the top of the oil filter but sits around level with the bbm mine being an ef engine i couldnt do that plug modification thing you did so i only just have enough room for the plug,

mine is also a holden m90 but i have hacked off all the crap i didnt need but i had to make all different bracketry aswell it is possible with a little bit of play to make the charger fit but because the output and bypass valve for mine is directly over the k frame i have no room for the piping which i was massivley bumbed about cause i love ur idea of having it all hidden

thanks matty

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

ohhhh i just noticed my problem, mine being a holden v6 blower has a longer snout than ur mustang blower so it has set my output section further back inline with the k frame

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Well, that is a problem. perhaps you can look around for another snout? failing that you may have to make some changes to your mounting location.

How much difference is there in length do you think? Perhaps you can machine up a pulley that goes back over the snout and moves the belt further back?

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Yea a new snout is only option I just spent 200 on new pulley and hub and the pulley is only just big enough, unfortunately I think I'm gunna have to just go with the ugly a** top mount.... Lame lol misses would kill me if I spent more money on it lol she flipped when she heard me say it won't fit lmao

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

serves you right for getting a holden one. :-)

It would really suck to have to mount it on top.. are you sure you can't get it to fit?

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

yea well hey i should have learnt from my holden brakes squeeking non stop that holden parts are s**t aye lol nah i scored it heaps cheap so i wasnt complaining n then after i brought it had 2 mustang ones offered lol was like DAM IT lol

but nah i dont think it will because the holden one runs the output and bypass out the bottom the plumbing has to go straight past the k frame n i couldnt make it fit without fitting it to an ingine inside the engine bay and mocking it up there and atm i dont have a spare car to do it too, mayb later on ill change it up when i got more time and try and make one work because i was keen on running an intercooler aswell unless later i just pick up a mustang one when i got the cash n convert all my upgraded parts to that but thanks for your help with everything

and if u need any parts for it, hit up mace engineering they did some killer deals for me :Dand their customer service is excellent

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

frankieh wrote:
Not that much to report sadly.

:shock:

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xh II

NT, Australia

did anyone actually get this to work as mine was trying to fit, but it hits everything on a xh, any one got pics in engine bay?

Really cars lift the front wheels, not drive them...

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I did have it in the engine bay back when I first rebuilt the engine you see in the photos and put it in my car.. I had to grind a tiny bit of the corner of the engine mount.. and use an oil filter relocation kit.. but it was in and wasn't sticking out much futher than the air con. so yes, in an EL with a BBM it fits.. (my M90 has a short neck apparently, it was originally off a mustang I was told)

Sadly last week my EL was written off. A commodore that was supposed to be stopped at a stop sign wasn't and slammed into the side of my EL, bending the B pillar in and making it to costly to repair.

Now I have the question of "do I buy another EL ghia or xr6 and move everything over" or do I use the insurance money to buy myself a BA XR6T. (turbo)..

Really not sure what to do at this point.

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xh II

NT, Australia

you can sell your bits to me lol.
if i fit the the sc as you have i hit the block and the front quarter panel, hmmm
maybe the xh is a lil different

snout is appox 22cm
if i had a snout 28cm long it will work
i have the coil pack setup (in a box), will that allow the sc to sit more forward?

Really cars lift the front wheels, not drive them...

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

You can see how I got mine in here:

and here from the top down:

Is your air con bracket from an EA? If not, you need to get one as it lowers the air con by nearly 2 inches. It's in this thread somewhere, I had to grind a non essential corner off the air con bracket and the tiny lug under the BBM and the small corner of the engine mount housing. but it fit in nicely and your charger looks identical to mine so it should fit likewise. It sits right up near the dizzy.. in fact in my case I remote mounted the TFI module (by getting a dead TFI module and hollowing it out and running the wires from in it to the remote one. no hassles with that, but it allowed the charger to sit right in so it was completely under the BBM and above the engine mount. Piece of cake. :-)

If I find a really tidy EL XR for sale for the right price I will continue this project and it may get a speed boost by getting a car that already has half the stuff I was doing to mine done... (I'm hoping for a tidy manual XR6, preferably blue, preferably with a sunroof for around the 4 or 5 grand mark.) I don't care about the engine condition to be honest as my engine is nearly new and would be going in. (as would the full Ghia interior, the FG seats and other bits and pieces).

If I can't find a tiny EL Xr6 in time that I like.. I'll end up getting the BA XR6 turbo as I can't ride my push bike to work indefinitely. :-)

Sort by  
 Page 29 of 32  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next