Fordmods Logo

Moving ba xr6 turbo intercooler 

Page 7 of 9 [ 129 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

its one of the group A ones with the 215 engine in them. I don't know specifics but know it ran mid-high 14's stock, and around a 13.3 now, but the trap speed was 106 or I'm fairly sure.

Obviously it has different headers/exhaust too, but I know the head had work done on the bowls, porting and the runners polished as well as a shave to bring compression back up. Not sure of cam specs but I know duration is way over 200 degrees and makes it a pig to drive on the street.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Nah a*** they don't....judging by your posts a ford fiesta would run a 13 before any Holden ever could.

Its cool though, you have a stocko i6 that blows blown 8's away. :roll:

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2001 AU falcon

VIC, Australia

skidder wrote:
its one of the group A ones with the 215 engine in them. I don't know specifics but know it ran mid-high 14's stock, and around a 13.3 now, but the trap speed was 106 or I'm fairly sure.

Obviously it has different headers/exhaust too, but I know the head had work done on the bowls, porting and the runners polished as well as a shave to bring compression back up. Not sure of cam specs but I know duration is way over 200 degrees and makes it a pig to drive on the street.

so the car i dragged wasnt that car.... so whats ur point i dont get what ur going on about

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

skidder wrote:
Nah a*** they don't....judging by your posts a ford fiesta would run a 13 before any Holden ever could.

oh yeah i forgot my car was stock and thats why it looses...........

get a fkn brain

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

blown vn with light engine work can be weapons.. a stocko i6 aint going to beat one..
and it realy doesnt count until you line up a blown 8 with your stocko i6 down the "quater mile" at an official track then posting up the time slips..

quater mile does not allow for "head starts"..
will have more grip.. (he probably was wheel spinnin)
and time's/speed at the end of the quater dont lie..

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
blown vn with light engine work can be weapons.. a stocko i6 aint going to beat one..
and it realy doesnt count until you line up a blown 8 with your stocko i6 down the "quater mile" at an official track then posting up the time slips..

quater mile does not allow for "head starts"..
will have more grip.. (he probably was wheel spinnin)
and time's/speed at the end of the quater dont lie..

yeah i agree with you. a track would decide better but the 2 times we dragged at the lights 1st time he just had wheel spinn up to about 60 so wouldnt even call it a drag but second time none at all and when i hit 160 he was a bout 1 1/2 to 2 leanths behind then i broke and he went flyin past me

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

timmy1300000 wrote:
skidder wrote:

get a fkn brain

haha, that sentence was obviously sarcasm. I think you should re read all your posts then ask yourself whether you should get a brain. Let's start with moving a stock intercooler so that when a cop 'pops the hood' he won't see the car is actually an xr6 turbo (never mind the intercooler piping or the turbo hanging off the side of the engine). I dunno about the 5 pages in between but this last one isnt any better.

I think you should get some vaseline, then ask a mod to move this out of the tech area into off topic and idle chit chat where you can talk about who beat who til your little hearts content.

End rant.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

skidder wrote:
timmy1300000 wrote:
skidder wrote:

get a fkn brain

haha, that sentence was obviously sarcasm. I think you should re read all your posts then ask yourself whether you should get a brain. Let's start with moving a stock intercooler so that when a cop 'pops the hood' he won't see the car is actually an xr6 turbo (never mind the intercooler piping or the turbo hanging off the side of the engine). I dunno about the 5 pages in between but this last one isnt any better.

I think you should get some vaseline, then ask a mod to move this out of the tech area into off topic and idle chit chat where you can talk about who beat who til your little hearts content.

End rant.

firstly moving the stocki ntercooler so it cant be see from the outside of the car .

secondly the pipes would be removed and relocated

thirdly custom make a heat sheild that covers the turbo and manifold

finally debadge

so whats wrong with this i have seen it done on 2 xr6t both of which where owned by p platers when the bonnet gets pooped u wouldnt be able to pick it unless u had allready been told the only problem that hit me was that it would be registered as an xr6t so as soon as its put into a cops comp thing they would know

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

also vasaline wtf?

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

also moving and relotcating and custom making cost them a fair bit of money thats another reason i decided against it

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

timmy1300000 wrote:
hey 104ord do u have a build thread i wanna have a look at your car or post up some pics or discribe it lol im sure i can picture it in my head haha

people tend to be stirred up pretty easily..
my car was built to be a sleeper.. 20 inch wheels, on its guts, it loves when i sink the right boot. off the line it leaves a couple of black lines till second gear (its about this point in which the commodore driver beside me regrets showin off to his mates against what looked to be a stock falcon) my falcon needs a tune again after i fitted my cold air intake i want to run a quicker time.. so far down the 1/4 it ran 13.8 @102mph with a 2.1 60ft its not fast but not too slow

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

104ord wrote:
timmy1300000 wrote:
hey 104ord do u have a build thread i wanna have a look at your car or post up some pics or discribe it lol im sure i can picture it in my head haha

people tend to be stirred up pretty easily..
my car was built to be a sleeper.. 20 inch wheels, on its guts, it loves when i sink the right boot. off the line it leaves a couple of black lines till second gear (its about this point in which the commodore driver beside me regrets showin off to his mates against what looked to be a stock falcon) my falcon needs a tune again after i fitted my cold air intake i want to run a quicker time.. so far down the 1/4 it ran 13.8 @102mph with a 2.1 60ft its not fast but not too slow

sounds pretty go to me :D

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:06 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

also tunes pwn i think 108 to 147 rwkw is what i got and at the time (which i was unaware of) i had 2 leaks in my exhaust 1 of the caltlyct converter gaskets was buggered and there was a big gaping hole in my muffler i got them both fixed when the resinator went on gave me more backpreasure so im tippin ill be around 150 but wont know till i get back on the dyno again :P

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

150rwkw in a stock AU 6? Get your hand off it mate. OED666 has an N/A ED with an AU motor, headwork, cam, Pacie Comps, 3" zorst, T56, 4.11s and pulled 165rwkw and ran a 13.8. Your stock POS will be lucky to run a 15.999 and pull 115rwkw

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

67RCE wrote:
150rwkw in a stock AU 6? Get your hand off it mate. OED666 has an N/A ED with an AU motor, headwork, cam, Pacie Comps, 3" zorst, T56, 4.11s and pulled 165rwkw and ran a 13.8. Your stock POS will be lucky to run a 15.999 and pull 115rwkw

why is my car stock? since when is my car stock wtf is wrong with u all

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 9  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next