Fordmods Logo

mustang s/c kits for falcons...cheaper? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: mustang s/c kits for falcons...cheaper?
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

been doing alot of research and to me it looks like supercharger kits for 87-95 5.0 american mustangs/cobras should fit EF - AU 5.0l falcons exept for the plumbing as the manifold is flipped 180 degrees, mainly id say due to being left hand drive. besides custom plumbingand maybe have to move a few other things around, these kits are way cheaper than anything else available here... 2.5k USD... or 3.5k AUD from capa...

anyone reckon this may be a goer or heard of anyone done it before?

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

oh btw, i havnt read alot about the BA- BF series coz i dont own one, but id say these 2 could fit imported american blowers for the 5.4l engine as id say they are all similar between the USA and aussie cars...

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

The EF-AU 5L donk has quite a different accessory setup to the 'fox body' mustang engines.... as well as the intake reversal, it means battery is on the "wrong side" as well... which is occupying prime supercharger real estate.

The mustang kits would work, but you're still back at square 1 for blower brackets and tuning... which, well, are really the key to a blower 'kit'....

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

yes, but i think if you swapped the battery and the air box you would be in business... maybe the abs is also in the way, not sure on that one... the brackets and pulleys should fit id say... plus you can still use the fmu, fuel pump, injectors, bracket and blower... thus all you would need is the plumbing and relocate a few items...?

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:10 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

AU ABS is in the engine bay, EF/EL are under the front guard area so shouldn't be an issue

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I guess what i meant is... the brackets that hold the p/s pump, air con etc are all different on the mustang HO...

And it's these accessory brackets - in conjunction with the block itself - that the blower brackets tend to rely heavily upon.

If you're handy fabricating that kind of thing, you'd be set.

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

ok, i have an AU so the ABS might be (probably is) in the way... as for the accessory brackets, i thought you basically throw away the stock brackets and replace them with new brackets that come with the blower then the new bracket mounts the blower AND the accessories??? having not done this before i dont know...

i was looking at the install manual for a 95 mustang vortech kit and the position of all the acceories looks the same as in my AU???

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

groper wrote:
ok, i have an AU so the ABS might be (probably is) in the way... as for the accessory brackets, i thought you basically throw away the stock brackets and replace them with new brackets that come with the blower then the new bracket mounts the blower AND the accessories??? having not done this before i dont know...

i was looking at the install manual for a 95 mustang vortech kit and the position of all the acceories looks the same as in my AU???

On the EB-EL 5L, the CAPA bracket utlises the power steer/air con bracket and braces itself on the block, just above the water pump.

Ive not tinkered with an AU engine, sorry! Does the 95 stang still run a smog pump like the 86-93 engines?

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

yes, and in its place on my au we have a tensioner... the capa kit is very different they mount on the aircon side yes... but i was thinking of mounting it on the other side using the 95 mustang bracket, which swaps the alternator down low and the blower goes in where the alternator was. As for the smog pump, i was thinking of getting one from a US wrecker and running it as a dummy idler or perhaps fitting the original tensioner with some fiddling...?

This would work sweet apart from the abs, esp with an intercooler as the plumbing would go nicely across the engine through the intercooler to the correct side for connection to the intake manifold...

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

groper wrote:
yes, and in its place on my au we have a tensioner... the capa kit is very different they mount on the aircon side yes... but i was thinking of mounting it on the other side using the 95 mustang bracket, which swaps the alternator down low and the blower goes in where the alternator was. As for the smog pump, i was thinking of getting one from a US wrecker and running it as a dummy idler or perhaps fitting the original tensioner with some fiddling...?

This would work sweet apart from the abs, esp with an intercooler as the plumbing would go nicely across the engine through the intercooler to the correct side for connection to the intake manifold...

Pretty sure the blokes in the USA blank out the smog pump with an idler pulley, so i dont imagine it would be a very difficult excercise for you to get hold of an idler for that task....?

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

no im not worried about that... the only thing stopping me is making the desicion to do it the hard way to try and save some coin or pay the $$$ and do it the easy way... im almost certain it would be possible using a mustang kit without too much dramas... :(

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]