Fordmods Logo

Positive Displacement Charger question 

Page 14 of 16 [ 234 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I'm not the one abusing. when have I ever abused anyone directly to to get a reaction.

the only thing I'm doing is throwing little baits in, but of course only someone with a fish brain would take the bite, and its vicious too! LOL

a turdbo will never beat a charger....period!

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Last edited by Slick on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:46 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Wait, so I can say something stupid, then claim I'm fishing when someone calls me out?
Awesome.

Only thing you've ever caught is minnows mate.
When you learn how to do it properly, then try catch a shark.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Or a marlin hey steedy? :D

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Hahaha, did stir you up aye? only a fool would loose his temper in to a abusive fit. as for the shark, don't compare yourself to guys like Franky or some of the mods. they are what you call sharks, they're hard to tackle! LOL LOL

the only marlin around here is me scabbi. rofl

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

Good to see this kind of useless s**t in the tech forums. Top stuff Slick!

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Slick wrote:
Considering the pro-charger F-3R-139 makes 45psi at max boost. but with the new antonov drive hitting the market, it'll boost as soon as you turn your ignition on :lol: they're are talking about a particular hummer going into production with antonov S/C??? drives because it was useless to go turdbo with that amount of weight.

Don't get me wrong, that charger above will only suit high end application more. you'll need a high rev engine to use the max boost. but who would be crazy enough to drive that on a day to day basis.

LOL, why go fishing when you can do it from the comfort of home! :lol:

Anyway back on topic. How is the antonov geared. Is it a 2 or 3 speed box or is it rather an overdrive/underdrive CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). Thought of like a set of infinite ratio's.

I know that the gear vendors gearbox overdrive unit retails for a around 2.5k US so I'm guessing the antonov will retail for either similar dollars or maybe double the price depending on its complexity.

And yes before you ask I'd be crazy enough to use that everyday providing I can afford the maintanance program of something like that.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:56 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

2 Speed, there was good info i found somewhere via google, it uses a rotrex compressor.
The gearbox is loooong but.
Looked like 3-4 times the length of your average centrifugal blower with only 1 speed, from the pics anyway.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

That would mean they would have to get the gearing spot on for each individual application otherwise there will be a definite drop in torque then the gearbox switches gears.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

They only made that gear drive for the Rotrex centrifugal charger so far. don't know yet if the plans are up & running for a universal unit. the idea of the drive is to run the blower really fast at low engine speed. the gearing suppose to automatically shift up seamlessly so it'll operate efficiently at high engine revs. basically an automatic drive.
Thats right xcabbi, depending on how you like your setup. it has to be geared to match the engine type from what I gather.

example: to run a centri like the procharger mentioned previously with a speed limit of 55000rpm. the step-up gear in the centri would run in the vicinity of a ratio of 11:1, for a engine that max out at 5000rpm. thats where the antonov comes in, the drive gear will step-down the ratio to reduce the external blower overdrive pulley speed at max engine revs, but the blower itself is spinning cross to its max speed. don't take my word for it, but its an example.

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

xfpaul wrote:
turbos work really well on high fast rev motors with close ratio boxes to keep em on the power curve, dont think that includes any falcon i6 ever made

u clearly do not know what u are talking about.

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Slick wrote:
They only made that gear drive for the Rotrex centrifugal charger so far. don't know yet if the plans are up & running for a universal unit. the idea of the drive is to run the blower really fast at low engine speed. the gearing suppose to automatically shift up seamlessly so it'll operate efficiently at high engine revs. basically an automatic drive.
Thats right xcabbi, depending on how you like your setup. it has to be geared to match the engine type from what I gather.

example: to run a centri like the procharger mentioned previously with a speed limit of 55000rpm. the step-up gear in the centri would run in the vicinity of a ratio of 11:1, for a engine that max out at 5000rpm. thats where the antonov comes in, the drive gear will step-down the ratio to reduce the external blower overdrive pulley speed at max engine revs, but the blower itself is spinning cross to its max speed. don't take my word for it, but its an example.

This is where a CVT would absolutely kick a***. Constant boost all the way from idle right through to redline with no drop offs/steps what so ever.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Slick wrote:

This is where a CVT would absolutely kick a***. Constant boost all the way from idle right through to redline with no drop offs/steps what so ever.

Could do but with something alot simpler in design & cost effective, like the Nuvinci bicycle CTV. but you'll need a external control, I guess thats where a vacuum actuator comes in. :wink:
the antonov design operates by centrifugal force. in other words, a more advance centrifugal clutch drive.

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:32 pm 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

has anyone built ,driven and owned 650+kw engine, i have, i want hear from them

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Priestly007 wrote:
Slick wrote:
LOL, theres nothing wrong with turbos or S/C. but the twins or roots are still the best!
the centri are slowly making their make. sooner or later, they will be replacing turdbo altogether as product development progresses. take the pro-charger F-3R-139 for instance, thats a 2700hp 4000CFM with a max speed of 55000rpm. a turbo could never blow 1/2 that amount of air at that speed. ROFL

replace the turbo altogether? You'd have to be a halfwit......

The government controls emission laws so it'll greatly effect the future for car makers. a smart car maker would grab the idea & run with it.

have a read of this cut & paste then click on the link below it if you wanna keep up wit da times! :lol:

Antonov anticipates demand for the drive system will come from carmakers needing to downsize engines in pursuit of better fuel efficiency and reduced CO2 emissions. The trouble with smaller displacement engines is the loss of low end torque; hence the need to compensate through forced induction to restore the driveability of the vehicle and its engine performance characteristics. Many industry pundits consider the trend to smaller engines unavoidable in pursuit of improved powertrain efficiency and the ultimate market potential therefore could be as high as 100 million engines annually reflecting global vehicle production forecasts over the next 10 to 20 years.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/2060519.006 ... ive-system

idiots! lol

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

if you think that was the end of it. have any of you heard of traction gear drive?... an actual pulley driven turbo. it has a fixed gear ratio around 13:1 & impeller speed up to 240K's. they're slowly integrating them in to exotic cars, the likes of the ferrari F360 & F430 modena. they're twin head units by the way. even standard twin head units on the Caparo freestream T1.........

Pakrat wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 14 of 16  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next