Fordmods Logo

non running F6 TYPHOON 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:51 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 69

Joined: 7th Apr 2009

Ride: FG F6 310

Location: Boronia
VIC, Australia

hi guys,

im looking at repossessed non running f6 (BF mk1, ZF), its a very good price, excellent condition
and low K's, just not running?

it's for sale as a "pre-auction",

engine has not been scaned for fault codes, but has had a compression test
which was all good.

what risk's are there and what could be wrong?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 5889

Joined: 2nd Mar 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: '14 Grand Cherokee

Location: Port Lincoln
SA, Australia

hope the autos not screwed. Upwards of $10,000 for a new one.

 

_________________

11/93 ED OPT20 GLi | Full Boat Spec

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

alfy wrote:
hope the autos not screwed. Upwards of $10,000 for a new one.


Give it a while when the wrecking yards will start to fill up with FG II's. All models got the ZF as standard so there is no reason to justify the 10k price tag for an auto box.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:43 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 270

Joined: 13th Dec 2010

Ride: ba xr6t ute

Location: perth
WA, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
alfy wrote:
hope the autos not screwed. Upwards of $10,000 for a new one.

there is no reason to justify the 10k price tag for an auto box.


depends what context your speaking in LOL
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

JIM89 wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
alfy wrote:
hope the autos not screwed. Upwards of $10,000 for a new one.

there is no reason to justify the 10k price tag for an auto box.


depends what context your speaking in LOL


A garden variety zf 6 speed which is available in every model falcon from Egas XT right through to the supercharged 5.0 GT. A box which was reportedly used in BMW's over a decade ago.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 623

Joined: 24th May 2007

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 97 TICKFORD XR6 Manaul

Location: Aldinga Beach
SA, Australia

for that price id by it any way

event if the trans if fked
you could get a stanard ba and use that as a donor car or put the f6 motor in a EA-L
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:39 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 5051

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

Location: Westside
VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
JIM89 wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
alfy wrote:
hope the autos not screwed. Upwards of $10,000 for a new one.

there is no reason to justify the 10k price tag for an auto box.


depends what context your speaking in LOL


A garden variety zf 6 speed which is available in every model falcon from Egas XT right through to the supercharged 5.0 GT. A box which was reportedly used in BMW's over a decade ago.


They are all different boxes. The Aussie ZF boxes are a custom build... And Ford Oz use 2 versions of the one box, maybe 3 now.

The garden variety ZF that is used behind N/A cars are generally cheap to buy when they pop up. But behind anything with power, they would last a few seconds.

The high torque version used on Turbos and FPV's are more expensive to buy.

Dunno if there is a 3rd version now for the S/C engines, or if FPV are using this as their main box.

Rebuild wise they are apparently pretty cheap. As expensive as a BTR to rebuild, unless there are smashed internal components.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:46 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 69

Joined: 7th Apr 2009

Ride: FG F6 310

Location: Boronia
VIC, Australia

Thanks for the reply's,

Im now seriously considering buying the car,
i have now got more info....
all the electrics are good, the starter motor will crank but the engine
wont start up?? faulty electronic ignition module?

any input is appreciated
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:32 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 34

Joined: 12th Jan 2008

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR6T, 01 DRZ400E, 08 YZ250

Location: Hoppers Crossing
VIC, Australia

scud wrote:
Thanks for the reply's,

Im now seriously considering buying the car,
i have now got more info....
all the electrics are good, the starter motor will crank but the engine
wont start up?? faulty electronic ignition module?

any input is appreciated


If you have access to a scan tool start with that and look for codes.
If not start with the basics
Is there any spark from the coils?
Check for an injector pulse.
Is there any fuel pressure? Could possibly need a fuel pump?

Needs to be looked into a bit more
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 28

Joined: 27th Mar 2011

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

scud wrote:
Thanks for the reply's,

Im now seriously considering buying the car,
i have now got more info....
all the electrics are good, the starter motor will crank but the engine
wont start up?? faulty electronic ignition module?

any input is appreciated



I was gunna say. Why would a buggered gear box be the reason the car wouldn't start?

I don't know that much about newer cars, however; Could it not be something a little simpler.
Sounds like my 1981 Suzuki GSX when it had (just a simple) blocked fuel filter.

In my mind if it had a faulty electronic ignition module, the engine wouldn't crank. It would just do nothing. (like my faulty BEM/smartlock did till I by-passed it).

And you say all other electronics are good.

I think the problem sounds a little more old-school than tech. (however, I've never owned a car newer than 93. Just my thoughts). :idea:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

repossessed & not running....... why bother

how do you know the previous owner didnt crack the s**t having his car taken off him and sabotaged the f**k thing

why wouldnt it be running?....... too many possibilities, if you cant problem solve the reason for it not running then why would you seriously consider purchasing it?

whats the price on it?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:51 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

maybe like ford faimont said, the owner thought well im loosing my car so stuff it...
might have filled the fuel tank with water???? lol

or the car might have had a issue that was going to cost the original owner more than he could afford to fix? considering he obviously couldnt pay for the car!!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 5051

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

Location: Westside
VIC, Australia

Or maybe it just has no spark plugs in it. :D

That'd head f**k a finance repossessor.

I don't get how people would ruin the car or house, or whatever. It only devalues the item, and means they have to pay out of pocket more to cover the difference.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:05 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 69

Joined: 7th Apr 2009

Ride: FG F6 310

Location: Boronia
VIC, Australia

thanks guys, i didnt end up purchasing the car. to many possible issues.

but i did buy a different car, with no issues.

FG F6 in steel, with lots of options.

what an epic car! i am loving it.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: non running F6 TYPHOON
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 28

Joined: 27th Mar 2011

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Awwwwwe.
I love happy endings. :lol:
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ed5sp and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:14 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names