Fordmods Logo

Mach 2 Turbo kit??? (EBAY) 

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Mach 2 Turbo kit??? (EBAY)
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:44 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: turbo falcon

SA, Australia

Hi boxcar, thanks for the pics, thats not bad power boxcar for 5psi if im reading that right, my old ef with auto for the same power ran 8psi but non intercooled. Has this still got the 2.5" exhaust on it and j3 with stock injectors? Looks like you guys did a good job on the install and good to see heatwrap used. Keep us updated when the boost goes up.

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:29 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Quick update, pulled 240rwkw last week at all ford day in the old eb fairmont on 11-12psi. Still 100% stock unopened motor and auto. Plenty left in it as still had the 2.5" flange welded onto dump pipe, old trans starting to slip in 3rd and very conservative ign timing. More mods/boost to come.

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU2 75th Anniversary Futura

SA, Australia

turbo_will wrote:
Quick update, pulled 240rwkw last week at all ford day in the old eb fairmont on 11-12psi. Still 100% stock unopened motor and auto. Plenty left in it as still had the 2.5" flange welded onto dump pipe, old trans starting to slip in 3rd and very conservative ign timing. More mods/boost to come.

Gotta love that. :mrgreen:

Cheers
Shav

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:44 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

haha yea 'ford built tuff'

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:22 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: FG XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

ok seen the add ,,the welds are ok apart from the spatter as for the rest,turbo etc seen big dollar turbos that last 60 months,,seen budgett turbos last years depends on how u treat them ,,theres always people who bag out stuff because they havnt used them...if u think it dodgy dont buy it if you want a simble idiot proof set up go for it ...me personaly as a tradesman not a bad kit for the money ..after all if it works good dont knock it......

BANNED

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Looks like a nice cheap entry level kit and you shouldn't be complaining if you can't afford it.

You know, just a matter of tidying up here and there and you're good to go, providing you stick to the boundaries of your stock fuel and timing system.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:33 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: FG XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

yeah i think my mate is very inerested in getting one of these kits me and another mate took him for a ride in his ef iv never seen a smile on a guys face so much .all he has done is a standard ef 4ltr engine nothing done to it standard ecu only a biger fuel pump v8 injectors 3 inch exhaust 12/1 vortex fmu and a heavy right foot doesnt ping or rattle and goes bloody hard had a subaru wrx next to us the guys in the subby must have s**t there pants when he couldnt loose us the old 4 ltr goes good with a kit on it ah noing my luck il bee draged itn to do all the pipe work if he buys one ..lol any way ttfn

BANNED

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Good to see the falcons smashing those s**t wrx riceys

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

hmm mite have to seriously consider this over the next 12 months when i get a decent e series to put it on :)

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

bry40l wrote:
hmm mite have to seriously consider this over the next 12 months when i get a decent e series to put it on :)

Even if its a s**t, you should do it and make a sleeper out of it. :wink:

Cheers
Shav

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Yea I just want a gli with this kit and try to hide the cooler, all my mates bsg me for driving a ford, we will see whose the silly one if I go ahead with it lol

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

bry40l wrote:
Yea I just want a gli with this kit and try to hide the cooler, all my mates bsg me for driving a ford, we will see whose the silly one if I go ahead with it lol

Dont do it for them, do it for yourself. A sleeper is the winner in my opinion. :mrgreen:

Cheers
Shav

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Mont5.0 wrote:
^^ if you were to spend time cleaning up the welds and making it more pretty, then obviously the extra labour time is going to increase the price. If the product works- who cares if the welds have not been cleaned up 100%? Look at the price for the product. If i had an E series i would jump on one of these. (even thinking of getting my mates EL junker-spending 2g on this kit, then having lots of fun in it.)

Ditto.

Or spend time welding up your own manifold.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

shav wrote:
bry40l wrote:

Even if its a s**t, you should do it and make a sleeper out of it. :wink:

If I were u I would put it on now, don't worry about what condition Ur car is in. Your going to be cutting holes in the body for piping, hacking the front bumper for the cooler to fit. Would u do this to a mint e series xr u Just brought for 6k??

Personally I'd do it on a s**t car so if u stuff anything up it doesnt matter as much , then when u go to put it on a better car u know exactly what to do and what not to do.

This is the problem which I am facing as I do not want holes in my body or hack up my bumper.

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:14 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

You can do piping without cutting holes it just ends up longer and lower as runs under k frame etc. Shouldnt need to trim much on ef/el bumbers, ea-ed requires major hacking or aftermarket front bar.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3