Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Snort Performance whipple liquid intercooled supercharger sy
Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

this is good news. good on snort for opening up the market for 4 litre fords further yet again.

i must say i agree a lot with twr7cx (get an easier name dude :P ), this option is not about chasing peak hp. No matter how you size your turbo, there will be some lag, however minimal. its definately noticable in the BA2 turbo that my father owns, which ive driven a few times with the hammer well and truly down. dont get me wrong, turbo i6 is a fantastic engine. turbo charging suits the long stroke motors. all things performance wise turbo is the better option overall.

BUT

I hate the sound of turbo engines. both around town and when being throttled. they sound muffled, like a doona has been stuffed up the exhaust. One of my most favourite sounds on earth is the visceral whir of a screw charger at work. its exciting, more so to me than a buzz and a sneeze. it climbs in proportion to rpm, and it builds anticipation. its a more pleasurable experience in my opinion.

also the supercharger allows the fitment of proper grunty sounding extractors, which again imroves the soundtrack of your beast.

To me, maybe not many others, the sound it makes is as important as the push it makes. and a supercharged i6 pushes my sound button a lot harder than a turbo i6.

if ever i could be in a position to go FI, i was going to go the turbo route due to it being the most widely available and supported option for the i6.

note i say was. because that just changed.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

The only way SNORT could make any creditable claims with the whipple liquid intercooled S/C is to became a sponsor and advisor to the new marketed kit. just check out RAPTOR S/C. now thats what you call good customer support.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

He is active on boostedfalcon.

Advertising and sponsoring isnt the only way to develop a reputation.

It only helps because which site will let a sponsor be s**t if the product is s**t? The site getting money = biased information = super awesome products ands services 100% of the time = people getting their AIT EA's stuck in workshops for 7 months with no progress. :(

Obviously there is good sponsors and bad sponsors. Raptor seems to be pretty good and I havent heard a bad story about his products yet.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
Obviously there is good sponsors and bad sponsors. Raptor seems to be pretty good and I havent heard a bad story about his products yet.

Havn't seen any real stand out performance from them yet either though :P
i'd love to see a raptor car pushed.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:22 am 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Commodore VZ SV6

QLD, Australia

Quote:
Havn't seen any real stand out performance from them yet either though :P
i'd love to see a raptor car pushed.

At $3500 for a full hardware kit set at 9psi you aren't going to be seeing any stand out performance either lol :roll:

Your not going to get 11 sec performance for $3500 from anywhere except a smart back shed DIY operator with a hand fabricated turbo system.

We will continue with affordable product to give an additional 80 - 100rwkw gains and people can do what they like with it, not here to set the world on fire ... rather to make things affordable and very easy. The faster the stuff the more expensive it will ultimately be for the owner of the vehicle.

Our systems are the easiest to fit and always will be :D and for a DIY person that counts for a lot. It has low cost for rebuilds in the long term and doesn't compromise the drivetrain reliability while you enjoy your vehicle.

Raptor SC, blow your mind ..... not your wallet

Holden VZ SV6 Alloytec - 270rwkw (premium SC kit)

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

Raptorsc wrote:
At $3500 for a full hardware kit set at 9psi you aren't going to be seeing any stand out performance either lol :roll:

Your not going to get 11 sec performance for $3500 from anywhere except a smart back shed DIY operator with a hand fabricated turbo system.

We will continue with affordable product to give an additional 80 - 100rwkw gains and people can do what they like with it, not here to set the world on fire ... rather to make things affordable and very easy. The faster the stuff the more expensive it will ultimately be for the owner of the vehicle.

Our systems are the easiest to fit and always will be :D and for a DIY person that counts for a lot. It has low cost for rebuilds in the long term and doesn't compromise the drivetrain reliability while you enjoy your vehicle.

I can understand your trying to target a specific part of the market, which is fantastic.
but i'd still love to see someone push a raptor powered car as far as it could.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:49 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: Commodore VZ SV6

QLD, Australia

EFF

I think with a few small touches here and there (ie cam) we could make 230rwkw on a basic setup, how much do you call pushing the boundaries, more than your 224, I am guessing not?

If we burn money on finding out boundaries its gotta be added onto the product someplace, I figure people will be happy to pay less for an SC kit and make their own fun than pay us more to enjoy the action ourselves.

Our segment in the market is to compete in the centrifugal area, up till now there has been no choice this cost effective so far as centrifugals go. I suppose other benefits are you can have a centrifugally charged vehicle looking quite stock and driving well in 30mins or so which you never know when you might need that feature :D

Raptor SC, blow your mind ..... not your wallet

Holden VZ SV6 Alloytec - 270rwkw (premium SC kit)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2