supercharging EB 5L 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: supercharging EB 5L
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ba

VIC, Australia

ok im the hunt as much info as i can find out about it, iv been looking at the capa site and there are two diffrent ones i can get (Powerdyne Kit) or the (Vortech Kit) has any one the any expeirance wit ether model? i was looking at buying a second hand one as brand new they cost heaps and the most of the time second hand kits come with all the part you need. got a few more qustions, will i need an inter cooler? will the stock drive line be all right? and will it cost much for some 1 to fit the unit? thank heaps :)

Ba Stock As A Rock

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Vortech will be better in the long run, as you will have the option to run more boost. But a pain because you have to run oil lines in, etc.
The stock driveline should be fine depending on what boost you run.
I haven't had any real problem with the Vortech blower myself, but with CAPA instead.
You wont definately ned a cooler, but CAPA would probably recommend that you run a Water Injection system instead.
I'd say a guesstimate for an install would be around the $500ish mark.

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Blueprint EB II Fairmont 5L

WA, Australia

the vortech is the better option...be very weary of 2nd hand superchargers.....specially if theyre not in the kit, coz then u gotta f**k around getting brackets and s**t and it ends up being more....-plus u wont know the condition of the 2nd hand charger and if u gotta get it rebuilt itll end up costing u more than buying a brand newy....and wen u start doing s**t like turbo, supercharging, strokin etc u dont wana cut corners to save costs coz it just bites u in the a** later on......

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

I had a powerdyne on a 5L for a couple of years. Great fun, a huge smile just thinking about it.

Powerdyne i wouldnt touch 2nd hand... maybe a rebuult unit instead? Vortechs are pretty tough so long as nothing goes wrong (sucking something into impellor vane or oil supply being interrupted). If it aint broken now, chances are its not going to f**k up in a hurry.

A few general comments...

You'll be ok without an intercooler on any powerdyne setup. Vortech, if you're looking to go much higher than 8psi then water injection prolly gonna be pushing itself :)

Driveline will be fine so long as you dont abuse it.

Fit it yourself, especially if you're buying a kit.

You'll need to look at the legalities if you want to insure it/drive around without fear of police retribution.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

So Martin, you're obviously back to a N/A setup, and have been for while i assume...
How do you cope without the blower. I'm struggling a little atm, but i know it can go back on fairly soon. Or have you had your fun with it, and got over it?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]