Powerdyne owners 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Powerdyne owners
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Hey lads those of you with a Powerdyne blower, just a some questions, how are they bang for buck?? have you had any problems with there chip that comes with the kit?? do you have 2 tune it? after a few kms with it in did it need to be pulled out and sent back 2 cappa for a tune? what would you do? get the stage 2 9psi kit with the water injection or get the stage 1 6psi kit and send some cash on getting a after market ECU and not running the kit with its piggyback chip? kit will go on a 200,000km auto EF 4.0ltr with full exhaust.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Hey

I sold my setup but know a thing or two about them.

The tune is constant. Mine was spot on the first time round - plug and play, never looked back. the tune they provide is designed for a stock engine with basic exhaust mods. Anything more sinister than that under your hood and its best not to bother with the CAPA chip - go custom/aftermarket.

Go the stage 2.

The ONLY problem with a powerdyne is that you are LIMITED by its internal RPM rating. This effectively means that 9PSI is the most you'll get on a 4.0L. You can put a smaller pulley on - but you'll put more stress on the blower than it is capable of. A vortec, you can keep putting smaller pulleys on until the cows come home.

200,000km is a bit long in the tooth - but if the engine has good compression and has been well looked after, you should be ok. If the rings are a bit worn, you're gonna get a lot of blow by and they'll rapidly deteriorate.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Get the bottom end rebuilt eg Rings and bearings and slap a better head gasket on and we should be good 2 go ya think??

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Lol, im not going to sit here an recommend a thousand dollars worth of work without seeing the car in the flesh.... probably best to get someone else's opinion regarding the condition of the motor.

Have you spoken to CAPA? Im guessing they'd probably suggest a freshen up on a 200k engine.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Na there like anyone else who wants to make a sale, just yeah yeah she be sweet!. I just dont wanna spend a heap of cash only to give her a boot full and end up melting me Effy all over the road, anyone got a price on a ACL rebuild kit they can think of off the top of there head?

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB Fairmont

SA, Australia

http://www.performanceparts.com.au/specials.htm

From there its $495 no idea about any other places

Doin it for Scotty.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

There ACL race kit starts at $675, thats better then what I thought it would be.

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
200,000km is a bit long in the tooth - but if the engine has good compression and has been well looked after, you should be ok. If the rings are a bit worn, you're gonna get a lot of blow by and they'll rapidly deteriorate.

My donk has 315,000k's and compression tests 1500 to 1550 kPa in all 6. Spec says minimum 1010 kPa and all within 100 kPa. My car has had 90% or so country / highway running and almost never sees stop/start traffic.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:12 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: XB

TAS, Australia

You can get upgrades for the Powerdyne BD11a and similar from 928 Motorsports in the US (eBay store). They take the standard 36000rpm internal limit up to 60 000rpm. They also have better shafts, belts, pulleys, bearings and their own custom billet impeller which outputs 20% more boost.

I have never dealt with a better company on eBay, highly recommended if you want to go down the Powerdyne path. I would go a Vortech for power figures though.

76XBGS, 383c, custom crow cam, 4V p&p heads, Isky SS Valve+springs, extractors, 2.5"twins, MSD Ignition, Edelbrock intake, Forged bottom end, Barry Grant 750DP, thermo, discs, toploader, Holley fuel pump, SUPERCHARGED!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]