Fordmods Logo

Powerdyne compare Raptor 

Page 4 of 10 [ 139 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
markr154 wrote:
Basically ...I want a shmick, reliable, sweet all-round performer that sounds like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrVzp4G2 ... re=related

Loving that SC whine!

thats a little too noisy for my liking.

If its gonna be that noisy, then you'd wanna get it all engineered cause it aint very stealth. :)

Yes, the noise seems a tad too loud for my liking too, but I've been told that it dies down during the run-in period.

I will be getting it engineered ...sorta know the process now.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Freak6 wrote:
id definatly be keen on a aussie made blower.
one of my mate has blew two raptor blowers up but that was doin skids.
id like to see the kit proven on an i6 before i jump into buying one. but if there was a group buy id be in.
Almost sound like you work for CAPA. aren't they near by from you? LOL

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Slick wrote:
I'm thinking of purchasing a under drive pulley kit from BPT{site sponsors} in the near future. I guess I'm going to have to install an over drive pulley on the S/C to compensate. I'll probably loose 2 to 4 psi if I was to use the standard 9psi pulley that comes with the raptor kit, is that right?

who has the CFM rating on the raptor "R". it says they are capable of 17psi or more, but on what engine size?. at least with the R, you'll have room to play with it. under drive it as much as you want or up the boost as you mod your engine to cope.

if I can get an answer for the above, I'll stick with the V as its a tested & proven kit form.

it depends on a few things.

I had underdrives on my XR8 before I put my blower on. I had to take my underdrives out because the blower main pulley could not be bolted onto the crank pulley.

Does the raptor utilise the current belt setup or does it have a separate belt for the blower??

I have all my accessories running off the original (shorter) belt bar the power steering pump, the pump now has a pulley with more distance out and now utilises the blower belt (8 rib) to get more wraparound the blower.

If you are good with a calculator you should be able to work out the belt speed and match a pulley to suit if you are going underdrives. Remember as well that the only real gain from underdrives is from the slowing down of the water pump, if that isnt going slower than the gains are minimal if any.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Slick wrote:
Freak6 wrote:
id like to see the kit proven on an i6 before i jump into buying one. but if there was a group buy id be in.

His comments are extremely fair, I wouldn't be accusing him of alegance for them!
The blower kit would cost more than the average EF/L is worth these days, so it's no wonder he'd like to see that it's not rubbish and does what it's ment to before making the outlay.

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:04 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

schnoods wrote:
Does the raptor utilise the current belt setup or does it have a separate belt for the blower??

All the pics & vids I've seen of the Raptor on (VT on) Commo's & I6's show it using the serpentine belt system with the blower pulley aligned with the accessories. I guess it just uses a longer belt.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Slick wrote:
Freak6 wrote:

His comments are extremely fair, I wouldn't be accusing him of alegance for them!
The blower kit would cost more than the average EF/L is worth these days, so it's no wonder he'd like to see that it's not rubbish and does what it's ment to before making the outlay.
:shock: snap out of it dude. isn't the PD costing you more then the Wag you're driving?

the comment I've made was just a sarcasm dig, nothing more! 8-)

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Slick wrote:
isn't the PD costing you more then the Wag you're driving?

A spark plug costs me more than the wagon cost me considering it was free...

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Slick wrote:
isn't the PD costing you more then the Wag you're driving?

A spark plug costs me more than the wagon cost me considering it was free...
LOL, cost you bugger all if you think about it aye?

Pakrat wrote:

Last edited by Slick on Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB Fairmont

SA, Australia

How much is the kit gonna cost?

Im either going for this or a Snort stage 4.

Not interested in anything on the fuel side of things, I'll be going EMS 8860, Bosch 044 pump and either 52lbs or 60lbs injectors for that. However this is either late this year or early next.

Doin it for Scotty.

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:37 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Commodore VZ SV6

QLD, Australia

Back again

First question back a few posts now was what power is my AU Ute putting out, in short nothing much until the pipework is completed and tune flashed in, I have too busy with Holden stuff for the past 2 weeks and had 4 powerdynes to rebuild before this last weekend and more coming, yes it all takes time.

So the AU will be done after easter, the power before is 123.9rwkw with extractors and 3" exhaust. Nothing else to say there.

On the issue of the 2 failed units on a certain 5.0 Holden, I made the comment I had not seen the second unit, it has finally come in, diagnosis ......... the charger was again flooded with oil due to engine begin far too worn. Should have woken up after the first time and advised him to use a catch can. I the meantime I purchased the kit back from him, I regret that now since the fault was not with charger but with his engine.

Now back to the thread content, stay tune for my AU ute results and the attempting to create new bracket for EL - EF.

We are also trialling a new liquid cooled compressor cover (V Model), I am releasing first images on another forum in next day or two. This will be the coldest running supercharger on the market anywhere! I may trial it on the Territory kit then the AU, will see what happens, not enough time for anything really :D

Raptor SC, blow your mind ..... not your wallet

Holden VZ SV6 Alloytec - 270rwkw (premium SC kit)

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:41 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Commodore VZ SV6

QLD, Australia

Tradewind wrote:
Back again

First question back a few posts now was what power is my AU Ute putting out, in short nothing much until the pipework is completed and tune flashed in, I have too busy with Holden kits for the past 2 weeks and had 4 powerdynes to rebuild before this last weekend and more coming, yes it all takes time.

So the AU will be done after easter, the power before is 123.9rwkw with extractors and 3" exhaust. Nothing else to say there until its boosted.

On the issue of the 2 failed units on a certain 5.0 Holden, I made the comment I had not seen the second unit, it has finally come in, diagnosis ......... the charger was again flooded with oil due to engine begin far too worn. Should have woken up after the first time and advised him to use a catch can. I the meantime I purchased the kit back from him, I regret that now since the fault was not with charger but with his engine. As mentioned above the rest of the Holden camp (with the charger fitted) is happy, they are all on the web someplace or other anyone can go right ahead and question them all they like.

Now back to the thread content, stay tune for my AU ute results and the attempting to create new bracket for EL - EF.

We are also trialling a new liquid cooled compressor cover (V Model), I am releasing first images on another forum in next day or two. This will be the coldest running supercharger on the market anywhere! I may trial it on the Territory kit then the AU, will see what happens, not enough time for anything really :D

Raptor SC, blow your mind ..... not your wallet

Holden VZ SV6 Alloytec - 270rwkw (premium SC kit)

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Quote:
We are also trialling a new liquid cooled compressor cover (V Model), I am releasing first images on another forum in next day or two. This will be the coldest running supercharger on the market anywhere! I may trial it on the Territory kit then the AU, will see what happens, not enough time for anything really

Mate that will be really innovative if it all works out great, especially over the blowers with oil lines, the heat from the oil going in alone makes em very hot. And we all know blowers and heatsoak dont go together at all.

I am very keen to see how this all goes. 8-)

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Snort are also developing a custom Plenum with an in-built water-air cooling core.

The throttle body entry position / direction is basically the same as stock.

It can be bought seperately ...maybe as a cooling option for a blower?

I've also found a supplier of water-air cooling kits with a variety of core shapes and sizes on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Water-to-Air-Tur ... dZViewItem

This is why I'm being patient with my final decision for boost ...some interesting options being developed out there.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:40 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

PWR also have a range of tubular W2A cores that mount inline with the intake piping, in 4", 5" and 6" diameters. Not that cheap, but still way cheaper than CAPA's W2A cooler. Raptor's idea does sound good though. Tim hopes to be able to make it a retrofit, with a housing change.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

sly wrote:
Tim hopes to be able to make it a retrofit, with a housing change.

With everything else he has on, I can see that being a LONG way off!

I just wanna get a power adder on my car ...and deal with cooling a tad later.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 10  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next