Fordmods Logo

Project Turbo Cominthru Falc 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:31 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EBII Falcon & BF Falcon

WA, Australia

nah carl ur right...still give em a go see what happens...what did she sound like when i left? haha

battery is in the boot...gonna be right nexta the stezza :D mite even chuck another battery in there!

EB2 Turbo & BF Wagon

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

Delta wrote:
I'm hoping I make power to 6000rpm or so, where are you making peak power with yours, and whats the idle like?? did you need a high stall or anything???

mines manual, idle is nuts, considering i have over 300deg advertised duration, and 242 @ .050" i think i idles on about 10inches

peak power?? well, i cut my power graph short with the rev limiter.... i cut it at 5800, my guess is that my peak power would be 6500?? or even higher, i dont know, im not game....

oh, you like the siemens too... they have awesome control at small opening times, ie. 1-1.5ms. and have a pencil type spray pattern which is good for the single valve engine

i have to say, that my 72's are hitting 92% duty at 5500, which i dont like, so i think ill go up to the 83lb ones next, lol, i started with 55's

one thing you shouldnt skimp on is fueling components. I can also tell you that there was 20cc flow difference across a set of 6boosts... NOT GOOD, you know why they have such a varied flow? its because the part that he removes from the end is the calibrated flow orifice, the remaining pintle is not the part that controls the exact amount of injctor flow, the pintle is just an on-off valve, and the disc is the metering device.

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

cominthru wrote:
nah carl ur right...still give em a go see what happens...what did she sound like when i left? haha

battery is in the boot...gonna be right nexta the stezza :D mite even chuck another battery in there!

sounded very jelous.. :P
bastard. haha

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: falcon

VIC, Australia

very neat setup.

doing it in reverse with a fwd is like being fuked by a fat man and saying "well he has tits so i'm not gay"

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:25 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

ebs_4l wrote:
Delta wrote:
I'm hoping I make power to 6000rpm or so, where are you making peak power with yours, and whats the idle like?? did you need a high stall or anything???

mines manual, idle is nuts, considering i have over 300deg advertised duration, and 242 @ .050" i think i idles on about 10inches

peak power?? well, i cut my power graph short with the rev limiter.... i cut it at 5800, my guess is that my peak power would be 6500?? or even higher, i dont know, im not game....

oh, you like the siemens too... they have awesome control at small opening times, ie. 1-1.5ms. and have a pencil type spray pattern which is good for the single valve engine

i have to say, that my 72's are hitting 92% duty at 5500, which i dont like, so i think ill go up to the 83lb ones next, lol, i started with 55's

one thing you shouldnt skimp on is fueling components. I can also tell you that there was 20cc flow difference across a set of 6boosts... NOT GOOD, you know why they have such a varied flow? its because the part that he removes from the end is the calibrated flow orifice, the remaining pintle is not the part that controls the exact amount of injctor flow, the pintle is just an on-off valve, and the disc is the metering device.

Interesting that your running out of flow, sounds like I might need bigger injectors too :( I'm also just over 300 deg advertised and around .545" lift so I'm not expecting it to idle nicely, infact it will probably be a pig to drive without a highstall, and that will probalby be my next mod. I'll rev the thing to 6000 but nothing over, so I'll probably have my power graph cut short too then. Not really worried tho, i want to see around about 400-450rwhp, thats plenty for the street, the lower the boost I can hit it at the better.

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb falcon

SA, Australia

my lift is .576"

i estimate my power to be 350-370rwkw.... not really sure.

EB 4L, 8.4:1, R154, GT4202r, 4in exhaust, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold, plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, Garrett W2A cooler, Surecam custom, autronic SM4, Bosch 120lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, LM-1, Turbosmart Reg, 2x bosch 044, turbosmart 48 gate. 470kw+ @ 18PSI

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:43 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Wow, thats huge huge lift, I take it you have a decomp plate or something, as I was seriously worried that I'de have valves hitting pistons with near .550 and 300deg. Obviously its not that much of an issue hahah. My valve seats have been cut deeper into the chamber and the chamber modified to be almost oval, they took out about 5-6cc, so I'm assuming my compression with the two steel shim au gaskets in it is about 8.7-8.8 to one now. head is back on as of late last night, just have to do up a few more bolts on the intake, attach the throttle cables refill with oil and coolant and it'll be time to start her up :) perhaps with the slightly lower lift figure with the same duration my idle will be a little better, haha but with an auto I still think its going to suck.

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

lol thats going to be hard to drive with the stock converter.

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2