Supercharged FG 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Supercharged FG
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:22 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG XR6 N/A 2009

VIC, Australia

Hey Guys,
Ive decided I wana supercharge my FG XR6. I already have a CAI, extractors, high flow cat, 2.5" performance exhaust. I dont know what sort of supercharger I should get and where from? I cant find any place that has an FG 4.0L kit ready. Also are there any other mods i need before s.charging?

Post subject: Re: Supercharged FG
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2004 ba egas ute

NSW, Australia

No other mods required the extractors and exhaust will just benifit the supercharger(alot).....but you can still go with out them.

I know capa and raptor superchargers do the centrifugal superchargers,and snort performance is in devolpment of a positive displacement kit.
But i dont know if it will all suit the fg falcon,maybe its just different tuning that is needed so all you would need to do is buy a ba-bf kit and have a tuner do a custom tune for you.
Or a couple of small supercharger bracket upgrades to acomadate the fg`s new intake manifold because there is one bolt that goes back to the inlet manifold on the raptor supercharger kits,and im 99% sure the other two bols supporting the bracket on the engine would be unchanged comparing from ba-fg.

So in this case i think with a custom tune and a little modifying of the bracket if both situations come into play,your looking at another $1000 on top of the kit + the added power and benifits of a custom tune.

Supercharged Egas

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]