Fordmods Logo

Moving ba xr6 turbo intercooler 

Page 5 of 9 [ 129 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2001 AU falcon

VIC, Australia

woodsy109 wrote:
Even IF you can detune it and get it legally certified as under 125kw/t, its still gonna cost you a couple of grand for the tuning/engineers cert/emmisions testing. I highly doubt that you would be allowed to drive it detuned anyway because it is too easy to return it to the old tune.

I say buy your gf a cheap car with the $4000 and stay out of debt. I'm assuming its her first car so she will probably damage it in some way so its best not to be your car that you spent so much time and money on. Then you can save some more and upgrade your car when you get your full licence.

another good point lol i wouldnt want to see that car get clobbered

but i was shoppin around the other day and i did come across these 2 things

http://www.snortperformance.com/ford_fa ... o_kits.htm

Turbo Kits- Ford Falcon EA-AU

New Release Stage 2 Turbo Kit ( 200-250+rwkw)

Base Turbo Kit Features:
1 x full custom s/steel tuned length turbo manifold
1 x Garrett to4e turbocharger (rated over 500hp)
oil & water cooled bearing , twin internal wastegate!!
1 x super billet b.o.v
1 x boost reference fuel regulator
1 x front mount intercooler (core size 600x300x76)
3 inch s/steel merge dump pipe with o2 sensor bung
Teflon braided oil feed lines, vclamps, oil sender t
Teflon oil drain lines gaskets and fittings
3 inch pod filter
Price: $2999.00 + $125.00 shipping
stage 2 kit with liquid/air intercooler kit $3499.00
All items are brand new and covered by 12 month manufacturer warranty.

when i read this i was pretty amazed at the price i have heard a fair bit about snort performence nothin bad yeah and i just thought that its fairly cheap for what u get

but anyway the other thing was

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Tickford-TS ... 240%3A1318

Brand new Tickford TS-50 Style fiberglass complete body kit to suit AU Falcon.

1 X front bumper,

2 x side skirts,

1 x rear bumper,

AU $690.00

so im tipping it will cost some where between the 300 - 600 mark to get this kit painted (i would fit it myself lol not hard)
end up costing 1000 - 1500 for a full ts50 body kit

i have been tossing up what to get between these 2 things over the last 2 days

either a massive power increase or....

A totally new awesome look

and im pretty sure ill end up getting the ts50 kit and put aside the rest of the money for next year because im sure the prices of a turbo kit might possibly get cheaper but who knows

so thats the plan at the moment

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

why do you think you need that much power?

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:00 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

fiftyone wrote:

i think id just have a little serenity knowing that the power is allways gunna be there

also have u driven a phoon?

the amount of force that thing puts on your body when it hits boost feels so amazing i cant even describe it and i want it lol all the time. ever since i drove it i have just wanted to feel that same feeling again. speed is like crack i reckon lol

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: BA MKII Fairlane GHIA

VIC, Australia

timmy1300000 wrote:
fiftyone wrote:

i think id just have a little serenity knowing that the power is allways gunna be there

the amount of force that thing puts on your body when it hits boost feels so amazing i cant even describe it and i want it lol all the time. ever since i drove it i have just wanted to feel that same feeling again. speed is like crack i reckon lol

you are a wanker...
maybe you should build a drag car or fly a plane you think street phoons have power you have no idea

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FPV BF MKII F6

QLD, Australia

Kenay wrote:
timmy1300000 wrote:
fiftyone wrote:

you are a wanker...
maybe you should build a drag car or fly a plane you think street phoons have power you have no idea

nothing wrong with my foon!!!!!

OBS35N is gooonnnneeee.
Gone for good..... Damn fence posts!!!!!

OBS35N #2 (XXF6XX) just bought, bring it on

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Kenay wrote:
timmy1300000 wrote:
fiftyone wrote:

you are a wanker...

yes i do think street phoons have alot of power
on a public road i would feel more comfortable racing in one of them than be in any other car nothing on the roads beats then

and wtf does a track car or a plane have to do with any of this

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

timmy1300000 wrote:
fiftyone wrote:

no i havent, but i intend to.

what makes you think your maturer enough to handle that power? we get one of these threads every month of some young person wanting this or that to go fast.

you know how many under 25 year olds are killed in car accidents? a few a week. the police have set these rules to protect you (AND OTHERS) and yet you flaunt those laws? do you rob banks as well?

i fail to see why you should be given the right to drive something so 'potentially' dangerous.

if you can show me your mature enough to drive a turbo/ high performance car, so be it. be starting a thread here stating your intentions to not only break the law, but conceal what you are doing make's me doubt this very much.

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
timmy1300000 wrote:
fiftyone wrote:

what makes you think your maturer enough to handle that power? we get one of these threads every month of some young person wanting this or that to go fast.

you know how many under 25 year olds are killed in car accidents? a few a week. the police have set these rules to protect you (AND OTHERS) and yet you flaunt those laws? do you rob banks as well?

i fail to see why you should be given the right to drive something so 'potentially' dangerous.

if you can show me your mature enough to drive a turbo/ high performance car, so be it. be starting a thread here stating your intentions to not only break the law, but conceal what you are doing make's me doubt this very much.

CASE CLOSED!
timmy dont wanna sound like an a***^^^^^^^ but fiftyone is right you drive like a manic now...im surprised you haven't killed yourself so imagine what it will be like when you have a turbo 6 ....tim + xr6t= casualty

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Kenay wrote:
fiftyone wrote:
timmy1300000 wrote:
fiftyone wrote:

CASE CLOSED!
timmy dont wanna sound like an a***^^^^^^^ but fiftyone is right you drive like a manic now...im surprised you haven't killed yourself so imagine what it will be like when you have a turbo 6 ....tim + xr6t= casualty

mk agreed i think i needed to hear something along those line fiftyone
thanks

so ts50 body kit it is

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

body kit and 20s with some airbags,

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

104ord wrote:

i dont know what u mean by some airbags

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

just to expand a little, im 21 raced karts and have been in to driving heaps.

i've had a head on and also had another minor incident in another car.

my current car is low on power and as much as i want it back, i cant really justify it as its fairly dangerous at speed anyway.

got a tip for you, i know your big in to cars and such. sign up for a few of those driving courses. they'll take you on a skid pan and let you really control your vehcile.

just a bit of friendly advice. dont take it personally, think of it as a FordMods reality check.

keep us posted with whats going on though mate

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:49 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
just to expand a little, im 21 raced karts and have been in to driving heaps.

i've had a head on and also had another minor incident in another car.

my current car is low on power and as much as i want it back, i cant really justify it as its fairly dangerous at speed anyway.

got a tip for you, i know your big in to cars and such. sign up for a few of those driving courses. they'll take you on a skid pan and let you really control your vehcile.

just a bit of friendly advice. dont take it personally, think of it as a FordMods reality check.

keep us posted with whats going on though mate

i have allready done defencive driving courses stage 1 and 2 cost around 600 was worth it

1st one was just breaking and handling of the car and a little bit of controled sliding
i dont know why they allmost teach u to to drift :?: they just changed the name lol

the second one was similar but more based on high speed manouvers like to say if a truck cuts u off on the freeway a safe way to avoid a wall or a collision with another car
just gives u more awareness at high speed it was so fun

also got to go on the skit pan at the end of the second course.

but the thing i liked most about the bloke that did my courses with me is that he ketp goin on about how speed doesnt kill just poor judgement and he made pretty good points to back it up. if u havnt done the courses i would say its a pretty good investment to your life lol i learnt a fair bit there.

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

timmy1300000 wrote:
104ord wrote:

airbag suspension so you can drag its a** down the street

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

104ord wrote:
timmy1300000 wrote:
104ord wrote:

airbag suspension so you can drag its a** down the street

i see ppl with airbags all the time all i can say is "YOU FUKIN WANKER"

dont understand the point of draggin your a** down the road you would wanna have some bloody good sheet metal to protect everything

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 9  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next