Fordmods Logo

My New Car!!! 

Page 4 of 8 [ 120 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

I only gave him s**t after he tried to give me s**t for having a good car at a young age. I know my car is nothing special, but im still guna treat it with respect. I believe that if you dont treat a car with respect then it will come round and bit you on ur a***.

68stang- Your car isnt special, my car isnt special but i bet you yours is special to you, i bet you love your car and wouldnt want anyone to damage it would you??? So why get up me for defending my self and my car and for the last time I DIDNT CRASH IT
The lady crashed into me
And for you to say im glad he crashed it just makes you look like a d**k

Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Here are some pics
It doesnt look that bad cos it aint really, just needs a new door and to have the rear one either resprayed (i would prefure this) or to have it fixed up a little bit and to have the side skirt resprayed.

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

That's a pretty decent knock.. just how quickly was this woman going?

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

She was going pretty fast, i dont know how fast exactly but yea she ran into me hard. I couldnt open the door for awhile till i got the panel beaters to use a big a*** wedge and hammer to wedge the door open.

I finally got it regersted in my name and f**k me talk about the hassels with it...... I took it to one place for a Roadworthy and the guy said he wont touch it cos its been modded, ie he said they didnt come with a intercooler from factory and even when i pointed out the big ingraving on the factory intake piping saying "Turbocharged Intercooled" he still didnt believe me, what a C**k.

So i am putting a thingy out to let everyone in Canberra NOT to go to a place called kevin's Auto repairs in Fyswick.

But the guys in d**k where really good and helped me out so now it is rego'd and insured after spending 1,900 bucks yeastereday. Im happy anyway

Griffo

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Mustang

NSW, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
I only gave him s**t after he tried to give me s**t for having a good car at a young age. I know my car is nothing special, but im still guna treat it with respect. I believe that if you dont treat a car with respect then it will come round and bit you on ur a***.

68stang- Your car isnt special, my car isnt special but i bet you yours is special to you, i bet you love your car and wouldnt want anyone to damage it would you??? So why get up me for defending my self and my car and for the last time I DIDNT CRASH IT
The lady crashed into me
And for you to say im glad he crashed it just makes you look like a d**k

Griffo

lol not special? A 68 mustang is a hell of a lot more special than a 2003 BA XR6 Turbo lol. Why? because its a classic muscle car. Because its a motoring icon. Because its a hell of a lot rarer. oh and i dare say its worth a hell of alot more than yours lol.

yeah your car may special to you and thats fine. But there is no need to be C**k about it and put other people down. I dont read anywhere anyone giving you s**t for having a good car.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:02 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Fairmont EF

WA, Australia

lol no one has givin griffo s**t in this forum? i rekon some people are jelous i no i am i hope i can afford a car like that in a years time. same thing happoened to my brother the day he got his license some stupid woman in a 4WD reversed into the side of him. mate great car hope the repairs go well, i no wat its like to be young, respect the car you drive and still be getting s**t from old buggers thinking they were so much better than us just coz they grew up in the 1950's... :P

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

If you read on the first page 68stang you will see bowsaw start been a smart a*** cos i am happy that my mate and i have both got the cars/bikes we want and we are only 18.

I have nothing but respect for Mustangs, they are one of the greatest cars ever to be made BUT i believe that you will be hard pressed to get more then 25g's for your stang unless it is a actual rare stang like a Mk One fastback BUT in saying this i know your car is going to hold its value much more then mine and i know that. So i wouldnt be so cacky about your own car either mate.

Its going on on Wednesday so im getting excited about ahving it in Top Condition. I will get some more photos once i have it fixed.

Griffo

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

68stang wrote:
lol not special? A 68 mustang is a hell of a lot more special than a 2003 BA XR6 Turbo lol. Why? Because its a hell of a lot rarer. oh and i dare say its worth a hell of alot more than yours lol.

Do you have any idea how many mustangs they made per year back in those days? We are talking hundreds of thousands. Who is the C**k one now? And your car is only worth around 5-10k more than his at this point in time.

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Griffo the damage don't even look that bad. Bit of a pain in the a*** to fix but for what you describe happened you got it easy.

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

i just want to ask who payed for the BA XR6 turbo? your parents?

Slavery, gets s**t done!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Leave him alone he only was silly enuf to bite at one of bonesaw/stefs dumbass comments and half the forum jumps down his throat. Hes 18 geez give him a break... I had a xf that ran 12's when i was 18 yrs old WOW r u gonna beat me down now for having a powerful car when i "supposedly" cant drive????

Good luck griffo enjoy it while your still young (that being said be safe :))

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Mustang

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
68stang wrote:
lol not special? A 68 mustang is a hell of a lot more special than a 2003 BA XR6 Turbo lol. Why? Because its a hell of a lot rarer. oh and i dare say its worth a hell of alot more than yours lol.

Do you have any idea how many mustangs they made per year back in those days? We are talking hundreds of thousands. Who is the C**k one now? And your car is only worth around 5-10k more than his at this point in time.

Your argument is dumb. Whilst alot of Mustangs were made, there arnt a hell of alot left that are in original or even restored condition anymore, ESPECIALLY not in Australia. Muastangs were originally about 2500 when they first came out if iirc mines now worth in excess of 45grand (least thats what its insured for lol), probably more when i get the paint redone. Thats almost 20 times its original cost price. A 2003 BA XR6t in 40 years time will be worth pretty well nothing.

So yeah pretty silly trying to argue that BA XR6t is more special than a mustang xcabbi, may hold specialness to him but thats as far as it goes.

The original point is that nowhere did anyone insult him about his car and he then lashed out on bowsaw for no apparent reason.

Griffo i apologise for saying im glad u had the accident, to be honest i had had a few and was being a d**k and i didnt mean it. Dont get me wrong a XR6 turbo is an awesome car and especially for a guy your age.

Anyway i think we all got a lil off topic. Cool car and sucks that that lady crashed into it.

:)

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

I paid for the car, there is no way in hell my folks would/could buy it for me.
I finished school had a couple months off living off my folks which was gay then i got a full time job for a month and a half (now almost 4months) and got a loan for it. I wanted it, i knew what i had to do to get it so i did it. The only thing my folks are helping me with is the insurence. I have to pay for petrol, any work that i want to do to it, rego and all that kinda stuff.
Thanks for all the nice comments and i am sorry for going off my tits over nothing really.

68Stang im sorry if i had a go at you, i didnt me to offend you if i have. I love stangs, my fav would be the Sliver 67 with the plates MY 67, its got a the retro gear as well as the old school mustang look. It would out handle alot of modern cars.

OH ANOTHER big thing...... on my way to work i got run up the a*** of a guy in a regal homes work ute cos its raining. I could see him coming up behind me and i tried to crep forward but he still hit me, the GOOD NEWS is that he only hit my tow ball. So i am now going to leave the tow ball on there permently.

Griffo

Ps. Also did that Boost controller clean thingy, i think its going better now, more up top i think

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NFturbo,xfturbo

VIC, Australia

nice car mate i am thinking of get a F6 Turbo myself but not too shore

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Yea i would ahve loved to have got a F6 but i cant afford that much.

I have mods that i am thinking about and i would like everyones opinion:
1. Buy a flash tuner
2. Buy bigger fuel pump (what size??? 500hp one)
3. Buy Bigger injectors (again what is the better size???)
4. Get exhaust, i got quoted 1,650 for Full exhaust, dump pipe, hi flow cat all 3" but iw as thinking if i just get a good dump pipe and hi-flow cat and maybe rear muffler removed that would do well to and save me some money

Thats all so far then eventually i will get a new intake manifold and intercooler so i can have the really short pipe work. Make it like a home job Nizpro kit.

What does everyone think???

Griffo

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 8  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next