T3/T04E on a EL XR6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: T3/T04E on a EL XR6
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:27 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Just aquired a T3/T04E turbo cheap an was thinkin of puttin it on my EL XR6, Ive had a lil work done to the motor, cam head an such, and have 144 rwkws at the moment, and its an auto with standard tranny...has anyone used this turbo on their car, if so, what gains have you got out of it, are there any problems with it on that size motor, I intend running standard comp, injectors an such, with the idea of changing them later, and hopefully to get the most out of this setup, Im hoping to get around the 60 to 100 kws out of it, if that happens, then I'll be quite happy, running it at a safe boost figure, your comments would be appreciated...

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Cherokee

QLD, Australia

Firstly has the turbo had the s**t punched outta it or is it fresh? You may wanna look at gettin it rebuilt if its option A.
Dunno how well the auto tranny will hold though. You'll have to get ur exhaust mainfold firstly, you'll have to get a wastegate (don't know if they come with an external one or not) also need you oil feed and return lines to keep it lubricated which can be plumbed into the sump. You can keep your standard ecu, injectors, and fuel pump but you'll have to get something like a Malpassi rising rate fuel regulator aswell.
Best bet is to also use a 3" exhaust to take full advantage of what you have got.
This is just some of the basics, if ya after more detailed info which ya prolly will be speak to pyroay, ebs_4l and fritzz they have done a lot with turbo'n the I6.........

Looking for EF/EL Falcon/Futura/XR6/XR8/Fairy.
PM me if intrested in selling......

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:55 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Its a new turbo.... from what Ive seen probably one of the Monsta ones... Ive checked em out on the net an.. u can find em for around the $450 to $800, its rated up to 500hp turbine is AR 63 and the other is A/R 50, the wet floating bush type, the tranny from what Ive heard used on the XR6's are quite strong to take a pounding, I guess my main concern is, that I dont do any damage to anything else by installing this, I heard that a standard manifold modified will do the job also, rather than forking out $800 plus for a proper one, I'd like to hear from someone who's actually done this installation to see what they gained out of it, and whether it was worth the effort, Im using from memory a 2 3/4 or 3 inch exhaust system, an thanx for your feed back ED911, greatly appreciated.....

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah mate check out chef's tech doc at the top of the forced induction workshop, that is pretty detailed..

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

also there is a member on the forums that also makes the log styled mainfolds from memory resonably priced too :wink:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]