Fordmods Logo

More BANG for BUCK... 

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Quote:
The $$$ of fuel and $$$ of Ethonal ?? Have yo thought about high compression engine deicated to run 100% or close to it ??? Tuned right should make morepower than normal unleaded.. You need to richen mixture up though compared to petrol as fuel???

never heard of anyone running 100% ethonal , can you even buy 100% ethonal from a service station....not saying it cant be done , go into some more detail if u could , sounds interesting....

Tape deck , standard ride height.

...ITS stage 4 , JMM high stall , JMM tuner , 3.45 LSD

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:32 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

At the moment I have a JMM streetfighter head and cam , with pacemakers,Ive been looking at various options, and because of cost, a Turbo or Supercharger is out, I have looked at repowering with a AU 111 5.0 L buying the complete changeover setup is cheap enough, but then they whack ya with decent bill for doin the job, so for now Im just gonna go for a stage 3 RPD cam, Hi-stall t/converter and a new computer, it's putting out 144rwkw at the moment..... but Im gonna be setting my sights at about 180 rwkw............. at least....... (maybe wishful thinkin on my part maybe)

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Denim wrote:
At the moment I have a JMM streetfighter head and cam , with pacemakers,Ive been looking at various options, and because of cost, a Turbo or Supercharger is out, I have looked at repowering with a AU 111 5.0 L buying the complete changeover setup is cheap enough, but then they whack ya with decent bill for doin the job, so for now Im just gonna go for a stage 3 RPD cam, Hi-stall t/converter and a new computer, it's putting out 144rwkw at the moment..... but Im gonna be setting my sights at about 180 rwkw............. at least....... (maybe wishful thinkin on my part maybe)

Sounds good. I hope it all goes well. Let us know how she goes when you go with the stage 3 cam.

What type of JMM cam is there now? DEV3HL?

I've got a DEV3HL, extractors, hi flow cat, and 2 1/2" stainless exhaust. Check my gallery out to see how much power my baby is pumping out. Soon to be re-dynoed and expecting the figure to be higher.

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

lockz wrote:
Quote:
The $$$ of fuel and $$$ of Ethonal ?? Have yo thought about high compression engine deicated to run 100% or close to it ??? Tuned right should make morepower than normal unleaded.. You need to richen mixture up though compared to petrol as fuel???

never heard of anyone running 100% ethonal , can you even buy 100% ethonal from a service station....not saying it cant be done , go into some more detail if u could , sounds interesting....

yea I know there's NO place to buy this stuff .. Well?? There must be a independants can mix it into petrol??.
Here's some info....
http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index. ... ic=47094.0
IMO suger cane growers should be subsidised t make it and reatail seperate from FUEL companies...NOTHING like compitition!!!!!
Win - win as most the $$ stays here and not ol companies...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:59 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Yea.... its a Dev3hl, and, neat lil car u have too...... I noticed you have a manual, Ive an auto, gonna be interesting to see just how much more a stage 3 cam, and a new computer will give it, Im even thinking of going further than a stage 3, just need to enquire a lil more with a few and see what their comments are about it, see just how rough its gonna idle, and what the return is in comparison... an just take it from there...

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Denim wrote:
Yea.... its a Dev3hl, and, neat lil car u have too...... I noticed you have a manual, Ive an auto, gonna be interesting to see just how much more a stage 3 cam, and a new computer will give it, Im even thinking of going further than a stage 3, just need to enquire a lil more with a few and see what their comments are about it, see just how rough its gonna idle, and what the return is in comparison... an just take it from there...

How does the auto cope with the DEV3HL?

I would think about getting a DEV5 or something if you are considering an upgrade. IMO you wont get any more power from a "stage3" than you would your DEV3HL. In fact, if I were a betting man, I would say power would take a step in the backwards direction...

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:02 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

lol, downingj comes back with more RPD insults.

Not been agressive, but please do show me some proof of this, as I would like to know how you came up with that.

Anyway, not starting a s**t fight.

Welcome to the forums denim, and I hope you reach your goal! Nothing like seeing fast falcons out there.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

justfordima wrote:
lol, downingj comes back with more RPD insults.

Not been agressive, but please do show me some proof of this, as I would like to know how you came up with that.

Anyway, not starting a s**t fight.

Welcome to the forums denim, and I hope you reach your goal! Nothing like seeing fast falcons out there.

Cheers

Where't the insult(s)??? I don't see any... :?

As for proof. Alanis Morrisett would call it "ironic". I would call cheeky of you to ask.

I've asked RPD for proof several times on what gains can be expected with their stage 3 cams, and couldn't get an answer...

The DEV3HL equipped cars have consitantly pumped out 140-150rwk with the same basic mods (all on different dynos). There are at least three on this site that I know of. Most people with the RPD cam pump out around the 130 mark, again with the same basic mods (as per various dyno results posted on this site). Others have even said that they have "lost" power down lower in the dial (with the RPD cams), but gained it up top...

I wouldn't have thought that this would be insulting??? Isulting would be attacking you blokes personally, like some others on here do to other comapines out there. I don't have any beef with you blokes, you seem like nice guys.

It's all good :D

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:29 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Thanx for the welcome Justfordima........ I dont feel Downingj is hanging it on RPD... Ive been looking around somewhat before I went to JMM for the modifications, and I tell ya, I dont like parting with my hard earned cash like anyone else, I tend to feel his products are a lil over priced too but.... I have to admit, JMM DOES have the products, tried and tested, so therefore he can tell you what they can do, if anyone wants to comment on JMM for his service or anything else well... thats a different story.. personally.......I dont care too much about JM's past, its what he's selling to me I care about, and that he can back up what he says... I have not seen anything in my searches on the net that can guide me in a definite direction concerning on what I want to do, I havent seen any posting in here where someones gone from a Dev3hl cam to some other with some worthwhile improvement, I have called RPD in Syd concerning the stage 3 cam but, I WOULD love to hear and see figures that can be backed up with dyno reports, or whatever, and after reading quite a number of postings by Downingj, I do feel he does make sense in what he says, and so far, the Dev5 cam is top on the list unless someone can convince me otherwise with facts, instead of a..."MAN....this thing FLYS now with the new cam".... :-)

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Denim wrote:
Thanx for the welcome Justfordima........ I dont feel Downingj is hanging it on RPD... Ive been looking around somewhat before I went to JMM for the modifications, and I tell ya, I dont like parting with my hard earned cash like anyone else, I tend to feel his products are a lil over priced too but.... I have to admit, JMM DOES have the products, tried and tested, so therefore he can tell you what they can do, if anyone wants to comment on JMM for his service or anything else well... thats a different story.. personally.......I dont care too much about JM's past, its what he's selling to me I care about, and that he can back up what he says... I have not seen anything in my searches on the net that can guide me in a definite direction concerning on what I want to do, I havent seen any posting in here where someones gone from a Dev3hl cam to some other with some worthwhile improvement, I have called RPD in Syd concerning the stage 3 cam but, I WOULD love to hear and see figures that can be backed up with dyno reports, or whatever, and after reading quite a number of postings by Downingj, I do feel he does make sense in what he says, and so far, the Dev5 cam is top on the list unless someone can convince me otherwise with facts, instead of a..."MAN....this thing FLYS now with the new cam".... :-)

the dev5 cam by it's self will not get much past 150-160kw. much the same with any cam really, the head just doesn't flow the air for it. want more then that you will have to spend money on porting the head.

You dont have to buy anyones package deal to get power.
have the head ported and quote the flow numbers to a few cam companies and tell them what you want out of the car, they'll come up with a cam that suites YOUR head and YOUR needs. thats all JMM have done, got their ports sorted and came up with cams that suite them. take the effort away from you but you pay out the a*** for it

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:14 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

downingj, I posted up my dyno sheet, both of them in the RPD and the trackside forums.

Im yet to dyno it tuned, but I like quarter miles alot more, so thats what is happening this wednesday.

Data_mine is another result, hornet, and I can't remember all of them, but all were happy, and numbers around 150rwkw from memory.

Anyway, enough dyno talk... Ill just wait till wednesday.

After reading through my post, I misworded it. What I meant to say is you seem to like saying the RPD is a backwards step. As much as we appreciate your loyalty, its nice to prove you wrong :lol:

Good luck with your setup Denim, and at the end of they day, its your money, your decision.

Oh, and tickford_6 has a point there, you can't just chuch things together and hope.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

justfordima wrote:
downingj, I posted up my dyno sheet, both of them in the RPD and the trackside forums.

Im yet to dyno it tuned, but I like quarter miles alot more, so thats what is happening this wednesday.

Data_mine is another result, hornet, and I can't remember all of them, but all were happy, and numbers around 150rwkw from memory.

Anyway, enough dyno talk... Ill just wait till wednesday.

After reading through my post, I misworded it. What I meant to say is you seem to like saying the RPD is a backwards step. As much as we appreciate your loyalty, its nice to prove you wrong :lol:

Good luck with your setup Denim, and at the end of they day, its your money, your decision.

Oh, and tickford_6 has a point there, you can't just chuch things together and hope.

Cheers

I would have been happy to leave it at that, but you just had to say "nice to prove you wrong" didn't ya? :D

Check the last 3-5 comments on this thread:

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... &start=280

Either way, who cares? Each to their own I suppose...

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:40 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

""the dev5 cam by it's self will not get much past 150-160kw. much the same with any cam really, the head just doesn't flow the air for it. want more then that you will have to spend money on porting the head.""

I have a mildly worked head with a Dev3 cam, pacemakers, improved airflow,with a new computer and a Hi-stall comin soon, so now, Im after a fairly wild sortta cam, probably as wild as one can go, for street use.... :-) but the problem is..... WHICH ONE ..??.. (damn!!...decisions decisions)

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Denim wrote:
""the dev5 cam by it's self will not get much past 150-160kw. much the same with any cam really, the head just doesn't flow the air for it. want more then that you will have to spend money on porting the head.""

I have a mildly worked head with a Dev3 cam, pacemakers, improved airflow,with a new computer and a Hi-stall comin soon, so now, Im after a fairly wild sortta cam, probably as wild as one can go, for street use.... :-) but the problem is..... WHICH ONE ..??.. (damn!!...decisions decisions)

get the head on a flow bench and choose a cam that suites it

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2