Supercharging EL XR8 

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: FG XR8, F6 F6 ute, XR5T, Capri

WA, Australia

Scaffy wrote:
Tocchi, can u please pm me and tell me how you did the whole "scaffy says" thing???

i pressed the 'quote' button - look at the top right of my post.

and if you have ebay you can get some cheap parts, and even on fordforums or fordmods 'for sale' section will sometimes have bargains!

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! I see it now! Thanks mate!

Hmmm.... so much to look for! I guess I'll have a crack at trying to source as much as I can. To start off with, is capa the only place in Australia who sell the blower head, or are there other places I should be looking?

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Post subject: supercharger
Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ive started looking into supercharging my XR8 but know of any workshops that install and tune. Anyone here from Sydney that know of a work shop that dose?

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Scaffy - CAPA is the only place you can get the new blower heads from in Australia AFAIK. You could look for a s/h one, or have a look in the US, as they're a bit cheaper over there.
If you start getting serious on looking at parts, i'll keep an eye out for some stuff for you, as i've been through it all myself, and have an idea on where to keep an eye on, and how much things can be had for.

MICKYYYY - Not sure of anyone to tune it in NSW, but just about any mechanic would be able to install a supercharger in less than a day. Its the tuning part that needs to be researched, as in, what brand of ECU you might want to use, etc. And who around your area that can tune the ECU you decide on.

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

Tocchi wrote:
ummm try pertheseries.com or perthfalcons.com

mainly tickwump

That's me.

To tell the truth, I wouldn't have a clue how to go about installing it, or what parts you need, but if you want to come for a ride in mine to see what yours would end up like, let me know and we will arrange something.

If you don't know what you are looking for, personally (maybe this is just my lack of confidence in myself), I would buy the complete kit. That way you have a complete list of things you need for the setup, and can check them all off, instead of getting it all to a workshop only to discover you are missing a few bits that are needed, but hard to source seperately.

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:
Scaffy - CAPA is the only place you can get the new blower heads from in Australia AFAIK. You could look for a s/h one, or have a look in the US, as they're a bit cheaper over there.
If you start getting serious on looking at parts, i'll keep an eye out for some stuff for you, as i've been through it all myself, and have an idea on where to keep an eye on, and how much things can be had for.

I'm very serious about getting it done. My problem is that I am very limited for time because of work. I think I may take Kilma's advice and go for the kit. At least I will know it is all there and it won't test my patience like I'm sure trying to source bits and pieces will. I'll be looking at getting my hands on the kit in January then when I get back into town on my break after it's in, get it fitted. In the mean time though, I guess it won't hurt to have a look around and see if I can get my hands on anything and then just get the rest from CAPA if need be.

Kilma - Have you done any internal mods to your engine to get those figures? I'd love to take you up on that offer. I'll be back in Perth from Friday til 10th of Jan. Maybe we could organise something during that time if it suits you :)

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Make sure you still check off the list that CAPA send through as well to make sure you have all the parts. I have heard of stories of things not being there when they should be.

No internal mods on my car. It is exactle as is in the sig.

No problems with the ride. Give me a yell when you are back in town and we will tee something up.

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

YELLING....

Some time next week maybe? I'm thinking about going down to get my a** whooped on Wednesday. Will you be heading down there or not? Otherwise, let me know when you are free and what area to be in and I'll be there. I have bugger all plans and am free most of the time for the next week and a half.

Do you know if there are any cruises happening sometime soon here in Perth? I found myself smackbang in the middle of one tonight heading thru the tunnel towards Great Eastern Hwy. All diff cars tho, XF, E series, dunnydoors, Skyline GT-R and AU XR8 ute that I gave a serving to! Haha His girlfriend was hot tho!

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Scaffy wrote:
YELLING....

Some time next week maybe? I'm thinking about going down to get my a** whooped on Wednesday. Will you be heading down there or not? Otherwise, let me know when you are free and what area to be in and I'll be there. I have bugger all plans and am free most of the time for the next week and a half.

Do you know if there are any cruises happening sometime soon here in Perth? I found myself smackbang in the middle of one tonight heading thru the tunnel towards Great Eastern Hwy. All diff cars tho, XF, E series, dunnydoors, Skyline GT-R and AU XR8 ute that I gave a serving to! Haha His girlfriend was hot tho!

If I do head down to the drags, I won't be in the car, I would be on the bike. Have to see how the cash is flowing (or not flowing).

I was on that cruise last night as well. I skipped the tunnel part to go home and get some warmer clothes though.

If the XR8 ute you are talking about was a silver one, it will be a lot more angry when they get it going properly and more repliably. It has a charger on it as well. The Mrs in the passenger seat would be fpv4life on here. :lol:

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

WHOOPS!!!! Well, maybe he wasn't trying that hard! Cos I came on to G.E. Hwy from the outside lane off the red light and he was in the middle. I went easy in 1st to make sure there was no po-po under the bridge (which I've seen them do before) then pulled up on him in 2nd and 3rd...

U got msn? If I catch u on there some time then might be able to organise something.

Ummm... yeah... about the hot missus thing... ummm....

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I am on MSN every now and then. Just add me.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

It's been a crazy week and I haven't been online or had time to scratch myself. I will have to take a raincheck on the ride Kilma. Maybe on my next break. I appreciate the offer though.

I got to BPT last week and although they were closed, Terry was there and came out when he saw me pull in. He was good enough to take the time to have a chat and gave me a look at the setup in his car. He's got a Kenne Bell kit in it and the sound of almost instantaneous torque is very appealing! It's a little bit more costly than the Vortech kit but there's a whole lot more fabrication involved as the kit is for a 5.0 Mustang so there's a bit of work to do.

Does anyone know if I should be upgrading much in the drivetrain department? I'd imagine clutch would be the first thing, but will I need to do flywheel? Anything to gearbox? Tailshaft? Diff? Axles? I think I read that someone out there has a 6 speed box in an EL. A t56 or something like that. Anyone know what one of those would be worth?

He said they'd be able to get 360 - 380rwhp quite comfortably. I'd be happy with anything over 300!

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:43 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6 (Formally PYROAY)

WA, Australia

the T56 conversion is bout 8g's for an i6,, so sumwere round that for an 8.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I am and have been running 300rwhp on stock driveline components AFAIK (with a heavy duty clutch) for over 2 years now without any problems.

Clampy is running a T56 behind his, and Pyoray has a Mal Wood 6 speed following his EL XR6T. I don't think either of them would be cheap options (I think Pyoray's one is about 8k).

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: SZ Titanium & ZG Fairlane

SA, Australia

Mal Wood quoted me 8 grand roughly for a T56 6 speed conversion for my XR8. But that is auto to manual though. Parts only.

F6 Rspec #139 - Stock Car Racing

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next