my 66 turbo mustang 

Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: my 66 turbo mustang
Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1966 mustang

QLD, Australia

OK Back again another update... about 2-3 weeks ago the gearbox lost 3rd and 4th gear. Have just got a ef falcon for $200 that is smashed all over.The car has got no computer so could not test the gearbox out.

Anyway this week and last week been pulling out the gearboxes, and also ordered brand new lifters and a JP High volume oil pump, so i pulled the engine and gearbox out of mustang and put oilpump and lifters in and have also just ordered a new high stall converter.

Few months ago i did the adjustable shift kit thing and it worked great, just hope that wasnt the thing that has stuffed my box or they just cant handle much power!!?

Hopefully new stally gets here before the end of the week and have the car on the road again on the weekend.

Ohh another thing i have cut all the plugs off the EF and have wired my ems upto it all so after car is running ill change over the loom and see if it goes with the ems and then ill get around to getting injectors and fuelpump and TUNE.

1966 mustang 4Litre GT45, 560cc injectors, Walbro 550intank, 4spd auto 2700stall,Ems Stinger.
330Rwhp @10psi.

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Hey bud car looks good, was the torana that beat you green

New project 5.4l 331ci S380R, 8.2 4.125 Man o war, Billet LAE crank, Jon Kaase Heads, Pauter Rods, JE pistons

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:15 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Bored so i thought i would check the site out, i think the torana was brown.. not sure cant rememer.. ok sinch last post have had car dyno tuned, and been back to the drags and have since done a 13.1@109mph on a 35degree day:( was not very happy i wanted to crack a 12 on 10psi.

Hopefully next time i go back to drags it wont be as hot and will run my 12something.

Heres a pic of dyno sheet.
Attachment:
File comment: Mustang tune 10psi.
mustang tune.jpg
mustang tune.jpg [ 270.38 KiB | Viewed 248 times ]

1966 mustang 4Litre GT45, 560cc injectors, Walbro 550intank, 4spd auto 2700stall,Ems Stinger.
330Rwhp @10psi.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:49 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Love what you have done with the car mate and great time!!! Those temps are horrible so dont stress, you would have run anywhere from mid to high 12s in better conditions. What was your 60ft time?

2003 BA XR6 - Intercooled Vortech Supercharger 243rwkw @ 8psi - 13.09 @ 109.6mph

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Time for a C4 dude and crank more boost :D

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hey im not sure about my 60ft time as i left my time slips at my mates place. but i think it was around 2.1-2.2 which is absolutely terrible.On the day a mate was with me in his VE SS which has done a best of 13.5, on the day we went he was only getting mid to low 14's so i do beleive i would have managed a 12 quite easily on a more suitable day.

I need a bigger stally, the 2700 does not do much for me.. or i just need better brakes?

C4 or glide would be nice. but the 4spd auto is so good for everyday driving.

In a few weeks my car will be out of rego, time for it to come off the road for a while and save some money for some decent suspension front and rear and probably a retune and some more boost.

Hoping to have all this done b4 Powercruise Qld.

Here is links to the mad front and rear end :)
http://www.rcmotorsports.net/RearCoiloverKit.html
http://www.rcmotorsports.net/Pg4Link.html

330Rwhp @10psi.

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU1 VCT & AU2 XL

NSW, Australia

mustang6 wrote:
I need a bigger stally, the 2700 does not do much for me.. or i just need better brakes?

In a few weeks my car will be out of rego, time for it to come off the road for a while and save some money for some decent suspension front and rear and probably a retune and some more boost.

I think what you have is terrific already.

Keep the 4spd auto and buy a higher stall if required. More streetable boost, higher stall will be a great combo.

Your a great inspiraction as I want to do SOHC forced induction motor similar to yours but with an XK-XP Falcon instead.

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Thanks phillyc, Yeh a boosted sohc would be awesome in an xk-p dont think they would weigh a real lot even a non boosted sohc would go excellent,
\ Cant really get much higher stallies for these boxes? as they dont greab top gear or something? or is that all lies>

phillyc wrote:
mustang6 wrote:

I think what you have is terrific already.

Keep the 4spd auto and buy a higher stall if required. More streetable boost, higher stall will be a great combo.

Your a great inspiraction as I want to do SOHC forced induction motor similar to yours but with an XK-XP Falcon instead.

330Rwhp @10psi.

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU1 VCT & AU2 XL

NSW, Australia

mustang6 wrote:
Thanks phillyc, Yeh a boosted sohc would be awesome in an xk-p dont think they would weigh a real lot even a non boosted sohc would go excellent,
\ Cant really get much higher stallies for these boxes? as they dont greab top gear or something? or is that all lies>

phillyc wrote:
mustang6 wrote:

Your a great inspiration as I want to do SOHC forced induction motor similar to yours but with an XK-XP Falcon instead.
Happy to offer the compliments. From the looks / performance of your beast you deserve compliments.

Re: Auto. Lies? Not entirely sure. But, i've been mucking about with Sniper tuning and it allows you to control all the shift parameters / tables. Having the adaptive shift auto there is about 20-30 tables... I noted you use an EMS stinger. So i'm not really sure what is controlling your box. Is it a powertrain module or the EMS? I take it the box is an electronically controlled BTR 4spd? Does your box already lock the torque convertor in 4th gear? In the EECV, the lock up of the torque convertor in 3rd (when shift selector is in 3rd gear position) & 4th gears is programmable and entirely dependent on driveshaft speed and MAP sensor reading. I guess the whole not getting into top is probably confusion about the torque convertor not locking up. This would be caused because for the axle speed you have too high a throttle opening and the MAP sensor thinks your trying to accelerate (not cruise) and therefore keeps the convertor unlocked to improve performance. Just my theory anyway!

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Here is a video in my mustang 0-180, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_MZD_PPX0s

Am currently putting a ba xr8 bonnet bulge onto the mustang, and saving some money for a new plenum then i will re register and drive again.

Its just not the same driving my ke tx3 turbo as a daily lol.

330Rwhp @10psi.

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NA Fairlane

VIC, Australia

maaaate, what a beast!

always good to see something done differently, and done properly

kudos to you sir!

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

RobboXE wrote:
maaaate, what a beast!

always good to see something done differently, and done properly

kudos to you sir!

Thanks mate.

330Rwhp @10psi.

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

With the serious torque these motors make a TH400 is cheaper to build strong compared to C4's...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
With the serious torque these motors make a TH400 is cheaper to build strong compared to C4's...

Yeah i was thinking that, but ill see how this 4spd auto lasts, if it lasts a while i might just get another stocker and wait for it to blow.. lol

330Rwhp @10psi.

Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:29 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: EF Turbo & ED N/A 6

WA, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:

+1

Having allfast over here in WA put a TH400 into my turbo was one of the best things Ive
done... The box has silky smooth gear changes, will def handle the power and is fully
manualised... Its ace....

EF ECTIV
Garrett T04E, Custom grind 'Surecam', 55lbs injectors, polished plenum, 3 inch turbo exhaust,
T400 box, hi-stall, heavy duty tailshaft, KAAZ Diff with 3.91 ratio,
Coming Soon: Built forged motor & T04Z
"The ED" daily - SOLD
On the lookout for a cheap, stock EF

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next