Fordmods Logo

Porting head for turbo?. 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1960

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

Location: Under the flight path of incoming packpackers
NSW, Australia

and dont forget the drive train... 5k there as a minimum
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

CHEF wrote:
and dont forget the drive train... 5k there as a minimum


I think a spool and a beefed up C4 come in at under 5k for sure. :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:54 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

xcabbi wrote:
CHEF wrote:
and dont forget the drive train... 5k there as a minimum


I think a spool and a beefed up C4 come in at under 5k for sure. :)



add in the shifter, stally, the trans cooler, oil , the new bearings for the diff, custom tail shaft, C4 to OHC bellhousing and fitting costs

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4305

Joined: 6th Jul 2005

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

i think hes scared off by those figures. :P
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1960

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

Location: Under the flight path of incoming packpackers
NSW, Australia

and an LSD if its still a single spinner
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:33 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 205

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Location: geelong
VIC, Australia

Southy wrote:
i think hes scared off by those figures. :P


Not at all i know its going to cost big dollars. Im just throwing a few ideas around and thinking about what i want to do with the car. In regards to the driveline if im making more power everything down the line will need to be looked at from clutch right through to the diff. Its a manual t5 at the moment so when this all goes ahead i dont expect that to live long at all.

Anyone had any experiance with the g force t5 boxes?. That might be an option other than a tremec.

Cheers
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:27 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 868

Joined: 23rd Sep 2005

Ride: eb falcon

Location: kadina
SA, Australia

no, but i think they would be great alternative, id like a straight cut dog box, but would probably buy a helical cut dog box

 

_________________

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:51 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 205

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Location: geelong
VIC, Australia

ebs_4l wrote:
no, but i think they would be great alternative, id like a straight cut dog box, but would probably buy a helical cut dog box


I think the helical cut gears with syncros would be the go. It would be a bit of a pain driving a dog box on the street and the noise would more than likely drive you crazy after awhile.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:56 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 868

Joined: 23rd Sep 2005

Ride: eb falcon

Location: kadina
SA, Australia

yea, but shouldnt be noisy with helical gears and dog engagment, dogs dont really make any noise, just the straight cut gears do.. you can pick a wrx with straight cuts a mile away lol

 

_________________

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:07 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 205

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Location: geelong
VIC, Australia

I wonder what the legalities are regarding strait cut gears and the amount of noise they make?.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
CHEF wrote:
and dont forget the drive train... 5k there as a minimum


I think a spool and a beefed up C4 come in at under 5k for sure. :)



add in the shifter, stally, the trans cooler, oil , the new bearings for the diff, custom tail shaft, C4 to OHC bellhousing and fitting costs


Lets break this down.

Shifter - 350 bucks
Stally - 800 bucks
Trans cooler - anyone know how much a cab cooler costs? They are much larger than a BnM with inbuilt fan and a s**t cheaper too

Oil - 90 bucks for a fill (service price usually includes a new filter)

Diff bearings - cheaper than a stocko rebuild cause a spool has no pinion bearings. Be about 3 to 400 to have one fitted

Custom shaft - How big do you want to go? Under 300 bucks fitted.

Gearbox - Dominello in sydney sell a full manual box with bellhousing for around 3k.

That all comes to $4940. Only thing missing is the transcoller price as I can't come up with one off the top of my head. Pretty close to the 5k I mentioned.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

mattymc wrote:
I wonder what the legalities are regarding strait cut gears and the amount of noise they make?.
Same as for exhaust noise I'd assume. But the EPS classifies it as mechanical noise. Don't know how they would test it differently from exhaust noise?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

xcabbi wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
CHEF wrote:
and dont forget the drive train... 5k there as a minimum


I think a spool and a beefed up C4 come in at under 5k for sure. :)



add in the shifter, stally, the trans cooler, oil , the new bearings for the diff, custom tail shaft, C4 to OHC bellhousing and fitting costs


Lets break this down.

Shifter - 350 bucks
Stally - 800 bucks
Trans cooler - anyone know how much a cab cooler costs? They are much larger than a BnM with inbuilt fan and a s**t cheaper too

Oil - 90 bucks for a fill (service price usually includes a new filter)

Diff bearings - cheaper than a stocko rebuild cause a spool has no pinion bearings. Be about 3 to 400 to have one fitted

Custom shaft - How big do you want to go? Under 300 bucks fitted.

Gearbox - Dominello in sydney sell a full manual box with bellhousing for around 3k.

That all comes to $4940. Only thing missing is the transcoller price as I can't come up with one off the top of my head. Pretty close to the 5k I mentioned.

you really need to go rethink those prices. you're way off

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 170

Joined: 10th Nov 2005

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
CHEF wrote:
and dont forget the drive train... 5k there as a minimum


I think a spool and a beefed up C4 come in at under 5k for sure. :)



add in the shifter, stally, the trans cooler, oil , the new bearings for the diff, custom tail shaft, C4 to OHC bellhousing and fitting costs


Lets break this down.

Shifter - 350 bucks
Stally - 800 bucks
Trans cooler - anyone know how much a cab cooler costs? They are much larger than a BnM with inbuilt fan and a s**t cheaper too

Oil - 90 bucks for a fill (service price usually includes a new filter)

Diff bearings - cheaper than a stocko rebuild cause a spool has no pinion bearings. Be about 3 to 400 to have one fitted

Custom shaft - How big do you want to go? Under 300 bucks fitted.

Gearbox - Dominello in sydney sell a full manual box with bellhousing for around 3k.

That all comes to $4940. Only thing missing is the transcoller price as I can't come up with one off the top of my head. Pretty close to the 5k I mentioned.

you really need to go rethink those prices. you're way off


I'd say Xcabbi's pretty much spot on, but tailshaft will cost a tad more if you go custom, modifying the std shaft would prob come in under his guestimate. What prices do you think are off? Looks fairly accurate to me. If you know what the real prices are post them up here.

 

_________________

http://www.TURBO351.com

2V 351T, 732rwhp@15psi on LPG.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

ltd351T wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
CHEF wrote:
and dont forget the drive train... 5k there as a minimum


I think a spool and a beefed up C4 come in at under 5k for sure. :)



add in the shifter, stally, the trans cooler, oil , the new bearings for the diff, custom tail shaft, C4 to OHC bellhousing and fitting costs


Lets break this down.

Shifter - 350 bucks
Stally - 800 bucks
Trans cooler - anyone know how much a cab cooler costs? They are much larger than a BnM with inbuilt fan and a s**t cheaper too

Oil - 90 bucks for a fill (service price usually includes a new filter)

Diff bearings - cheaper than a stocko rebuild cause a spool has no pinion bearings. Be about 3 to 400 to have one fitted

Custom shaft - How big do you want to go? Under 300 bucks fitted.

Gearbox - Dominello in sydney sell a full manual box with bellhousing for around 3k.

That all comes to $4940. Only thing missing is the transcoller price as I can't come up with one off the top of my head. Pretty close to the 5k I mentioned.

you really need to go rethink those prices. you're way off


I'd say Xcabbi's pretty much spot on, but tailshaft will cost a tad more if you go custom, modifying the std shaft would prob come in under his guestimate. What prices do you think are off? Looks fairly accurate to me. If you know what the real prices are post them up here.


price on teh box is about right.

a decent custom tailshaft is easy $500+
and you're looking at $900+ to have a minispool fitted with new bearings.
by the way every diff has a pinion that runs on 2 bearings.
if you for some reason are talking about the gears inside carrier non of them run on a 'bearing' anyway.

shifter price depends on what you buy.

spose you could do it cheaper if you are willing to use lower quality stuff. but IMO doing that is asking for trouble

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:33 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names