power loss or gain???? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: power loss or gain????
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6 NA

VIC, Australia

i am looking at using a full ba xr6 turbo kit that i have got for next to nothing and was wondereing if any one knew how much power will be lost or gained and roughly what the power out put would be as i DO NOT plan on putting in a decomp plate as the compressions to a turbo are 8.7:1 and a na tuned is 9.7:1 and i am aware of the risk of this but i belive i have more to gain as the compressions have near no diffrence and i am not going to kill the engine with a standard 6 PSI boost the kit i have is all the bolt on stuff i have everything except a turbo motor if any one knows the gain or loss that would be great :)

Post subject: Re: power loss or gain????
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

well there wont be a loss in power if thats what your talking about, you realise you may aswell sell your car, save some money and buy an xr6 turbo as its less f**k around and probably cheaper, ba xr6 turbos go on evilbay cheaper than it will be to fit a kit to your car, tune it, engineer it, then at the end of the day the motor wont be as reliable as a turbo one because of the raised compression and i think the rods are different between the n/a and the turbo

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:20 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

xr_dan wrote:
i am looking at using a full ba xr6 turbo kit that i have got for next to nothing and was wondereing if any one knew how much power will be lost or gained and roughly what the power out put would be as i DO NOT plan on putting in a decomp plate as the compressions to a turbo are 8.7:1 and a na tuned is 9.7:1 and i am aware of the risk of this but i belive i have more to gain as the compressions have near no diffrence and i am not going to kill the engine with a standard 6 PSI boost the kit i have is all the bolt on stuff i have everything except a turbo motor if any one knows the gain or loss that would be great :)

you will gain aprox 60-80% power increase from n/a.
you will be supprised how much boost a n/a engine can handle providing its tuned well, im running 12psi into a std n/a au engine which has 9.6:1 comp, im getting around the same power as a tuned ba/bf turbo at the same boost level..

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

cheers boys im picked up my kit for under 1k so im not worried on cost of fitting time but troyman you think a standard turbo ecu will have a good tune or should i flash that???
and im guessing around 250kw is the mark????

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

xr_dan wrote:
cheers boys im picked up my kit for under 1k so im not worried on cost of fitting time but troyman you think a standard turbo ecu will have a good tune or should i flash that???
and im guessing around 250kw is the mark????

no need to change the ecu as you can flash tune the standard one anyway?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

what is better off flash tuning the standard one or putting the turbo one in????????

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:21 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

250rwks is the area you will be in at a moderate boost, some make more, some make less..

you can get away with the std ecu and have it flashed, although you may need to swap the tmap sensor over to a xr6t one..

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

ok awsome thanks guys

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]