Fordmods Logo

Powerdyne compare Raptor 

Page 6 of 10 [ 139 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

Are those power figures 'at the treads'?

If so, 330 HP = 246 kW ...that'll do me!

Also, can you confirm that the blower 'whistle / whine' does actually die down a little after a running-in period?

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I'll start up a group buy soon as the EF/EL kit is ready. we're starting to pick up some interest now that new names are reading the thread.
anyway, you hold on to your money and deposit it directly into raptors account or sent a cheque or money order as you'll be dealing with Tim on the transaction. the only part I'll be playing is organising the list of names. checking out who's paid & received their kit.

you could purchase single items, half a kit if you wish, eg: buy blower & bracket in stages if you haven't got the funds... at least it'll be a discount.

If thats cool with Tim.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:18 am 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Commodore VZ SV6

QLD, Australia

From here on in everything will be ~10psi + for ProStreet Ford systems.

BA injectors are indeed 29lb for both turbo and non turbo. Only differences are in the fuel pressure reg.

The whistle does die down, don't know how to demonstrate the to you all over the web. Any vids on youtube are all with brand new blowers when they are at their noisest. People with vid cam experience will know the cams really pick up and intensify high frequency sound. The more you cane the quicker they quieten.

Raptor SC, blow your mind ..... not your wallet

Holden VZ SV6 Alloytec - 270rwkw (premium SC kit)

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Will your Raptor kits require us to use a different fuel pressure regulator etc with the bigger injectors?

You also said that you supply a Compressor Bypass valve with the kit ...is there any way a blow-off valve can be used instead?

Just that I heard you can actually buy BOV's with a lighter spring that will work in both directions?

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

markr154 wrote:
Will your Raptor kits require us to use a different fuel pressure regulator etc with the bigger injectors?

You also said that you supply a Compressor Bypass valve with the kit ...is there any way a blow-off valve can be used instead?

If the fuel system is anything like CAPA's, you'll have to fit a rising rate fuel pressure regulator.

Turbosmart sell a centrifugal supercharger spring to fit there Type III BOVs - it's what I'm running.

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

markr154 wrote:
I'm hoping that my DEV 5 will allow me to get more power at the 9 psi approx boost of the Raptor V ...and I'm still deciding on whether to go a small air-air FMIC or water-air cooler.

What's the go with putting boost into a DEV 5 though? Surely the engine built for NA application will the compression and cam shaft not be a bit weird for the boost?

Do a search for JMM's Brendan Mocks EF XR6 with a Powerdyne supercharger - he was running a geardriven PD (rare) and the 2.7" pulley and if I remmeber correctly he got to 400hp at the wheels.

EDIT: see http://www.jimmockmotorsport.com/articl ... _sedan.php
I wonder who Luke Letson is, he gets thanked in it.

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Yeah ...got that article.

Thing is, we've got 2 Turbo E-series over here running DEV 5 cams ...one is an EB that made over 540HP atw at 12 psi, and the other is Fritzz, who ran a 12.2 in his EL last week.

Fritzz in particular seems to think I'll be fine running under 15 psi of boost (I'm only wanting 10 psi max), and that I'll make better power for less boost with the DEV 5 set-up.

Brendan Mock himself told me last week it's worth a shot too.

I still don't know for sure, I'm just gonna get the Raptor on and see what happens with the XR6T injectors, a bigger fuel pump, and a retune with my Eliminator Chip initially ...maybe an aftermarket ECU is on the cards.

Hopefully Fritzz will see this, and confirm why he thinks I'll be fine running boost ...when everyone seems to be warning me off!

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

markr154 wrote:
Thing is, we've got 2 Turbo E-series over here running DEV 5 cams ...one is an EB that made over 540HP atw at 12 psi, and the other is Fritzz, who ran a 12.2 in his EL last week.

Yours is a full Dev 5 engine though isn't it? If they're just running the Dev 5 cam in stock engines then they've got a fairly different set up to you.
I'm not saying it won't be fine, nor am I saying it will be as I have no idea, just interested to find out.

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

This is what I have...

DEV 5
DEV "Street-Fighter" Headers (Extractors), Modified Cat, 2.5" Hi-Performance mandrel bent exhaust system, Hi-Flow Intake Kit, DEV5 Cam kit, valve train modifcations, Vernier adjustable Timing Gear. "Race-Series" Head, extensive porting and head performance alterations to race standard, compression increase and Special valve springs. All installed with new gaskets & seals. Top class Performance Street package also suits Street / Strip use with excellent fuel economy. **

I also have the JMM headers, and JMM 2.5" exhaust system.

As you can see, there is NO mention of any bottom end rebuild ...it's all in the top end ...compression is around 9.8

Some people have said I should go back to a stock cam & head, or use a decomp gasket to lower compression ...but then guys like Fritzz say I should keep it as it is 'cos it'll be fine with low boost (less than 15 psi).

It's all a bit confusing!

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: FG XR8, F6 F6 ute, XR5T, Capri

WA, Australia

markr154 wrote:

I still don't know for sure, I'm just gonna get the Raptor on and see what happens with the XR6T injectors, a bigger fuel pump, and a retune with my Eliminator Chip initially ...maybe an aftermarket ECU is on the cards.

steves EB ran 450rwhp on the Ovaboost dyno, and the week later at MCE he ran 515rwhp.. the car was untouched between dynos

the XR6T injectors are a BAD idea... they have quad spray pattern, it will flood your motor. your best bet is the Ford Motorsport Green Tops 42Lb

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I heard the XR6T injectors were a TWIN spray pattern.

But there you go ...the confusion deepens.

Thanks Matt ...maybe it's just as well I haven't leapt into anything yet.

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

markr154 wrote:
Some people have said I should go back to a stock cam & head

well i think stock head/compression would suit where your going, whereas a large cam would also lead to less compression as well i think?

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

markr154 wrote:
I heard the XR6T injectors were a TWIN spray pattern.

But there you go ...the confusion deepens.

Thanks Matt ...maybe it's just as well I haven't leapt into anything yet.

yeh definately quad... im currently offshore (work) at the moment... i get back thursday or friday ... ill take a photo of the end (of the injector) for you.. just so its not just "word of mouth" etc

Post subject: Incorrect information
Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:33 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Commodore VZ SV6

QLD, Australia

Quote:
the XR6T injectors are a BAD idea... they have quad spray pattern, it will flood your motor

That above is a completely incorrect statement, quad hole injectors have been in use on all sorts of engines for some years now, like Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8, like Holden 3.8 Ecotec like like and like a lot of others both 2 and 4 valve. They promote excellent fuel economy and deliver excellent atomisation.

They are without doubt the best injector type to use, the results they give speak for themselves.

Raptor SC, blow your mind ..... not your wallet

Holden VZ SV6 Alloytec - 270rwkw (premium SC kit)

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

for those engines designed with them, then yeh sure.

but not for the falcon SOHC.

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 10  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next