Fordmods Logo

Positive Displacement Charger question 

Page 4 of 16 [ 234 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Good idea.

Let us know how it goes.

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

A daily driver that won't overheat in traffic or on a hot day,big long torque curve,seamless power from the get go,something under the bonnet that you can show your friends that you don't have to show where it is,no plumbing to the unit that can s**t itself,a cool noise that sets it apart from everyone elses terdbo,uniqueness of set up as i have some ideas like plumbing air conditioning through the Super gearbox,and finally something that can run a 70K FPV something or other as it's already done this without dyno time to sort out and fine tune the system as it's on the GENERIC edit tune that came with the Raptor kit.
Turbo fit the bill? No way on earth,don't get me wrong terdbo's are wicked but you have to drive them wicked i know i've had a few.
They basically saved the diesel from going the way of the Dodo and for a younger bloke they're great but for me i need what this guy at Raptor said it would do and it did it damn well.
I rang dealers for every brand of forced induction in Australia and OS for a unit to fit my needs and i'm a very happy little monkey to have stumbled across this set up..
Feel free to sqeak up my friend.

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Don't worry cooky, we all friends now. post up a picture of your setup.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

badcooky wrote:
A daily driver that won't overheat in traffic or on a hot day,big long torque curve,seamless power from the get go,something under the bonnet that you can show your friends that you don't have to show where it is,no plumbing to the unit that can s**t itself,a cool noise that sets it apart from everyone elses terdbo,uniqueness of set up as i have some ideas like plumbing air conditioning through the Super gearbox,and finally something that can run a 70K FPV something or other as it's already done this without dyno time to sort out and fine tune the system as it's on the GENERIC edit tune that came with the Raptor kit.
Turbo fit the bill? No way on earth,don't get me wrong terdbo's are wicked but you have to drive them wicked i know i've had a few.

lol now your just taking the piss.

As long as your happy then that is all that matters.

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I will as soon as i can Sly my disc drive is on the fritz and the new digi camera ain't here yet.
What's the deal Dan i posted exactly what you asked for, it's the honest to gods truth, spose the truth is a problem for some people.
C'mon Dan man up dude ...."ya got nuthin'".
I will take some photos with my crappy phone camera Sly and see how we go.

BA XL ute.

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:00 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

Quote:
As long as your happy then that is all that matters.

And if he & I can be happy without p1ssing you off, that's even better LOL!

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Last edited by sly on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

There you go.

BA XL ute.

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

badcooky wrote:
What's the deal Dan i posted exactly what you asked for, it's the honest to gods truth, spose the truth is a problem for some people.
C'mon Dan man up dude ...."ya got nuthin'".

Have you driven a well set up turbo falcon?

If someone builds a turbo falcon and it cant do everything you say your raptor can do for cheaper and with better results then they have done it wrong.

Ive had 3 and not one has overheated in traffic, not one didnt have a long torque curve, not one was not responsive from under 2k rpm.

Opinions are great but spouting them as gospel misleading others is just wrong and a bad way to sell a product.

The only thing I can see the raptor has over a turbo setup is underbonnet heat which isnt hard to overcome and the ability to fit it in a few hours. tapping a sump and making a custom dump pipe kills the install time on a turbo setup.

Get some dyno graphs up when you get some.

Last edited by Dansedgli on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

badcooky wrote:
I will as soon as i can Sly my disc drive is on the fritz and the new digi camera ain't here yet..

errrrr.... that was "Slick", not "Sly" :oops:

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

My am dude Dyslexic.

BA XL ute.

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:49 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: EF Turbo & ED N/A 6

WA, Australia

badcooky wrote:
They basically saved the diesel from going the way of the Dodo and for a younger bloke they're great but for me i need what this guy at Raptor said it would do and it did it damn well.
I rang dealers for every brand of forced induction in Australia and OS for a unit to fit my needs and i'm a very happy little monkey to have stumbled across this set up..
Feel free to sqeak up my friend.

what a crock...... Like dan said trying to sell a product is one thing, but sprouting rubbish like this is another thing altogther.....

EF ECTIV
Garrett T04E, Custom grind 'Surecam', 55lbs injectors, polished plenum, 3 inch turbo exhaust,
T400 box, hi-stall, heavy duty tailshaft, KAAZ Diff with 3.91 ratio,
Coming Soon: Built forged motor & T04Z
"The ED" daily - SOLD
On the lookout for a cheap, stock EF

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:00 am 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

all this talk of boost /psi has anyone heard of effective compression ratio????? it a math formula that can be applied to an engines static comp + boost = effective , now unless you want to run methonol on the street , you better not have to much effective comp because the only way to stop an engine with to much effective comp from detonating itself to death is to flood it with fuel and or retard the timing heaps , neither of these options make power, take my au2 motor 9.6:1 stock add 7 psi and now my comp is 11.3:1 thats all the boost i want because it runs 98 street gas

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:19 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

I've heard of it Paul... do you know the formula or are you trying to find it?

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Yep, lots of handy little calculator on the net that'll culculate the recommended compression!
matter of fact, last time I done a calculation, it worked out to be 14.3 or something. thats 9.6:1 running 7psi at a altitude of 10ft. can't bloody remember the link to it.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:23 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Some dodgy calculators on the net too. I've seen one that works out boost given engine and charger capacity, engine revs and charger drive gearing, that's more than 30% out.

Those 2 examples above for 9.6:1 static comp and 7psi can't both be right if one says 11.3 and the other says 14.3 LOL.

Easy to see how 14.3 comes out. 7psi is a smidgin under 0.5 bar. 9.6 times 1.5 is 14.4, so that calculator is just multiplying static compression by absolute pressure. I didn't think effective compression was that simple, but I'm open to be proved wrong.

Nonetheless, the same inputs shouldn't produce answers of 11.3 and 14.3. One has to be wrong.

To be updated... soon!

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 16  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next