Fordmods Logo

POST A PIC OF UR TURBO I6 

Page 10 of 16 [ 229 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

TURBOTAXI wrote:
I can see you have vented the rocker to atmosphere, that is illegal, but I found I acheived better crankcase pressure reduction with a plumbed back catchcan. When you plum to intake you get a light vacuum on the line.

unengineered turbo setups are illegal too.
as are screamer pipes

venting the rocker breather is the least of his worries, but who cares :D
good work

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

EFFalcon wrote:
TURBOTAXI wrote:
I can see you have vented the rocker to atmosphere, that is illegal, but I found I acheived better crankcase pressure reduction with a plumbed back catchcan. When you plum to intake you get a light vacuum on the line.

unengineered turbo setups are illegal too.
as are screamer pipes

venting the rocker breather is the least of his worries, but who cares :D
good work

I suppose you are right.

Turbo AU falcon LPG 222.5 RWKW.
BAMKII XR6T with SVI - the first one!.
CR500E - Road registered CR500
VF1000R Mid 80's racer built as a HMP special
T88 Turbo XT Falcon with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB GLi 4.0L

SA, Australia

I know its illegal as hell but i don't care. That rocker cover breather is fresh air coming into the crankcase. It still is sucked you through a PCV vavle via a catch can to the intake manifold. Accelerator cable is already pretty cactus but thanks for the heads up.

i'm not gonna get an intercooler, i can't fit a decent sized one in with some rather serious angle grinding plus i don't want the turbo to be any laggier than it already is. Hence, water injection is the way to go, i'll post some pics when i get that happening.

EBII 4.0L GLi | T5 | 3.27 Spool | POD | KKK K27 Turbo | 600x300x76 FMIC | 40mm Wastegate (dead) | RPD Stg1 Cam | B&M Launch Control | Thermos | 3" Dump | Twin 2.25" Zorst | 197kw@3500rpm, 7psi LEAN!

To Come: Hydraulic Handbrake | Coilover Springs | Fuel Pump | Microtech MT8 | 455cc Injectors

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Dude, for f*cks sake everyone knows by now to use an interccoler... you need to cut 2 holes, thats all :roll:

If water injection worked as well and as easy a decent front mount, we would all use it... its good as a add on to use with an intercooler, but by its self your wasting time

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

CHEF wrote:
Dude, for f*cks sake everyone knows by now to use an interccoler... you need to cut 2 holes, thats all :roll:

If water injection worked as well and as easy a decent front mount, we would all use it... its good as a add on to use with an intercooler, but by its self your wasting time

it'd be two holes and sections out of the bumper supports or out of the front bar. I'd have ground clearance issues with a 600x300 because i have to put it too low to be able to get to the outlets. I'm doing the water injection on the cheap anyway so if it falls in a screaming heap THEN i'll look at intercooling.

EBII 4.0L GLi | T5 | 3.27 Spool | POD | KKK K27 Turbo | 600x300x76 FMIC | 40mm Wastegate (dead) | RPD Stg1 Cam | B&M Launch Control | Thermos | 3" Dump | Twin 2.25" Zorst | 197kw@3500rpm, 7psi LEAN!

To Come: Hydraulic Handbrake | Coilover Springs | Fuel Pump | Microtech MT8 | 455cc Injectors

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:40 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Slabz wrote:
I know its illegal as hell but i don't care. That rocker cover breather is fresh air coming into the crankcase. It still is sucked you through a PCV vavle via a catch can to the intake manifold. Accelerator cable is already pretty cactus but thanks for the heads up.

i'm not gonna get an intercooler, i can't fit a decent sized one in with some rather serious angle grinding plus i don't want the turbo to be any laggier than it already is. Hence, water injection is the way to go, i'll post some pics when i get that happening.

I will think you find the PC Valve will only draw air though at idle or when driving normally. When boosting I have found it to be quite different.
My limited experience says that turbos spool faster with an intercooler despite the length of the intake.

Looks like lots of fun.

Turbo AU falcon LPG 222.5 RWKW.
BAMKII XR6T with SVI - the first one!.
CR500E - Road registered CR500
VF1000R Mid 80's racer built as a HMP special
T88 Turbo XT Falcon with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:55 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ea 5 spd

SA, Australia

just cool it!!! the grinder is ya friend lol

mods: pacemaker extractors, 2.5in red back ,lowered with pedders 17" rims, extreme h/d ceramic clutch, 3.45 ef lsd, and rear brakes, clear indicators, ef thermo's, stage 2 crow (daily)

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Theres loads of EBs running around with 600 300 intercoolers and all have plenty of ground clearence... just cut it man, its not like its an expensive car

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

TURBOTAXI wrote:
Slabz wrote:

I will think you find the PC Valve will only draw air though at idle or when driving normally. When boosting I have found it to be quite different.
My limited experience says that turbos spool faster with an intercooler despite the length of the intake.

Looks like lots of fun.

we just slapped a cooler (ebay 600x300x76) onto my mates r31 and it does make a difference. The turbo still spins up at the same points as pre-cooler but theres now a slight delay between when you hear it and when you feel it. HOWEVER, obviously there are other benefits such as less detonation and being able to run more timing and boost so a net gain.

i know the grinder is my friend... my car has already been grinded quite a bit. You guys make a good argument and i'll probably end up doing water injection AND a cooler.

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Good choice.

Those rails at the front can be chopped neatly and unless the bumper is off you would never know. Only half of them need to be removed.

A 12 inch grinder would make the job way easier. I had to do it with a 125mm one and it was a bit tricky to do it neatly.

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
Good choice.

Those rails at the front can be chopped neatly and unless the bumper is off you would never know. Only half of them need to be removed.

A 12 inch grinder would make the job way easier. I had to do it with a 125mm one and it was a bit tricky to do it neatly.

yeah, i've only got a 125mm too but i'll manage. and it doesn't have to look nice, just work well because its gonna be covered up.

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ED Falcon

VIC, Australia

Well, finally we are in the midst of tuning the ultra-low-budget turbo setup on my ED :) All up, we've come in at under $1000, so I'm very happy. Hoping for 180rwkw due to a few limitations of the setup (only one convertor, only 2.5" zorst).

Dirty engine bay! Hopefully it works! Note that while the manifold looks rusty, it's actually a goldish color.

Not going for the sleeper look, so the rims will be back on there ASAP!

Details of the main stuff are as follows:
Snort log manifold
T04b
3" cooler piping
Big cooler
3.5" dump
50mm wastegate

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: R33 Skyline

VIC, Australia

hey ebs_4l
Your engine bay looks sik, nice an shiny, clean job

Greddy T67, Trust Hi Flow W/gate, HKS Manifold & Extractors, HKS Super Dragger Exhaust, 550cc Blitz injectors, Blitz Pod Filter, GTR Fuel Pump, Blitz Electronic Boost Controller, Apexi Power FC, Greddy BOV, Extreme H/Duty Ceramic Button Clutch.
300kw @ RWheels.

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:52 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: R33 Skyline

VIC, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
A low 11 sec Falcon...
With new w2a intercooler...
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/EBXR8240/Turbo%20stuff/DSC
F0351.jpg[/IMG]
Yes thats a GT42...386 rwkw...
That tank on left inner guard is fuel tank...

That looks absolutely sik man!!!

Greddy T67, Trust Hi Flow W/gate, HKS Manifold & Extractors, HKS Super Dragger Exhaust, 550cc Blitz injectors, Blitz Pod Filter, GTR Fuel Pump, Blitz Electronic Boost Controller, Apexi Power FC, Greddy BOV, Extreme H/Duty Ceramic Button Clutch.
300kw @ RWheels.

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

VIC, Australia

redfin wrote:
Boosted six? OK, my toy...

Gee it's been a while since I visited here. The progress from start to current is here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11192588

If it isn't busted, mod it anyway.....

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 16  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next