Fordmods Logo

Supercharged VT Calais - Anygood? 

Page 9 of 11 [ 152 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Never raced one so dont know only going on what i think might happen so im more then happy to believe what anyone says within reason.

Moody- post up ur mates timeslip

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

XR6T citric wrote:
Im telling you guys, no ifs or buts

the Supercharged V6 will absolutely bolt away off the line. To 60km/h the best you will ever do is hold by a thin thread to their back bumper. Its just a pity these cars dont have the top end power to match their greyhound like take off.

All of the magazines quoted them at 7.1secs 0-100km/h and a 15.1 0-400m. trust me its not because of their top end, its their greyhound takeoff that keeps them pulling those times. After about 100km/h theres not much left.

But at the traffic lights grand prix, you will be toast.
THIS COMING FROM A GUY WHO HAS AN XRT?? disgrace mate.......they are not fast, those cluggly autos are s**t, 70 is basically first.......if my old wagon with sweet f/a done to it rips past em, and I means rips........how good can they be, seriously.... someone with 300kw of l6 power, shouldnt even reply to this topic! :wink:

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

moody wrote:
You guys have your heads stuck up your tailpipes too far. theres no way in hell a falc would chop one, unless the calais was stock. which runs a 15.39 (mates figures here) with his intake, he did 14.9, exhaust, 3" cat back, 14.6, 10psi boost pulley, 14.14.
with stock 60" of 2.1, why is that so ubelievable?
Gezza, wheres your timeslip? theres no way your auto will smoke a supercharghed commo auto.

Xr6Tcitric knows whats goin on, same with teh guy wth the 14,4 falcon or what ever it is, sorry, cant remember name, on edit page :o.
I had a roll on in mine with his calais, before he got his s/c s pac, and with only a cat back and boost p[ulely from 60-120ish, there wasnt much in it, its there torque that makes the turbos piss. and chomps the ls1's off the line.

str8 outta the factory mate, they are an absoluter total and utter peice of s**t worthy of only puttin a trailer on!!!

sure they will kill a 4.0 with all that work f**k.........but then do the same and same cash to 4.0??? what happens then?

EF Ghia 5L V8

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

moody wrote:
get me a time slip BETTER then 2.1 60" and then i will believe you. until then, you have no proof.

nor you....show me a s/c 3.8 slugger, crunchin a manual falc(ne thin from eb2 up) then you have proof.........sorry but I dont beleive I can get a timeslip on the road....

:wink:

EF Ghia 5L V8

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:35 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

ill get a copy next time i see him.
and 15.3 from a stockie. is slow? what planet ar you living on? buck for buck, do a cat back and panel filter and run better then a 14.6. for the record, a boost pulley is 600 bux from FIT, the exhaust was 500 due to being mandrel bent, and intake was 110., my car is an auto with about 1500 bux worth of engine/exhaust stuff and does a 15.3. soo buck for buck, the s/c commo is way ahead. put in some extractors, water injection and some decent roller rocker with a tune, easy low 13.
Check out v6 supercharged if you still cant come to terms an na 6 cylinder falcon cannot take a s/c commo. (age for age)

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

oh, if you whacked a charger on an AU falcon, but from factory had a very restrictive tune/manifold on it (old petrol 4 pot rodeos have a smoother flowing exh. mani on them) would you still think the same?

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

moody wrote:
ill get a copy next time i see him.
and 15.3 from a stockie. is slow? what planet ar you living on? buck for buck, do a cat back and panel filter and run better then a 14.6. for the record, a boost pulley is 600 bux from FIT, the exhaust was 500 due to being mandrel bent, and intake was 110., my car is an auto with about 1500 bux worth of engine/exhaust stuff and does a 15.3. soo buck for buck, the s/c commo is way ahead. put in some extractors, water injection and some decent roller rocker with a tune, easy low 13.
Check out v6 supercharged if you still cant come to terms an na 6 cylinder falcon cannot take a s/c commo. (age for age)

My friend, forget blowers- and restrictive manifolds and coming to terms....I know my old wagon has pummeled at least 3 of these stock s/c commy's. my mate who owns a herrod enhanced ba xr-6 was with me with one of em(vy s s/c) and he could not believe it, basically nor could I!! The driver was awe struck lookin at this old manul wagon(with limited mods) tearing past him wondering where is 40 k went........END OF STORY! :wink:

EF Ghia 5L V8

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:48 am 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

It must have gone on a dud, like several low 15 second xr6t's ive come across.
Either way, im not saying your wagon is slow, just that these things only seeme to get bagged by a limited amount of ford drivers. Credit is given where its due :)

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:04 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA MK11 XR8

QLD, Australia

im with moody on this one.....like i said in a previous post my mate has a vt s s/c with cat back exhaust and k&n filter and it aint slow.....
I beat him in my au but not buy as much as i would of hoped...

BA MK11 XR8.....6 Speed
Stock, for now....

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 284 rwkw

NSW, Australia

People that bag the V6 Supercharged are in the dark. I agree they dont have that much after about 100km/h and you will get them over 400m with a few good mods to your car but at the traffic light absolutely no chance. In first gear even a bog stock one would tear any 4L to threads. Absolutely pull your pants down.

My Xr6T would just beat it to 60km/h but its because i have a sh*%load of boost in there, if it was stock it would take to about 100km/h to catch him. The first 30 metres or so, the V6 Supercharged will bolt away and unless you have a tonn of boost to reel him in, it just wont happen for the 4L before about 100km/h-120km/h.

Moodys S/C V6 mate with the quick 60ft time is absolutely believable. Go and test drive one. It will be like seeing the sun for the first time. My brothers is an executive with V6 Supercharged motor and K&N filter, thats it. They only made a few executives Supercharged just before the Monaro came out and then they stopped them to make way for the monaro. So light weight and immediate boost = bloody quick takeoff.

Id say to the original author, grab the Calais supercharged, bit more boost and you will smoke most 4L on the road no sweat.

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 284 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The Supercharged V6 is a good performance car. Its just the LS1 came along and spoilt its day in the sun.

But dont go writing off the kid with crooked teeth, maybe he plays harder than the I6? Im telling you, you may scoff at the Supercharged V6 because it has crook teeth but the crook tooth Supercharged V6 will knock out most I6's at the traffic lights grand prix.

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:09 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

As you keep saying, but 2.1 60's aren't beyond manual falcons.
If you can't get a 2.1 60' with a mild manual E-Series, you cant drive.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

XR6T citric wrote:
People that bag the V6 Supercharged are in the dark. I agree they dont have that much after about 100km/h and you will get them over 400m with a few good mods to your car but at the traffic light absolutely no chance. In first gear even a bog stock one would tear any 4L to threads. Absolutely pull your pants down.

My Xr6T would just beat it to 60km/h but its because i have a sh*%load of boost in there, if it was stock it would take to about 100km/h to catch him. The first 30 metres or so, the V6 Supercharged will bolt away and unless you have a tonn of boost to reel him in, it just wont happen for the 4L before about 100km/h-120km/h.

Moodys S/C V6 mate with the quick 60ft time is absolutely believable. Go and test drive one. It will be like seeing the sun for the first time. My brothers is an executive with V6 Supercharged motor and K&N filter, thats it. They only made a few executives Supercharged just before the Monaro came out and then they stopped them to make way for the monaro. So light weight and immediate boost = bloody quick takeoff.

Id say to the original author, grab the Calais supercharged, bit more boost and you will smoke most 4L on the road no sweat.

mate, put me in a 6-sped man XR-T stocky. I know what will happen to a s/charged crappadore....jeezus ur in the dark. WHO AGREES THAT STOCK MANUAL XR6 TURBO WILL KILL A SUPERCHARGED STOCK 3.8????? mate another quick one ....who's paying you and how much??? this is ford mods, not holden mods mate.

EF Ghia 5L V8

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

AU1 XR6 wrote:
im with moody on this one.....like i said in a previous post my mate has a vt s s/c with cat back exhaust and k&n filter and it aint slow.....
I beat him in my au but not buy as much as i would of hoped...

prolly coz of the dev 5. its good but not great. Joes stage 3 is better i hear tells it. Doesnt the dev 5 cam underperform unless you get the headwork done as well?

enough isn't enough

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

Steady ED, I agree that a mild manual falcon can get that 60 foot time, but it just wont pull as hard up to the 60-70km/h mark as what the s/c will.

And so what if this is fordmods, the question is if the S/c Calais/Holdens are any good. And yes, they are.

And you could beat a supercharged 4 speed 3.8l automatic calais in a Turbo charged 4.0l 6 speed manual? YOU LIE! thats like saying i can drive faster then you can run.

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 11  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next