Fordmods Logo

Pics of ute back on the road 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

and a hi flo cat and 3 inch exhaust. but it was an xt to begin with. but the tuner hadnt told me it was his first flash tune. im taking it elsewhere and we will try again. you should make the magic 300 with that list of mods. good luck

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: VZ SS 6Ltr ute, Honda VFR800

VIC, Australia

The two things that are gonna hold ya back are the fuel pump and actuator... When ya get the actuator done are you gonna get the wastegate ported and bigger flapper valve fitted??

What intercooler you getting? I'm running a Process West stg1 (my 2nd after market cooler)

My Cars
2006 VZ SS cammed 6Ltr ute 295rwkW
2004 BA XR6T - 290rwkW 12.5@113mph ( SOLD )
1996 EFII Fairmont - 130rwkW 15.5@91mph ( SOLD )

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

spot on Mr Kiss.
griffo an in tank fuel pump is <$200 to buy, if C & V install it for you you'll be looking at about $400. although the pump is easy enough to do yourself, the hardest bit is removing the tub or the tank to get access to the pump... it is possible to just remove the tubliner and cut out the bit of sheet metal over the bit where the pump is, you will see what i mean if you take the tubliner out.
i wouldnt push more than 12psi with the standard pump either.... you may make 300rwkw with the standard actuator, but it wont hold boost at high rpm, so power is likely to drop off at high revs...
what cooler kit do you plan on using? i also use a process west cooler, and have found it to be much better than my old monza/wog cooler.

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Yea i dont want more then 12psi if that at all.

The ute came with the Monza front mount.... not the best i know but still its better then stock.
I plain on getting a plazaman kits so nothing will be stock on either the hot intake side or the cool intake side and a plenium and all that.

So by then i will have all this work, the 12psi actuator and the in tank fuel pump then all that but i will stil only run 12psi

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

I could fit the pump myself easy as.... and prob the boost actuator or at least take it to someone to cut down on the labour costs..... I did that with my auto gearbox :lol:

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Valve springs are in...... Rear Leaves are in (sitting alot better, prob still not lower enough but we will see) and leaving 530 tomorrow morning to get the tune yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Boy

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Got it tuned..... 306.2rwkw :shock:

It goes SO much harder!!! I am really happy with it, CV Performance did a good job and where very help full and friendly

Here are some pics of the weekend in Sydney

Me just arriving at CV Performance

It inside the work shop getting the injectors and new plugs fitted

Just sitting on the dyno waiting to be tuned... lol it looks like i have GT seats, must be a reflection

Back at the hotel after the work was done

Some skyline parked next to me

these guys made me very happy :D

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Post subject: Re: Pics of ute back on the road
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Hey, i just thought i might post up some pics of my ute in action...

All the video's r of my ute except the one that looks like its in the middle of a city, that is just one i have of a ute that looks alot like mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzopJK2MApY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-x-s5nxBJE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH26jKtVqO0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWCkuN6ozy0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj4VRgCUG9Q

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Couldnt help my self seeing another ute on here.

First thing, looks nice. And I agree with the others saying the colour looks good. Dont see many wearing that skin.

Ill lay it out straight.

C&V are know in Sydney for lean, 'high power' tunes. A leaner mixture will give more power but its a risk. I know MANY people who have been there and the car has been pinging its guts out.

Im not saying you shouldnt go there, just something to think about.

As for a few mods, the fuel pump, injectors and valve springs ARE A MUST. If you dont have these done your are wasting your time and money. Save a few more bucks if need be and get what it needs to start making power.

Did my mates 03 XR6T sedan 2 weeks ago. He wanted something that was 'stealth' so he fitted an F6 intercooler (the ONLY noticable mod), fuel pump, injectors and valve springs. The standard exhaust is still on the car and it produced 292 rwkw on 12.5 psi.

You dont have to change the actuator, usless you only want the have __psi boost. The ECU can manage a steady boost curve.

My car, I did in 2 stages.

Stage 1 - Exhaust and tune. Over boosted with the exhaust but did 273 rwkw.

Stage 2 - Exhaust, intercooler, pump, injectors, 12psi tune and runs a healthy 325 rwkw. Also fitted a heavy pressure plate with organic friction disc.

End of the day its YOUR car, YOU do the mods YOU want. Just want to let you what I have done.

Should note my exhaust, its a 4" dump, 3.5" cat and then 2x2.5" pipes with 2 mufflers, Xforce if your wondering.
If you do the math, a single 3" pipe has a smaller area than the 2x2.25" pipes standard.
And the 2x2.5" pipes I run are fractionly larger in internal area than the 3.5" from the cat.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

BFXR6T wrote:
Couldnt help my self seeing another ute on here.

First thing, looks nice. And I agree with the others saying the colour looks good. Dont see many wearing that skin.

Ill lay it out straight.

C&V are know in Sydney for lean, 'high power' tunes. A leaner mixture will give more power but its a risk. I know MANY people who have been there and the car has been pinging its guts out.

Im not saying you shouldnt go there, just something to think about.

As for a few mods, the fuel pump, injectors and valve springs ARE A MUST. If you dont have these done your are wasting your time and money. Save a few more bucks if need be and get what it needs to start making power.

Did my mates 03 XR6T sedan 2 weeks ago. He wanted something that was 'stealth' so he fitted an F6 intercooler (the ONLY noticable mod), fuel pump, injectors and valve springs. The standard exhaust is still on the car and it produced 292 rwkw on 12.5 psi.

You dont have to change the actuator, usless you only want the have __psi boost. The ECU can manage a steady boost curve.

My car, I did in 2 stages.

Stage 1 - Exhaust and tune. Over boosted with the exhaust but did 273 rwkw.

Stage 2 - Exhaust, intercooler, pump, injectors, 12psi tune and runs a healthy 325 rwkw. Also fitted a heavy pressure plate with organic friction disc.

End of the day its YOUR car, YOU do the mods YOU want. Just want to let you what I have done.

Should note my exhaust, its a 4" dump, 3.5" cat and then 2x2.5" pipes with 2 mufflers, Xforce if your wondering.
If you do the math, a single 3" pipe has a smaller area than the 2x2.25" pipes standard.
And the 2x2.5" pipes I run are fractionly larger in internal area than the 3.5" from the cat.

I understand what your saying mate and i have also heard some stories but as far as i am concerned they have been the NICEST & MOST FRIENDLY & LESS LIKELY TO PUT OTHER WORK SHOPS DOWN then everyone else and they have also, so far (note i have had two XR6T's tuned by them) done an AWESOME job at the tune and according to the Air:Fuel ratio on the dyno sheet i have it doesnt run lean.

You are the 1st person i have heard anywhere say you dont need a actuator, i know people that work at performance shops and i have also talked to alot of performance shops when i was shopping around for someone to tune my car and they ALL say at this stage i should DEFINATLY be looking at an actuator.

It is also very weird (correct me if im wrong people) for your mate to have pretty much 300rwkw (292) with a standard exhaust, either way it must be at its limits.

A 3.5" exhaust is a perfectly fine sized one for these cars and it works perfectly on my ute and i dont think people have needed to go bigger unless they are chassing HIGH power like 500+rwkw mark.

And also im not trying to have a dig at you but you are saying really that you have the EXACT same mods as my ute minus the fuel pump (on my behalf) and we have the same amount of power give or take???????? and also note that i am doing the fuel pump (maybe surge tank) soon

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2